Clifford Chance continues to set the standard in corporate and M&A transactions in Poland, advising on many of the high-cap deals on the market. The department stands out for its regional and cross-border work, which is often coordinated from and generated in Warsaw. The group benefits from strong leadership comprising of well-respected practitioners Agnieszka Janicka, Marcin Bartnicki (an expert in M&A and associated insurance policies) and Wojciech Polz, who is known for handling private equity transactions and deals relating to healthcare, industrials and consumer goods. Counsels Tomasz Derda and Krzysztof Hajdamowicz are up-and-coming lawyers within the practice with an increasing profile for transactional work. Of counsel Nick Fletcher advises clients across the CEE region on acquisitions, disposals and corporate finance transactions. Counsel Iwona Terlecka is the name to note for advice on the competition aspects of deals.
Commercial, corporate and M&A in Poland
Agnieszka Janicka; Marcin Bartnicki; Wojciech Polz
Other key lawyers:
Tomasz Derda; Krzysztof Hajdamowicz; Nick Fletcher; Iwona Terlecka
Sun Investment Group Polska sp. z o.o.
Eurozone Equity Company S.A.
- Advised SVF II Motion Subco, an affiliate of SoftBank Investment Advisers, on the planned acquisition of unsecured convertible bonds of eobuwie.pl S.A. for PLN 500 million.
- Advised AXA on the €1bn sale of 100% of its Life & Savings, Property & Casualty and Pension businesses in Poland, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia to the UNIQA Insurance Group.
- Advised Cellnex Telecom, Europe’s leading operator of wireless telecommunications and broadcasting infrastructures, on its first transaction in Poland. The new Polish telecommunications tower company could invest up to €1.3 billion over the next 10 years in rolling out up to approx. 5,000 new sites.
At Greenberg Traurig Grzesiak sp. k., former practice head Jarosław Grzesiak left the firm in 2021 to take up a board position at Polsat. Notwithstanding this development, the firm still remains a heavyweight name in the Polish legal market and its team continues to stand out in major transactions in Poland and further afield across the CEE region. Lejb Fogelman now co-chairs the team with Rafal Baranowski, who has a strong track-record in domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity deals. Stephen Horvath is a well-established specialist in regional acquisitions. Łukasz Pawlak and Michał Bobrzyński are considered by clients to be 'true specialists in their field'.
Lejb Fogelman; Rafał Baranowski
Other key lawyers:
Stephen Horvath; Łukasz Pawlak; Michał Bobrzyński
‘Commitment and in-depth problem analysis go hand in hand with efficient and professional customer service. This is complemented by a truly high level of expertise.’
‘ Łukasz Pawlak and Michał Bobrzyński are true specialists in their field. Impressive knowledge goes hand in hand with professionalism.’
‘This is a truly global team that works as one.’
Cyfrowy Polsat Group
CVC Capital Partners
Abris Capital Partners
Oanda Global Corporation
Madison International Realty
- Advising Allianz S.E. in connection with the ongoing purchase of the Polish life and non-life insurance operations, as well as pension and asset management business, from Aviva and acquisition of 51% stakes in Aviva’s life and non-life bancassurance joint ventures with Santander. The value of the transaction exceeds €2.5bn.
- Advised Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. and Polkomtel sp. z o.o. (“Polsat Group”) on the sale of a 99.99% stake in Polkomtel Infrastruktura sp. z o.o., a subsidiary of Polsat Group, with Cellnex Poland sp. z o.o., a subsidiary of Cellnex Telecom S.A., Europe’s leading operator of telecommunications infrastructure. The value of the transaction exceeds PLN 7.1 billion.
- Advising the CCC Group in connection with a pre-IPO M&A transaction that will result in two new minority investors becoming shareholders of eobuwie.pl S.A. – the leader in the e commerce footwear market in Central and Eastern Europe. Negotiations were successfully concluded with the two selected investors – Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. and A&R Investments Limited, one of the shareholders of InPost S.A. The total value of the pre-IPO transaction amounts to PLN 1 billion.
Rymarz Zdort has a strong reputation for advising multinationals on cross-border transactions, and the firm is noted for its strong links with international firms without a presence in Poland, including former parent firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. The team is well-versed in public M&A and also deals involving private equity funds. The group is also known for its expertise in transactions involving financial institutions. Co-heading the group are managing partners Pawel Rymarz and Pawel Zdort. US-qualified partner Lukasz Gasinski is a regulatory lawyer who has expertise in commercial, corporate and securities law. Filip Uzieblo is another key individual. Marcin Chyliński left the firm in 2022.
Pawel Rymarz; Pawel Zdort
Other key lawyers:
Lukasz Gasinski; Filip Uzieblo; Marek Maciag; Jakub Zagrajek; Jacek Zawadzki
‘Customer-oriented cautious advice, clear communication outstanding support with M&A.’
‘Pawel Zdort is engaged, knowledgeable, very good communication, support with negotiations.’
‘We found the Rymarz Zdrot team to be very professional and it pays great attention to details. The team is distinguished by great negotiating skills and knowledge in its field. They always put their clients first. They are able to process large volumes of information quickly and formulate an effective strategy for each case that is assigned to their workload.’
‘All the lawyers (both partners and associates) with whom we cooperated applied high standards of work, demonstrated the ability to build lasting relationships, negotiate as well as exert influence and persuade. Each individual has superior research skills which have benefitted this firm immensely as well as excellent analytical skills. All these competences makes the Rymarz Zdort law firm unique on the local market.’
Grupa Netsprint sp. z o.o.
PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna
Northland Power Inc
Archicom S.A. and its founders
Cordia International Zrt.
The sellers of the shares in Virgin Mobile Polska sp. z o.o
Lone Star Funds
Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P.
Santander Bank Polska S.A.
AMC Capital IV Albatros S.à r.l.
Aberdeen Standard Investments
Bank Pekao S.A.
Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych S.A.
- Advised (together with Setterwalls Advokatbyrå AB) CEPD N.V. on its investment in Admenta Sweden AB, the operator of the LloydsApotek chain of pharmacies. The transaction comprised the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Admenta Sweden AB from the company’s current shareholder.
- Advised Santander Bank Polska on the sale of its minority stakes in Aviva Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen na Zycie, Aviva Towarzystwo Ubezpieczen Ogolnych and Aviva Powszechne Towarzystwo Emerytalne Aviva Santander. The transaction is part of Aviva plc’s planned exit from Poland by way of the sale of all of its Polish operations to Allianz for approximately €2.5bn.
- Co-advised (on matters related to Polish law) APG Investments in connection with an agreement with Orange Polska to create a joint venture that will operate a fibre network reaching around 2.4 million households in Poland by 2025, mainly in areas that currently lack infrastructure.
The corporate practice at White & Case M. Studniarek i Wspólnicy – Kancelaria Prawna sp.k. focuses on handling high-value cross-border transactions in Poland. The group specialises in M&A, demergers, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and equity investments, with particular expertise in the technology and telecoms sectors, as well as e-payments and real estate. The Warsaw office comprises of Polish, US and English law-qualified practitioners, making it a hub for deals across the region. Marcin Studniarek leads the team with a practice centred on commercial and securities law, M&A deals and corporate governance. Maciej Zalewski is a specialist in M&A and project finance, Aneta Hajska combines corporate transactional work with mandates involving IP issues. Marek Sawicki joined from DLA Piper in March 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Maciej Zalewski; Aneta Hajska; Marek Sawicki; Małgorzata Paśnik; Marcin Wisniewski
‘Marcin is a flexible negotiator who is looking for solutions and middle ground, whereas Aneta is ruthless in defending her client’s interests.’
Play Communications (P4 Sp. z o.o.)
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Global Compute Infrastructure LP
Nets Denmark A/S
Polish Enterprise Fund VIII (PEF VIII)
Mid Europa Partners
Taaleri Solar Wind II Sarl
- Advised Play Communications SA (Play), the leading mobile network operator in Poland, Kenboune Invest II SARL and Tollerton Investments Limited (affiliates of Novator Partners LLP and Olympia Group S.A., respectively), on ILIAD SA’s €2.2bn all cash public tender offer for all of the shares in Play.
- Advised Takeda, a multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company, on the Polish law aspects on this transaction, which concerned the sale of up to approximately $670 million of the company’s portfolio of select non-core, over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical products sold in Europe, and two manufacturing sites located in Denmark and Poland, to Orifarm Group, a Danish pharmaceutical company.
- Advised Synthos S.A., a chemical concern and a key player in the global synthetic rubber market, in connection with the acquisition of synthetic rubber operations based in Schkopau, Germany, from Trinseo, a global manufacturer of plastics and synthetic rubber, for nearly $450 million. As a result of the transaction, the Synthos group will become one of the three largest players in the synthetic rubber industry in the world.
Allen & Overy, A. Pedzich sp. k.
Allen & Overy, A. Pedzich sp. k.‘s Warsaw-based team works with other lawyers in the firm’s global network to advise on complex cross-border M&A in Poland and across the region. The group has extensive experience of deals involving the energy, infrastructure, manufacturing, financial and TMT sectors and it is able to draw on the services a well-developed banking and finance team. Jaroslaw Iwanicki, who specialises in financial institutional M&A, co-heads the department with competition and EU law expert Marta Sendrowicz. Senior associate Marcin Czaprowski combines transactional experience with a specialism in financial services regulations. Senior associate Maciej Skoczyński is also recommended.
Jarosław Iwanicki; Marta Sendrowicz
Other key lawyers:
Marcin Czaprowski; Maciej Skoczyński
Polski Fundusz Rozwoju
DIF Capital Partners
The Sage Group
American Towers Corporation
- Advised Ørsted on a joint venture with PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A. for the development, construction and operation of two offshore wind projects in the Baltic Sea, with a total potential capacity of up to 2.5 GW.
- Advised Tesco on the sale of its business in Poland to Salling Group A/S. The transaction included the sale of 301 stores and its associated distribution centres and head office.
- Advised Rabobank on the sale its stake in BNP Paribas Bank Polska through an accelerated bookbuilding arranged by Biuro Maklerskie PKO Banku Polskiego. The value of the transaction was PLN 353 million.
At CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Posniak i Bejm sp.k., the team has expertise in high-profile Polish M&A, with a particularly strong reputation in projects in the renewable energy, logistics and manufacturing sectors. The group is also active in matters with a nexus to the TMT, retail, insurance and life sciences industries. Department head Rafał Zwierz is triple-qualified to practise in Poland, the UK and US. Sławomir Czerwiński is a private equity expert. The ‘excellent‘ Błażej Zagórski has a notable reputation for advising German-speaking clients. Counsel Olga Czyżycka is increasingly known for M&A and private equity deals.
Other key lawyers:
Sławomir Czerwiński; Błażej Zagórski; Dariusz Greszta; Mateusz Stępień; Olga Czyżycka; Jarosław Gajda; Marta Osowska-Buba
‘Very competent team; focused on business purpose, time and cost conscious. Excellent team player.’
‘They were professional and helpful, even on those issues that did not have a clear answer.’
‘Rafal Zwierz continues to be our primary client liaison at CMS Poland. His work is solid, with a good understanding of a client’s need and a good team to keep the final bill within the agreed budget.’
‘Strong ability to draw upon additional subject experts (e.g. tax, employment) as the transaction and negotiations evolve.’
‘Their service levels and understanding of how a UK M&A consolidator structures and carries out transactions were excellent and from a GC’s perspective they made my life easy. The key takeaway is this – it felt like I was using CMS in London on a UK deal.’
‘Błażej Zagórski is excellent but the real star is Marta Osowska-Buba – senior associate (should be a partner tbh). Very experienced and super smart – also not afraid to provide opinions and ‘advise’ us. Great to see!’
Grupa Azoty Polyolefins S.A.
PIB Group Limited
Bank Pekao S.A.
Macquarie’s Green Investment Group
Partner in Pet Food
Polish Development Fund S.A. (Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A.)
Green Genius (Modus Group)
Compagnie d’Affrètement et de Transport – CAT SAS (Groupe CAT)
CEE Equity Partners
Dentons combines strong capabilities in corporate transactions with an ability to handle related regulatory issues, giving it an edge in deals in the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and telecoms sectors. The Warsaw office is part of a well-oiled international network and often acts as a hub for work across the CEE region. Piotr Dulewicz leads the team, and he is also a co-head of the firm’s Europe private equity group. Paweł Grabowski is an expert in transactions emanating from the real estate sector. Managing counsel Marceli Kasperkiewicz is an expert in Polish and EU civil law and has wide experience in domestic M&A.
Other key lawyers:
Paweł Grabowski; Marceli Kasperkiewicz; Marcin Paliwoda; Michał Wasiak
‘Full scope service provider in the Polish market.’
‘This is already the second time we worked with Marcin Paliwoda. He is a very knowledgeable and engaged M&A lawyer, who can communicate both very efficiently with US clients and “bridge” communication to local counterparties. At the same time, he is a very sympathetic and easy to connect with lawyer who is a pleasure to work with.’
‘The level of service is high and they are oriented for rapidly changing environment.’
Starkey Hearing Technologies
Zhejiang XCC Group
- Advised GEODIS, global transport and logistics company based in France, on its acquisition of PEKAES Group from Innova Capital fund.
- Advised Echo Investment, the leading Polish real estate development company, Echo Investment on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Archicom. The transaction created the largest residential development group in Poland.
- Advised Cornerstone Partners and Crestyl Group on the acquisition of 100% of shares in Budimex Nieruchomości, a leading Polish residential development company. One the largest real estate transactions in the CEE region since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
DLA Piper is a first port of call for clients from a wide variety of industries on their most complex and strategically-significant corporate and M&A mandates. The ‘trustworthy‘ group has experience of big-ticket transactions involving the technology, media and healthcare industries, among others. Following the departure of Marek Sawicki to White & Case M. Studniarek i Wspólnicy – Kancelaria Prawna sp.k., the practice is now led by ‘stand-out lawyer‘ Marta Frąckowiak, who is noted for private M&A, reorganisations and restructurings and commercial contracts. Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz focuses on private equity, M&A and capital markets deals. Jakub Marcinkowski is another key practitioner.
Other key lawyers:
Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz; Jakub Marcinkowski; Wojciech Kalinowski; Rafał Kluziak
‘Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz is sharp, balanced and an excellent M&A/PE lawyer. I was impressed by his negotiation skills and commitment.’
‘Fully committed and professional approach, trustworthy for my clients. in my opinion the most professional M&A team in Poland. They maintain an excellent relationship with the client and can easily handle the most difficult topics, issues that are brought up during a M&A transaction processes.’
‘Jakub Marcinkowski is a top-notch, first class M&A lawyer and out-runs the vast majority of his peers. Definitely one of the most talented partners in Poland.’
‘The team provides efficient on market support and is incredibly agile – with a rare ability to get to facilitate the execution of a transaction without over-engineering, while at the same time not compromising on the integrity of the final product. Without doubt, a world-class team!’
‘Marta Frackowiak is a stand out M&A lawyer who is able to provide innovative solutions to complex solution problems – and a seasoned M&A lawyer who is able to carry large and sophisticated transactions with ease.’
‘Jakub Domalik-Plakwicz led the team on both transactions we had opportunity to work with. He is a leading M&A lawyer with strong focus on public deals. He is highly professional and very strong in the negotiation room.’
Foreign Expansion Fund Closed-End Investment Fund of Non-Public Assets
General Electric Company
GS Engineering & Construction Corp.
Hubert Burda Media
Hyundai Engineering, Korea Overseas Infrastructure & Urban Development Corporation
Life Healthcare Group
Mid Europa Partners
Polish Enterprise Fund VIII
- Advising Mid Europa Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in GWD Concept (“Displate”) from its founders, Credo Ventures and Milton Capital.
- Advising The Life Healthcare Group on the sale of 100% of the shares in Poland-based healthcare network operator Scanmed to Abris CEE Mid-Market III LP for PLN 340 million. It is the largest deal in the healthcare sector in recent years.
- Advising Polish Enterprise Fund VIII, managed by Enterprise Investors, on the acquisition of a majority stake in the Polish software company Software Mind from Ailleron for €25 million.
Domanski Zakrzewski Palinka‘s team has ‘high quality standards in terms of both case management and customer relations‘. Its varied workload includes leveraged buy-outs, management takeovers and joint ventures, as well as reorganisations and restructurings across a wide variety of Polish sectors. Managing partner Krzysztof Zakrzewski is the practice head, and draws on significant experience in M&A and commercial matters. Marek Swiatkowski and Piotr Andrzejczak are prolific in handling deals for buyers and sellers. Bartosz Marcinkowski is an expert in restructurings.
‘The DZP team provides work of very good quality. It has high quality standards in terms of both case management and customer relations.’
‘Marek Świątkowski and Damian Szczygielski form a well-complemented and harmonious team. Their innovative ideas for resolving problems, often turn out to be a good way out of seemingly crisis negotiation situations. Their work represent very good value for money.’
LOT Polish Airlines
Amphenol Technologies Holding GmbH
Archer Daniels Midland Co.
Piano Group sp. z o.o. and its shareholders
Getin Holding S.A.
Hanwha Q Cells GmbH
Adolf Würth GmbH & Co. KG
Henryk Biały, Mirosław Pingot and Corab sp. z o.o.
- Advised Amphenol Technologies Holding GmbH on the acquisition of 100% shares in El-Cab sp. z o.o., with the complex transaction involving jurisdictional issues to address in both Poland and Germany.
- Advised Getin Holding and Getin International S.A. on the sale of shares in Idea Bank Belarus to JSC Minsk Transit Bank and the sale of shares in Idea Bank Romania and Idea Investment.
- Advised LOT Polish Airlines on its negotiations of public aid with the Polish Government and the European Commission, obtaining the aid through loans and a share capital increase.
Linklaters‘ team is integrated into the firm’s global office network, making it well-placed to handle multijurisdictional mandates. Of particular note, the Warsaw office houses UK, US and Swedish-qualified lawyers. The practice is led by English-qualified partner Daniel Cousens and includes US-qualified regional M&A specialist Tomasz Zorawski. The group excels in cross-border acquisitions and exits, high-profile mergers and the Polish aspects of international corporate restructurings. Marcin Schulz focuses on M&A and corporate regulatory matters, particularly in relation to the financial sector. Counsel Klaudia Królak is praised for her 'very good negotiation skills and business approach'.
Other key lawyers:
Tomasz Zorawski; Marcin Schulz; Klaudia Królak
‘Extensive experience, comprehensive knowledge, very efficient.’
‘Marcin Schulz has vast knowledge and experience. Deserves a distinction.’
‘What I value most about the Linklaters team is their experience, professionalism and pragmatic approach. They are flexible and solution-oriented lawyers who are able to put themselves in our shoes and understand our business exceptionally well. They are excellent negotiators delivering desired results.’
‘Klaudia Królak is outstanding. She is very business-oriented, very experienced and makes a real impact with the right focus on solving the key issues and getting things done in a client-friendly manner. Time and again she has proved to be a dedicated and tough negotiator with great ideas and a thorough understanding of the business side of the deal.‘
‘Very good experienced, innovative and business oriented team.’
‘Marcin Schulz is my main contact – extensive knowledge, practical approach and problem-solving nature.’
‘Klaudia Królak is important member of the team – very good negotiation skills and business approach.’
Celsa Huta Ostrowiec sp. z o.o.
LUX MED Group
Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A.
- Advised Orange Polska S.A. on the establishment of a FiberCo co-owned (50-50) with the APG fund. The joint venture, called Światłowód Inwestycje sp z.o.o., aims to have an fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) footprint that passes 2.4 million households over the next five years and will offer wholesale access to the network.
- Advising Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A. with respect to the implementation of the “Financial Shield”, the government financial support programme aimed at reducing the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advised Interxion, a leading European provider of carrier- and cloud-neutral colocation data centre services and a subsidiary of NYSE-listed Digital Realty, on its acquisition of Lamda Hellix, the leading provider of neutral data centre services in South East Europe and the owner of two data centres located on a campus in Athens, Greece.
Soltysinski Kawecki & Szlezak‘s corporate team works closely with the firm’s antitrust, litigation, renewable energy and intellectual property groups to provide a ‘pro-client‘ and well-rounded transactional service. The group has an impressive roster of international and Polish clients, for whom it handles high-profile deals. Leading the team is Robert Gawałkiewicz. He works with Krzysztof Pawlisz, who combines expertise in commercial and securities law, and is often instructed in privatisations and restructurings. Andrzej Motyka, who is 'full of new ideas', is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Krzysztof Pawlisz; Tomasz Kański; Łukasz Berak; Sławomir Uss; Marcin Olechowski; Andrzej Motyka
‘Very responsive. Flexible as far as solutions are concerned. pro-client approach.’
‘Andrzej Motyka is close to the client. very helpful. full of new ideas. Looks for opportunities.’
‘They are highly experienced, have good legal knowledge, are business-oriented and are very engaged in our projects. They offer very good value for reasonable fee. They understand the market and our business. Due to the long cooperation, SK&S is fully aware of most of our historical projects and their impact on future, and so can provide complex and in-depth legal advice.’
‘Krzysztof Pawlisz, senior partner, has been working with us for almost 20 years on strategic projects in Poland and his experience and guidance on key matters is always helpful. Andrzej Motyka is an experienced M&A and securities law expert. He is a proactive and responsive lawyer, capable of identifying potential risks and addressing them efficiently, while taking into consideration business goals of the client.’
The Iliad Group
International Paper Company
The FCA Group, The PSA Group
Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV
The Olszewski Family – El-cab Sp. z o.o.
The Bunge Group
The Eurocash Group
Onelog Invest (Lux) S.A.R.L. (a subsidiary of AXA)
Goldman Sachs Int.
The Ikea Industry Group
- Advised Iliad Group on its acquisition of Play Communication S.A.
- Advised the US corporation, International Paper, on the sale of International Paper (Poland) Holding for more than PLN 3 billion.
- Advised The FCA Group on the regulatory consequences of a merger in Poland concerning the status of the activities of two groups active in financial services in Poland.
Wardynski & Partners
Wardynski & Partners is well-equipped to handle cross-border corporate transactions, with it having close ties to international firms including Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and Kirkland & Ellis International LLP. The team is also often called upon to advise Polish corporates on their acquisitions in Poland and abroad. Pawel Ciecwierz is a veteran corporate lawyer with experience of M&A and restructurings. He jointly leads the group with Izabela Zielińska-Barłożek, who heads up the firm’s Poznań office and highly experienced in cross-border deals. Anna Dąbrowska has significant experience of handling day-to-day corporate operational issues and partnership matters. Katarzyna Wójcik-Bąkowska, who was promoted to partner in 2021, has a growing reputation in the healthcare and financial services industries.
Izabela Zielińska-Barłożek; Paweł Ciećwierz
Other key lawyers:
Krzysztof Libiszewski; Anna Dąbrowska; Bartosz Kuraś; Maciej Szewczyk; Katarzyna Wójcik-Bąkowska
‘The team at Wardynski were professional, responsive and commercial, adapting themselves to the way we wanted to work.’
‘High competence, availability, flexibility.’
‘Friendly approach, quick response.’
‘The team was very flexible, proactive and always a pleasure to work with, despite sometimes very challenging deadlines and a very demanding client.’
‘Krzysztof is a seasoned and exceptional M&A lawyer, who always keeps his cool and always thinks one step ahead in order to try to identify pragmatic solutions to complex problems.’
‘The team is very professional and responsible.’
‘Highly service oriented compared to other eastern European practices.’
‘Across their legal teams assisting us with transactions, they have a direct and “no-nonsense” approach to the advise they provide. As a law firm working with them on transactions you get what you need, when you need. The entire team is very service minded and eager to assist.’
Appfire International Holdings, LLC
Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Constantia Colorcap sp. z o.o.
Desch Holding B.V.
Eight Roads Ventures
Enata Bread Sp. z o.o.
Gränges AB (publ)
H+H International / H+H Polska
Herbstreith & Fox
HTL Strefa S.A.
Jakob Hatteland Bygg AS
Mayr-Melnhof Karton AG
Netto sp. zo.o.
Pamplona Capital Management
Salling Group A/S
- Advised Salling Group on the acquisition of shares in Tesco (Poland) and a successful takeover of 301 stores operating under the Tesco name as well as 2 distribution centres.
- Advised Mayr-Melnhof Karton AG on a successful acquisition of shares in International Paper-Kwidzyn sp. z o.o., a company running a paper mill, with a deal value of approx. €700m.
- Advised Gränges AB (publ) on the process to acquire the Polish flat rolled aluminium producer Aluminium Konin (Impexmetal S.A.) from Boryszew Group PLN938m, on a cash and debt free basis (Enterprise Value).
Baker McKenzie Krzyzowski i Wspólnicy Sp.k.
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Sp.k. organises its practice into M&A mandates and matters related to international commercial and trade-related work. On the corporate transactional side, the group has a notable presence across the energy, healthcare and consumer goods sectors, and it is jointly led by Tomasz Krzyzowski and Weronika Achramowicz. Magdalena Nasilowska's practice revolves around the manufacturing and technology sectors. Piotr Jaskiewicz takes the lead on commercial projects and compliance matters. In August 2020, Karol Czepukojć was hired from Wardynski & Partners to focus on restructuring and insolvency.
Tomasz Krzyżowski; Weronika Achramowicz; Magdalena Nasiłowska
Other key lawyers:
Piotr Jaśkiewicz; Karol Czepukojć; Paweł Długoborski
‘The team is highly efficient and able to deliver results timely and precisely.’
‘Weronika Achramowicz has a grip on running difficult multijurisdictional and cross-border transactions to a successful closing without sacrificing the clients’ legal position.’
‘Reliable team, good time of responding, well-qualified team with creative way of acting.’
‘The practice is unique due to outstanding knowledge of the M&A transactions especially in a field of tailoring easy and workable solutions which are crucial for successful agreement. The team is fully engaged on every level with high understanding and attention to details. This is complex service house covering full scope of services (incl third party as notary etc.) what make co-operation very useful.’
‘Tomasz Krzyżowski is extremely experienced, with deep knowledge of all aspects of transactions (legal, tax, business), fully engaged and accessible. Real leader an coach of younger partners.’
‘The Bakers team is formed of unique lawyers with strong legal expertise combined with commercial acumen. They understand business needs and show an agile approach to legal advice.’
‘It can be easily seen that Weronika Achramowicz is a strong leader of her team and trusted adviser to us as her clients. Always available and competent, gives us solutions that are compliant with the applicable laws and, at the same time, feasible and responding to business needs.’
Total Specific Solutions
Flügger group a/s
People Can Fly
PKN ORLEN S.A. and Baltic Power
OT Logistics S.A.
Marketing Investment Group S.A.
- Advised Embracer Group, a prominent gaming industry player on the multijurisdictional acquisition of Flying Wild Hog, one of the leading Polish games developers, from SuperNova Capital.
- Advised Total Specific Solutions (TSS), a leading European Vertical Market Software group, which is a part of the ecosystem of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), on the acquisition of Simple Group.
- Acted in another significant transaction for Flügger group A/S, playing a lead counsel role for Flügger group A/S on the acquisition of majority shareholding in Eskaro Group A/B, an international paint group with operations in CEE Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia and Finland.
Bird & Bird Szepietowski i wspólnicy sp. k. continues to impress clients with its corporate offering, advising on matters arising from the firm’s sweet spots of TMT, energy and healthcare. The group is experienced in handling private equity investments and commercial contracts relating to R&D. It is also able to draw on the considerable strength of the firm’s international office network. Rafal Dziedzic heads the team and has built up a significant reputation in transactions. Associate Artur Stosio is also building a solid practice. Paweł Bajno left the firm in March 2022.
Other key lawyers:
Artur Stosio; Michał Błaszkiewicz; Hanna Ławrynowicz
‘Always on time and professional approach.’
‘Piotr Dynowski is a great lawyer with high communication skills and huge knowledge and experience.’
‘Cross-border team, seamless cooperation between international offices. High quality service. Commercial approach to risk and problem solving. Senior lawyers actively working on transaction.’
‘Michal Blaszkiewicz – very competent, oriented to problem solving rather than only pure risk identification, proactive in finding ways out of problems and fully reliable. Senior lawyer actively working on the deal.’
DP Poland Plc.
Accession Capital Partners
Westport Fuel Systems
- Advising Enterprise Investors, one of the largest private equity firms in Central and Eastern Europe, on the €100m sale of Wento, a leading Polish renewable energy company specialising in photovoltaic projects, to Equinor.
- Advising PKN Orlen, a leading player in the fuel and energy market and the largest company in Central and Eastern Europe, on an acquisition process for one of the oldest and best-known press distributors on the Polish market – RUCH S.A.
- Advising PGNiG in relation to the considered take-over by PKN Orlen S.A.
GESSEL Attorneys at Law
According to one of its clients, GESSEL Attorneys at Law‘s ‘key strength is combining the letter of legal advice with client management and ensuring the progress of the deal‘. M&A work for Polish and international clients has beeen a cornerstone of the firm's work since its inception. Clients also turn to the firm for advice on private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as company law issues. The group is led by managing partner Marcin Macieszczak, who is also a specialist in private equity deals. Małgorzata Badowska and Maciej Kożuchowski are also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Maciej Kożuchowski; Małgorzata Badowska; Michał Bochowicz; Karol Sokół
‘GESSEL Attorneys at Law team, which is consisted by the ‘top-class specialists’, who have an impressive knowledge and depth of experience. Their key strength is combining the letter of legal advice with client management and ensuring the progress of the deal.’
‘Lawyers from GESSEL attorneys at Law are very flexible and efficient in their work. They focus on the delivery of solutions which are balanced in terms of business with consideration for mitigation of the related risks.’
‘Quick response and complexity answers done at once.’
‘Our company has had the opportunity to work with GESSEL on many transactions and we have never been disappointed! In addition to legal services at the highest level, GESSEL ensures a deep understanding of client’s business needs, a quick response to client’s requirements and good teamwork.’
‘I appreciate the work of the entire GESSEL team, but the partners: Małgorzata Badowska and Karol Sokół deserve a special mention. They both are highly regarded practitioners, who advise clients on a wide variety of corporate mandates, including acquisitions, mergers, obtaining and providing financing etc. They are top class specialists involved in projects, who deeply understand business and focus on solutions.’
Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych (Polish Stem Cells Bank)
LUX MED S.A.
Polimex Mostostal S.A.
R2G Polska Sp. z o. o. (Apaczka)
MasterLife Solutions Sp. z o.o., owner of Dietly.pl
- Assisting the Michał Sołowow-owned Black Forest fund with its investment in Corab.
- Advised Simple S.A. and its key shareholders on the sale of Simple S.A. shares announced by Total Specific Solutions, a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group.
- Advising LUX MED Group on its investment in Swissmed Centrum Zdrowia.
At Gide Loyrette Nouel, the corporate practice works closely with the firm’s offices in Paris, London and New York to advise foreign corporates on their M&A activity in Poland. The team is also instructed in company law issues and reorganisations. Dariusz Tokarczuk, who leads the team, is most noted for his leveraged buyout expertise. Edyta Zalewska also has an active transactional practice, and also handles restructurings and business separations. Wojciech Czyżewski is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Edyta Zalewska; Wojciech Czyżewski
‘Very good quality and dedicated team with exceptional network.’
KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.
Przedsiębiorstwo Państwowe “Porty Lotnicze”
Nowy Styl Group
BPI Real Estate Poland
La Brosse et Dupont
KPS Capital Partners
- Advised on the auction process for the concerted exit from Maczfit Foods sp. z o.o.
- Advised Apax Partners on the Polish aspects of its acquisition (by its US portfolio company) of the Contraload Group.
- Advised KPS Capital Partners on the acquisition of European, Central European, Eastern European and African food, aerosol and promotional packaging companies from Crown Holding for €2.25bn.
Hogan Lovells (Warszawa) LLP
Hogan Lovells (Warszawa) LLP's recent work included corporate and M&A deals in sectors such as life sciences, financial services and technology, among others. In addition to handling M&A, the team assists clients with matters such as private equity deals, joint ventures and restructurings. The Warsaw team is embedded into the global network, making it a leading adviser on cross-border mandates. Beata Balas-Noszczyk is an expert in commercial, insurance, banking, investment fund and pensions law. She co-heads the practice with Marek Wroniak who stood down as a partner to become a senior counsel in 2021. Counsel Tomasz Żak is also recommended.
Beata Balas-Noszczyk; Marek Wroniak
Other key lawyers:
Tomasz Żak; Tomasz Grygorczuk
‘Out of the box thinking and attitude to resolve issues rather than creating them.’
‘Tomasz Zak stands out from other lawyers in terms of quality of legal advisory services and looking for qualified solutions for every matter over the course of transaction execution.’
‘Good collaboration between the various disciplines present within the team (legal, claims, tax, etc.). Always proactive on following-up on open items and next steps discussed.’
Saur Polska sp. z o. o.
Interpublic Group (IPG)
HR Management Group
Gothaer Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń S.A.
mFinanse S.A. and mBank S.A. (Commerzbank Group)
Kapsch TrafficCom and Axxès
FCB Inferno Limited
Arcus Infrastructure Partners
- Advising the HR Group on its acquisition of a hotel portfolio from the Vienna House Group.
- Advising Mylan on the Polish legal and tax aspects of its global merger with Upjohn Inc., a Pfizer’s subsidiary, which resulted in establishing Viatris, a Nasdaq listed company.
- Advising the Aviva Group on the sale of its 51% stake in Santander Aviva Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń na Życie (life insurance business) and Santander Aviva Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń (non-life insurance business) to the Allianz Group. The joint venture entities are part of the long-term, strategic bancassurance partnership between Aviva Group and the Santander Group in Poland.
Kochanski & Partners has close links with private equity houses, which it regularly advises on Polish deals, restructurings and day-to-day corporate issues. The team is co-led by Rafal Rapala and Pawel Mardas, who are seasoned M&A lawyers, and real estate-focused partner Pawel Cholewinski. Karol Polosak is another key team member.
Rafał Rapala; Paweł Mardas; Paweł Cholewiński
Other key lawyers:
Karol Połosak; Aneta Serowik; Weronika Duda
NEVI sp. z o.o. sp. k.
MML Capital Partners
Indus Holding AG
State Street Global Advisors
Ringier Axel Springer Polska
Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
State Street Bank International
Coca-Cola HBC Polska
Huta Małapanew sp. z o.o.
- Assisted State Street Global Advisors with its investment and brokerage activities in Poland.
- Advised MML Capital Partners on performing a due diligence investigation of the Polish subsidiary of Western Global Holdings (the target), support in respect of warranty and indemnity wording specific to the target and the local (Polish) jurisdiction, as well as comprehensive assistance in drafting ancillary pre- and post-closing documents specific to the local jurisdiction.
- Advising Groupe Beneteau on the enterprise acquisition of Delphia Yachts, including respective production sites. The assignment included performing due diligence investigations, structuring the transaction and developing and negotiating all transaction documentation.
Maruta Wachta sp. j.'s corporate practice is particularly highly reputed in the digital and tech sectors, as is reflected by its work for Polish and foreign IT, tech, e-commerce and digital companies. The firm is well-versed in IT outsourcing contracts and regulatory issues associated with digital business. The department is led by Daniel Jastrun, who is an English and Swedish-speaker with strong links with Scandinavian enterprises. Zbigniew Okoń has expertise in IP, IT contracts, e-commerce and marketing law. In October 2020, the firm hired Michał Pękała from Linklaters, who kickstarted the gaming practice with senior associate Jakub Kowal (a key arrival from Deloitte Legal, Ostrowski, Gizicki i Wspólnicy sp.k. in January 2021).
Other key lawyers:
Zbigniew Okoń; Michał Pękała; Jakub Kowal; Mateusz Franke; Mateusz Dominik
‘We have worked with Maruta Wachta’s corporate and M&A team for 2-3 years, and have seen continuous satisfaction with their work and its delivery. The work delivered is always of the highest quality, and all our comments / remarks are quickly implemented into any work that they prepare. Working with the firm is also convenient.’
‘Martua Wactha is among Poland’s most progressive and tech-savvy law firms. The firm is structured to attract talent is a very difficult and competitive environment and once in the firm, their members tend to stay long beyond the industry standard. MW has a culture of timely responsiveness and out-of-the box solutions thinking. Their corporate commercial practice group is particularly strong as is their innovations-based know-how.’
‘The best tech / IT firm in Poland. Always absolute reliable partners.’
‘Daniel Jastrun is superb. Approachable, responsive and knowledgeable. He is a fantastic gateway for us into the firm.’
‘Daniel Jastrun the head of the Corporate and M&A practice and his wide experience in the areas of commercial, e-commerce, IT, corporate and M&A, with a specialist focus on technology and digital business. He specializes in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions and the Nordic market. So that knowledge for the Scandinavian business community in Poland is really a demanding skill. Besides there is no question Daniel would try to find an answer to and he is really fast in providing solutions.’
‘I want to recommend the head of the video games division – Michał Pękała- who’s our primary contact in the firm. He pays attention to our needs no matter which practice is responsible for the project. He’s brilliant in terms of IP law and he has a great practical attitude for us – as his client – is a great value for the decision-making process.’
‘The Maruta team is very professional and not has only good lawyers, but they really know the gaming industry. Maruta’s key strengths are that they are deep into technology, they know our business inside out, and they are invaluable in discussions with both Polish and foreign investors.’
‘Michał Pękała is an expert in gaming and knows the business like the back of his hand. He is my main point of contact, and I can reach out him with any issue at any time. He is always responsive and most helpful.’
Orange Polska/Bluesoft sp. o.o.
Frontiers Media SA
SUPERHOT sp. z o.o.
Curated Content Ltd.
Operator Chmury Krajowej sp. z o.o.
IFS Industrial and Financial Systems Central and Eastern Europe Sp. z o.o
First Law International
Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited
Euro-net sp. z o.o./ RTV EURO AGD
TSG Brudnik sp. z o.o.
Crunching Koalas Sp. z o.o.
Vavel Games AB
Acid Wizard Studio Sp. z o.o. sp. k. (ACW)
Superhot Sp. z o.o.
Ten Square Games S.A.
Huuuge Games sp. z o.o.
Equitin Parters Limited
Ogilvy sp. z o.o.
- Advised Orange Polska S.A. and its wholly-owned subsidiary Bluesoft on the acquisition of 100% stake in Craftware.
- Provided comprehensive assistance to Swiss corporation Frontiers Media with setting up a technology-focused SPV in Poland and entering the Polish market.
- Acted as local counsel for Reconomy UK Ltd in the acquisition of Eurokey Recycling Ltd, including its Polish branch.
Noerr‘s ‘lean but efficient‘ practice is focused on mid to upper-mid market transactions in Poland, with an impressive roster of Polish and international (predominantly German) clients. In 2020-2021, the team handled major deals in the TMT and waste management sectors. Jointly leading the department are Ludomir Biedecki (who ‘delivers the best quality work‘) and the ‘very competent‘ Jakub Lerner. Radosław Biedeck is also recommended.
Ludomir Biedecki; Jakub Lerner
Other key lawyers:
‘The work was very smooth and efficient.’
‘Jakub Lerner is very competent.’
‘We worked with lean, yet very efficient teams with capability to involve experts in any relevant field. The work with open-minded lawyers, always striving to find creative solutions is a strength of this team. Timeliness, availability and responsiveness have been exceptional. All the above provide the comfort that time and resources are used efficiently and it is always possible to overcome obstacles.’
‘Ludomir Biedecki always takes best care of the client’s interest – either by being personally involved or by coordinating team members. He delivers the best quality work, with highest communication standards. What we appreciate is that he can be very firm in negotiations when needed but never aggressive. His team members follow the same rules. It is a pleasure to work with him and his team.’
‘Radosław Biedecki and Ludomir Bierdecki are both highly professional and do excellent work.’
Bauer Media Group
Verlagsgruppe Passau / HKM Beteiligungs GmbH
PreZero / Schwarz Group
TAG Immobilien AG
Telekom Innovation/Deutsche Telekom
AFP (Aluflexpack Group)
Gain Capital (currently StoneX)
Papierfabrik Adolf Jass
- Advising on a series of sector acquisitions in Poland, as part of Rubix Group’s network development strategy. incl. acquisition of PePe sp. z o. o. – a renowned supplier of specialist flow products in Poland, and acquisition of Hafner Pomagier – Trzebuchowscy sp. z o.o (HR Hafner) – a leading provider of a comprehensive product and services offer spanning the entire compressed air and pneumatic chain. The firm is currently advising on further acquisitions in Poland and the Czech Republic, as client’s main counsel on M&A transactions.
- Advised GBA Gesellschaft für Bioanalytik mbH on the acquisition of 100% shares in JARS S.A., a company specialised in conducting laboratory testing
- Advised Bauer Media on the sale of Interia Group to Polsat Cyfrowy
Schoenherr Stangl sp.k.'s team is experienced in domestic and cross-border M&A, optimising capital group structures and day-to-day corporate advice. It has particularly strong ties with German-speaking clients. Paweł Halwa heads up the group, which includes Krzysztof Pawlak, whose knowledge extends to insurance and compliance-related issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team delivers very good quality for a competitive price, with a practical approach and a drive to close matters. While there are larger firms out there in the market, Schoenherr showed personal involvement, commitment to our matter and the right level of expertise.’
‘Paweł Halwa is very efficient and has a ‘can-do’ approach – both in terms of commercial arrangements and the legal advice he provides.’
‘Quick response for each of our requests/calls/questions, being informed about the process during its duration.’
‘Very responsive, excellent service, outstanding experience and knowledge.’
‘Great team of Schoenherr Poland provided excellent legal support in a recent M&A transaction, with valuable and timely support, advise and execution.’
‘Paweł Halwa and his team provided excellent advice and support in executing on some very sensitive and very important topics related to the recent acquisition on the Polish market. Being always available and willing to get involved to the fullest, was very much appreciated.’
UNIQA ȪSTERREICH Versicherungen AG
Summit Partners Limited Partnership
Agro Merchants Group – TBC
UNIQA Real Estate
- Assisted UNIQA with the acquisition of AXA subsidiaries in the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia for a purchase price of around €1bn.
- Advised the Polish subsidiary of the ASSA ABLOY Group on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Donimet BIS sp. z o.o., Warka, Poland.
- Advised Dagat-Eco on the process of negotiation of documentation pertaining to sale to Omikron Capital PE of 100% of shares in Dagat-Eco sp. z o.o.
WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr is instructed in complex M&A deals that often have a cross-border dimension. The team is able to draw on the expertise of practitioners in ancillary areas on a regular basis, such as finance, competition, labour law, tax and IP. The 'very responsive and flexible' Jakub Jedrzejak is an expert in cross-border M&A. He jointly leads the department with distressed M&A and restructuring specialist Andrzej Wierciński, as well as company law and corporate governance expert Anna Wojciechowska. Ben Davey, who is qualified in Australia, is a name to note for cross-border investment deals. Counsel Krzysztof Wawrzyniak is increasingly making a name for himself in the energy space.
Jakub Jędrzejak; Andrzej Wierciński; Anna Wojciechowska
Other key lawyers:
Ben Davey; Grzegorz Godlewski; Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska; Krzysztof Wawrzyniak
‘Good merger of professional approach with market understanding and what is important: flexibility!’
‘They did what needed to be done, always understanding and supporting, even if plans changed. There was never a sign of “letting go” even if we thought about it.’
‘Feels like an extended arm of our own team. Pragmatic and solution oriented.’
‘We work with Anna Wojciechowska who leads all our corporate restructuring projects and coordinates the works of other WKB experts. I appreciate in particular the high standard of her work. She is reliable, perfectly organized, keeps all deadlines and is very responsive. It is a pleasure to work with her.’
‘Krzysztof Wawrzyniak was very involved in the process, in every element of it, incredibly responsive and flexible. He had a well-considered vision of the particular steps to be taken in the restructuring process and had a great understanding of the whole, very complicated process.’
‘I highly recommend cooperation with the WKB corporate team, which is always available and provides high quality legal assistance even on short deadlines. Anna Wojciechowska and Krzysztof Wawrzyniak perfectly understand our needs and have a very business-oriented approach.’
‘Business-oriented team, focused on key legal issues and supportive to commercial topics pursued by client.’
‘The counsel I worked with was very detailed while describing the process and documents required. All documents were prepared perfectly and on time.’
P. Van de Velde Group
Shop Apotheke Europe N.V.
Sea Wind Holding AG
ABO Wind AG
Norddeutsche Vermögen Holding GmbH & Co. KG
R. Power Group
- Advised Aviva plc on the Polish legal aspects of its exit from Poland through the sale of its entire shareholding in all of its Polish subsidiaries, including primarily insurance businesses, as well as pension fund, investment fund manager, and its joint ventures with Santander.
- Advised RWE on Polish aspects of acquisition of the 2.7-GW onshore wind and solar project development pipeline, including projects in France, Spain, Sweden and Poland, from Nordex SE.
- Advised Orbico d.o.o., the largest distributor in Europe, in the sale of 80% of shares in the share capital of Distribev Orbico sp. z o.o. to United Beverages S.A
Wolf Theiss offers corporate advisory and transactional services to an impressive range of clients with operations in Poland, with stand-out expertise in the energy sector. The Warsaw office acts as a hub across the CEE region, able to assist Polish clients with cross-border deals. Co-managing partner Peter Daszkowski is an adept commercial and transactional lawyer with a practice that touches on employment law issues. He jointly leads the team with M&A veteran Jacek Michalski, who also has expertise in corporate governance and regulatory issues in the financial sector. Counsels Maciej Olszewski and Dariusz Harbaty are also known for their M&A experience.
Jacek Michalski; Peter Daszkowski
Other key lawyers:
Maciej Olszewski; Dariusz Harbaty
VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP AG Wiener Versicherung Gruppe (VIG)
Burda Media Polska
Halifax Capital Partners
European Investment Bank (EBI)
Trudell Medical Limited (Canada)
3i Group plc
ALSO Holding AG
Europi Property Group AB
- Advised Wiener Versicherung Gruppe on its acquisition of Aegon’s insurance business in Hungary, Poland, Romania and Turkey being responsible for all legal and regulatory aspects of acquisition of insurance business.
- Advised NPPI Buyer LLC with respect to drafting and negotiating the share transfer agreement of the Polish target (Sonoco Poland – Packaging Services) to Pozzano and on the increase of the share capital in Pozzano and Murlo.
- Advising NVIDIA Corporation on the FDI (foreign direct investment) screening requirements in Poland in connection with NVIDIA’s acquisition of a British chip designer Arm Holdings from the Japanese investment firm Softbank.
CDZ Chajec, Don-Siemion & Partners‘ team is regularly instructed in domestic M&A, company reorganisations, joint ventures and equity investments. The team is particularly knowledgeable about the technology and real estate sectors. Co-founding partner Andrzej Chajec leads the department. with a niche in advising companies on investment processes and capital restructuring. Szymon Skiendzielewski is the name to note for private equity and investment funds issues. Jolanta Okoniecka also has a strong corporate transactional practice.
Other key lawyers:
Szymon Skiendzielewski; Maciej Kotlicki; Jolanta Okoniecka
- Advised Balticus on an open subscription (subskrypcja otwarta) of a Polish-based manufacturer of high-end watches. Support involved drafting legal documentation connected with an issue of the company’s shares to individual investors.
Crido Legal‘s corporate and M&A practice handles corporate deals in Poland and it also advises Polish companies on their acquisitions overseas. The group works closely with the firm’s tax professionals to provide a joined-up service to clients. Mateusz Baran is the team leader. Senior associate Katarzyna Żółcińska focuses on investment funds issues. In April 2021, Mateusz Rogoziński departed for SSW Pragmatic Solutions.
Other key lawyers:
Katarzyna Żółcińska; Marzena Lau; Michał Klimowicz
‘Crido is able to provide comprehensive legal and tax advice on complex corporate and M&A projects (also international). Crido assures in-depth and detailed analysis of entrusted issues and searches tailor-made solutions that would be compliant not only in legal and tax aspects, but also meets business expectations.’
‘I work directly with Mateusz Baran and Michał Klimowicz. Mateusz has eyes all around his head and very rich experience, which makes him a perfect partner to talk about the most difficult topics and solutions. Michal manages his team very efficiently and is my contact person for the ongoing work. He is able to implement changes very quickly and responds dynamically when there are changes in the process.’
‘I appreciate Crido’s ability to pay attention to detail and to see the bigger picture of the transaction at the same. What also stands Crido apart from other law firms is business focus of their team – they handle not only law issues but also all practical aspects of the project. And what is the most important: they are exceptional lawyers, having great knowledge and understanding of business.’
‘I like working with Crido i.a. due to their responsiveness and good communication. Mateusz Baran and Katarzyna Żółcińska provide legal advice tailored to specifics of the particular client, moreover they explain proposed solutions so it is perfectly understandable even in the case of complex legal matters. They are also pretty flexible as regards financial aspects of cooperation.’
‘We outsource our most difficult cases to Crido for support and know that we can expect a prompt and professional response from them.’
‘The people who stand out most within the corporate team at Crido are Mateusz Baran and Michał Klimowicz. They both have deep knowledge of the business we run and can quickly adapt this knowledge to the questions we ask. Mateusz, with his comprehensive knowledge, is also quick to identify other potential issues to pay attention to, even from other areas of law. Michael reacts quickly to any issues that arise during projects and communicates possible solutions in a straightforward manner.’
‘The entire team has very rich experience related to corporate law, which gives us the comfort to work and achieve our business goals. Moreover, they have good communication skills and take active role in the projects ensuring that the project is done fully in line with the anticipated timeline.’
‘I value the fact that Crido looks at the process holistically, and not only from the legal perspective. The firm is well recognized in the market.’
Atrium European Real Estate
Pollen Street Capital
Bonnier Business Press AB
Avenger Flight Group
- Advised Pollen Street Capital on acquisition of 100% of shares of mfind IT from MCI – Polish private equity fund and its founders. The buyer was Serwis Holdings CEE S.A.
- Advised Bonnier Business Press AB on acquisition of Grupa RX, Poland-based companies offering modern digital products and services to Polish physicians and medical students, from its founders.
- Advised Damian Piotrowski and Norbert Piotrowski, the minority shareholders on leveraged buyout (LBO) of Aerosol Service. As a result from transaction Damian Piotrowski and Norbert Piotrowski hold directly and indirectly 100% of the shares of Aerosol Service.
Deloitte Legal, Ostrowski, Gizicki i Wspólnicy sp.k. acts as a one-stop-shop to corporates in relation to transactions in Poland and central Europe. The team has expertise in private equity and venture capital investments, as well as public and private M&A. It works alongside Deloitte’s consultancy professionals, providing support in relation to issues such as tax. Co-leading the department are Piotr Siezieniewski and Ryszard Manteuffel. Jacek Korzeniewski‘s practice brings together expertise in commercial law, M&A and environmental law.
Piotr Siezieniewski; Ryszard Manteuffel
Other key lawyers:
Mariusz Śron; Jacek Korzeniewski
‘One person, who supervises all matters, friendly relationship, professional attitude, respect to requirements, perfect communication.’
‘Very good motivated and client oriented team. Experienced practitioners, business-minded, proactive approach.’
‘Piotr Siezieniewski is my main contact. He has extensive knowledge, client oriented, business approach and problem-solving nature. Very good communication and negotiation skills. Ryszard Manteuffel has unique experience in public M&A and provides substantial input in regulatory matters, which is crucial in M&A of financial institutions.’
‘Piotr Siezieniewski and Jacek Korzeniewski are very responsive, pragmatic and friendly. They give concise advice and manage the projects for us. They belong to our best advisors worldwide and we can recommend them without hesitation.’
JD Sports Fashion PLC
A&R Investments Limited
Scope Fluidics S.A.
- Advised JD Sports Fashion Plc on acquiring 60% of the shares of Marketing Investment Group S.A. (MIG).
- Advised A&R Investments Limited on an investment in a 10% stake in eobuwie.pl S.A. CCC is one of the largest footwear retail companies in Central Europe.
- Advised NCBR on investments in Polish R&D&I companies.
DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k‘s corporate and M&A team in Warsaw is an integral part of the firm’s European offering, working alongside the regional office network in a wide variety of cross-border transactions. The team is well-versed in M&A, capital injections and public offerings of securities. Managing partner Michał Pawłowski jointly leads the practice with Filip Urbaniak and Rafał Woźniak. Anna Wietrzyńska-Ciołkowska is another key team member with substantial M&A experience and a specialism in gambling licences.
Michał Pawłowski; Filip Urbaniak; Rafał Woźniak
Other key lawyers:
Adrian Jonca; Anna Wietrzyńska-Ciołkowska; Izabela Szczygielska
‘Global coverage. Problem-solving attitude.’
GameOn Creative Inc.
Sonoco Products Company
CentralNic Group plc
Dobra Energia dla Olsztyna and its shareholder Meridiam
PFR Ventures sp. z o.o.
Meyra Group sp. z o.o.
- Advised the ESPF 4 fund managed by KGAL on acquisition of 27 MW wind farm project from the Boryszew Group.
- Advising an internet services company listed on AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on Polish aspects of the transaction involving the acquisition of Zeropark and Voluum businesses, as well as certain assets from entities belonging to Codewise group.
- Advised Sonoco Products Company on the sale of a European contract packaging business to Prairie Industries Holdings.
Eversheds Sutherland Poland's team is particularly active in advising on the Polish aspects of multijurisdictional M&A and restructurings, working closely with colleagues in the firm’s global office network. The team has a strong showing for renewable energy-related deals, and in 2020, handled numerous transactions in this space. Jointly leading the team are Ewa Szlachetka and Renata Patoka. Of counsel Krzysztof Feluch is also recommended.
Ewa Szlachetka; Renata Patoka
Other key lawyers:
Krzysztof Feluch; Kamil Ciodyk
ALE Holdings Limited
Cogito General Partner
Drukarnia Embe Press
IGT Global Services Ltd.
AR Packaging Sweden (previous name A&R Carton AB)
Advantage Smollan GmbH
Bang & Bonsomer Group Ab
SFC SOLUTIONS CZĘSTOCHOWA Sp. z o.o.
Reconomy (UK) Limited
Airbridge Equity Partners
- Advised Ricoh on the acquisition of SimplicITy, a Polish company operating in the field of IT solutions integration.
- Advised Airbridge Equity Partners on its investment in Survicate.
- Advised ZignSec in connection with entering into an agreement to acquire the Web Shield Group, a leading RegTech company with cutting-edge expertise in real-time onboarding, compliance and monitoring.
EY Law‘s corporate and M&A team regularly assists corporates and private equity houses with all aspects of their transactions in Poland, drawing on the firm’s capabilities in employment, tax and restructuring. Zuzanna Zakrzewska, who is the key contact for corporate transactions, is 'a true leader of her team and a reliable partner to her clients'. Magdalena Kasiarz takes the lead in restructuring matters. Zbigniew Pindel is often called upon to advise on the employment aspects of transactions.
Zuzanna Zakrzewska; Magdalena Kasiarz
Other key lawyers:
Zbigniew Pindel; Ewa Gajda-Kozłowska; Jakub Organ; Piotr Gogol
‘EY corporate team is a very professional and skilful team of lawyers.’
‘Zuzanna Zakrzewska is a true leader of her team and a reliable partner to her clients. I would recommend Zuzanna as one of the best corporate practitioners in Poland.’
The SPAR Group Ltd
Grupo empresarial SADISA
Eissmann Automotive Deutschland GmbH
Polish real-estate companies of Credit Suisse Group
IWG Management sp. z o.o. (formerly Regus Management sp. z o.o.)
Famoc S.A., Famoc Software Limited
Grast & MTB Sp. z o.o.
Michelin Polska sp. z o.o.
GGH PF Project 3 GGH Management sp. z o.o. sp.k.
- Advising Spar Group on its cross-border acquisition of Polish supermarket chain “Piotr i Paweł” and the debt settlement relating to the chain’s restructuring.
- Advised Ailleron S.A on the due diligence process for Valuelogic – full-service software house. The project included due diligence of the target and preparing a due diligence report.
- Advised Grupo empresarial SADISA on the Polish aspects of its restructuring, including the sale of Parking na Groblach.
GSW Legal Grabarek, Szalc i Wspólnicy Sp.k. handles M&A, commercial contracts and corporate transactions, with particular sector knowledge relating to aviation, technology, energy and insurance. The group has substantial domestic and cross-border experience in negotiating contracts and spearheading M&A deals. Rafał Szalc (who has ‘a wealth of legal knowledge and great interpersonal skills‘) jointly leads the department with Tomasz Grabarek, who is known for his ‘competence and human approach‘. Katarzyna Białek is recommended for transactions involving real estate.
Rafał Szalc; Tomasz Grabarek
Other key lawyers:
Katarzyna Białek; Maria Janicka
‘We are pleased to work with Rafał Szalc. He provides advice on corporate matters and capital market law. He is an excellent lawyer with high qualifications and a very good knowledge of the above-mentioned issues and very efficient customer service. He does not create unnecessary barriers and is very open in communication with the client and acts with due diligence.’
‘GSW Legal, as a law firm, offers comprehensive legal services and a broad view of each case. GSW Legal’s lawyers who I had opportunity to work with are experienced specialists in their fields. They have been supporting us for many years with their accuracy, expertise and knowledge, earning our trust in return.’
‘Rafał Szalc is an excellent legal adviser who, apart from being professional and having extensive legal knowledge, is well known for his good contact with the clients. We really enjoy cooperation with him, as we know, that together with him we were always been able to find most effective and optimal solutions. This is definitely the partner we can always count on.’
‘GSW Legal’s professional approach and genuine care when it comes to its clients businesses is what distinguishes it. As a law firm they’re trustworthy, conscientious and accurate. We’re not afraid to entrust them our business, because we’re sure, it’ll be treated as their own.’
‘GSW Legal means first and foremost people and legal counseling at the highest level. Managing partner, Rafał Szalc provides an excellent legal counsel and advice to companies. His wealth of legal knowledge and great interpersonal skills make for an efficient and professional cooperation.’
‘We’ve been their clients for years, because we know we can trust them and entrust them with our business without worry. Their team of experts provides us with comprehensive support and is always diligent and goal oriented when it comes to legal affairs and handled cases.’
‘Tomasz Grabarek is an example of a lawyer who, in addition to providing legal services to corporations, supports clients with his competence and human approach. It is not often that law firms treat the cases they handle as their own. GSW Legal’s lawyers are a team of professionals who are not afraid of challenges and often exceed expectations.’
‘We work mainly with Rafał Szalc. He does excellent work and has strong commercial judgment. He advises us on all aspects of our business – M&A, contracts, employment, litigation. He also takes the lead for international work outside of Poland, and coordinates local counsel for those projects. He is one of the strongest lawyers I have worked with in my career.’
AmTrust International Underwriter DAC / AmTrust Nordic
Bacca Sp. z o.o.
Central European Engine Services Sp. z o.o.
Digital Care Capital Group
Elemental Holding S.A.
LOT Aircraft Maintenance Services Sp. z o.o.
Globe Travel Services Poland S.A.
ITBoom Sp. z o.o.
Soflab Technology Sp. z o.o.
Start Parking (Ecom Media Sp. zoo sp.k.)
Infologistics Sp. z o.o.
MTTC Poland Sp. z o.o.
UP Energy Sp. z o.o.
Energy Gate Europe Sp. z o.o.
Escher Group Holdings Plc
Automet Group Sp. J.
Euro Sky Services Sp. z o.o.
BCAST Sp. z o.o.
BSD Growth Fund PCC Limited
Capital Partners S.A.
TERMSIL Glass Sp. z o.o.
iMad Sp. z o.o.
- Advised iPOS S.A. on selling PLN 18m capital to a strategic investor, OEX S.A.
- Assisted Capital Partners S.A. on its sale of 100% of the share capital in Towarzystwo Funduszy Inwestycyjnych Capital Partners S.A.
- Advised Kavalier Glass on amending and supplementing transaction documentation for an ongoing acquisition of Wołomin Glassworks from Huta Szkła Wołomin S.A.
Krassowski‘s lawyers are well-versed in M&A, advising PE funds, entrepreneurs and foreign corporates across a range of sectors. Founding partner Bartosz Krassowski, who leads the group, has a reputation for handling M&A and private equity transactions. Natalia Grzędzińska is a specialist in commercial contracts and company law. Krzysztof Makosz is another M&A expert, and he also handles contentious IP issues.
Other key lawyers:
Andrzej Chrzanowski; Natalia Grzędzińska; Krzysztof Makosz
Bielenda Kosmetyki Naturalne sp. z o. o.
Black Lion Fund S.A.
CD Projekt S.A.
Diagnostyka Sp. z o.o.
Hartenberg Capital s.r.o
Innova Capital Sp. z o. o.
LuxMed Sp. z o. o.
Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A.
Connectis sp. z o. o.
SYSTEMICS-PAB sp. z o.o.
Stowarzyszenie Producentów Produktów Zbożowych
Projekt Niko (previously Nicator) sp. z o. o. sp.k.
Citomed sp. z o. o.
- Advised Bielenda on acquisition of a skin care business from Orkla Group, and, in the same time, its owners on sale of their significant stock in Bielenda to Innova Capital
- Advised Projekt Niko on sale of its business (enterprise) to TEP Capital
- Advised Citomed’s owners on sale of their shares to Lux Med sp. z o. o.
At Norton Rose Fulbright, the team works closely with colleagues in the firm’s global office network to advise on Polish M&A, the negotiation of sale and purchase agreements, as well as shareholder agreements. The group has particularly strong connections with private equity funds operating in the local market. Agnieszka Braciszewska, who is the team leader, was promoted to partner in January 2021. Senior associate Aneta Janecka is active on M&A and real estate deals.
Other key lawyers:
Aneta Janecka; Maciej Dubiel
‘Agnieszka Braciszewska is extremely determined and focused on closing the deals smoothly.’
‘Good local network and strong support during due diligence and negotiations.’
‘High quality legal services provided cost efficiently. Availability is a key strength and stands out compared to other law firms on the Polish market.’
‘NRF are among the best law firms in Poland when it comes to renewable energy.’
Abris Capital Partners
Aegon Growth Capital
Aquila Capital Management GmbH
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego S.A.
Benefit Systems S.A.
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.
Domestic & General Group Ltd.
Egis Road Operation S.A.
Enel Green Power
Fortum Holding BV
ICAP Management Services
Industrial Division Spółka z o.o.
ING Bank N.V.
KIRCHHOFF Automotive GmbH
Lantmännen ek för
NDI Austostrada sp. z o.o.
PGE Energia Odnawialna SA
TAURON Polska Energia S.A
TFI Energia S.A.
Velvet CARE Sp. z o.o.
XL Catlin Services SE (now AXA XL)
XL Insurance Company SE
- Advised a consortium formed by domestic and international financial institutions on corporate aspects (which included running a due diligence exercise) relating to structuring and financing of senior secured facilities for a newly established joint venture of Orange Polska S.A. and an investor controlled by APG, one of the world’s largest pension investors. The total value of the financing was equal to PLN3.15bn.
- Advised Abris Capital Partners on the exit from its investment in Industrial Division Sp. z o.o.
- Advised Abris Capital Partners on acquisition of R2G Polska sp. z o.o. owner of apaczka.pl (a logistics platform operating for over 10 years on the courier market).
Penteris has strong links with clients in Scandinavia and the Baltics, advising on a variety of corporate transactions in Poland. Areas of specialism include M&A, reverse buyouts, partial takeovers, share transfers and joint ventures. Agnieszka Pytlas‘ practice covers M&A, restructurings, compliance and employment issues. She co-heads the department with Wojciech Fabrycki and company law expert Tomasz Kudelski.
Agnieszka Pytlas; Wojciech Fabrycki; Tomasz Kudelski
Other key lawyers:
Jeremiasz Kuśmierz; Irmina Kondraciuk
‘Wojciech Fabrycki has a pro-business approach and understanding.’
‘Team devoted to projects, available 7 days a week if necessary, excellent response time, very responsive, shows appreciation for commercial/business aspects of matters, pleasure to work with on a day-to-day basis.’
‘Tomasz Kudelski is smart, experienced, very efficient, great response time, cares about clients best interests, thinks outside the box.’
RIDA Development Corporation
DSM Nutritional Products
Electronic Control Systems SA
Fabryczna 17 Spp Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością Spółka Komandytowa
Plukon Sieradz Sp. z o.o.
K2 Holding SA
- Advised Huuuge on the acquisition of Traffic Puzzle from Picadilla Games, a Wrocław-based gaming studio.
- Advised IMMOFINANZ on their sale of shareholding in the company holding interest in EQUATOR I office building in Warsaw to CPI Group.
- Advising Facebook on all day-to-day corporate matters with regards its Polish operations. This includes approval of financial reports, advice regarding changes to members of the board, advice on audit reports, guidance and filing of UBO, and more.
PwC Legal Zelaznicki sp.k. is able to draw on its consultancy wings and global office network to provide a full service in relation to commercial contracts and corporate transactions, particularly in relation to tax advisory work. Managing partner Cezary Żelaźnicki jointly leads the department with Beata Kiedrowicz, who has broad experience across M&A, privatisations and reorganisations. Wojciech Trzciński is another name to note.
Cezary Żelaźnicki; Beata Kiedrowicz
Other key lawyers:
Wojciech Trzciński; Artur Gątowski
‘PwC Legal provided legal services at the highest standards. The level of legal expertise and experience of PwC Legal’s lawyers fully met our expectations and needs. Furthermore, PwC Legal’s lawyers proved to have excellent management, communication and leadership skills and displayed a practical approach to solving problem.’
‘All of them showed a top class professionalism as well as excellent management, communication and leadership skills and displayed a practical approach to solving each problem. They were always at our company’s disposal to solve and/or assist to any matter that may have risen throughout our cooperation.’
‘Trustworthy, high quality of legal advice, timely delivery, good progress tracking, clear communication, pragmatic approach, well-coordinated with other teams – tax, valuation or within legal.’
General Electric Group (GE Group)
Indorama Ventures PLC
Metalogalva – Irmaos Silvas, S.A.
Tönnies International Holding GmbH
Grupa Żywiec S.A.
- Advised Tönnies International Holding GmbH in connection with the sale of shares in Pago sp. z o.o. to Lineage Logistics.
- Advised Indorama Ventures PLC on acquisition of shares in Industrie Maurizio Peruzzo Polowat sp. z o.o.
- Advised Metalogalva – Irmaos Silvas, S.A. on distressed assets acquisition of an enterprise of EUROPOLES sp. z o.o.
Radzikowski, Szubielska i Wspólnicy sp.j.
Radzikowski, Szubielska i Wspólnicy sp.j.'s corporate and M&A practice services Polish and international corporates, with a particular focus on the manufacturing, energy and pharmaceutical industry clients. The team has experience of cross-border transactions and corporate restructurings, and is able to draw on the expertise of practitioners with tax structuring knowledge at the firm. Founding partner Włodzimierz Radzikowski jointly leads the department with Gabriel Wujek. Agnieszka Piasecka is recommended for mergers, de-mergers and transformations.
Włodzimierz Radzikowski; Gabriel Wujek
Other key lawyers:
Martyna Kamińska-Tabaka; Dariusz Michalski; Agnieszka Piasecka
‘Extremely respectful communication, great attitude and engagement. We have never felt that even simple matters are not important – we have always been served with great attention.’
‘We have a longstanding relationship with this law firm, based on trust and understanding of our needs. What we particularly value is the team’s business-oriented approach and their “can-do” attitude. We simply feel that we can always be sure that our needs will be properly addressed and the outcome more than satisfactory.’
‘We highly value Agnieszka’s knowledge and her ability to find a mutually acceptable solution while at the same time safeguarding our interests. Her availability is also very important to us.’
Zakłady Farmaceutyczne Polpharma
Polpharma Biologics Warsaw sp. z o.o.
Mondi Świecie S.A
Polchar Sp. z o.o.
Mayland Real Estate Sp. z o.o.
- Advised a Polish automobile parts manufacturer, formerly an automobile producer of historic significance in relation to the sale of approximately 62 ha of post-industrial land (approximately 741,515 square yards) in the Żerań, a northern suburb of Warsaw, situated in the Białołęka district.
SMM Legal advises clients in the public and private sectors on a broad cross-section of matters, including M&A, restructurings, private placements and corporate maintenance. Its team is led by Maciej Mataczyński, who has expertise in corporate governance issues associated with state-owned entities. Tomasz Jaranowski has experience of public takeovers and advising listed companies on market abuse and disclosure obligations.
Other key lawyers:
Tomasz Jaranowski; Magdalena Cisowska; Miłosz Malaga
‘The knowledge of the team is at the highest level, fully professional and oriented at solving the appearing issues in the best possible way legally compliant to binding legal regulations.’
PKN ORLEN S.A.
National Centre For Research and Development (Narodowe Centrum Badań i Rozwoju)
- Advising PKN Orlen S.A. on its acquisition of control of Grupa Lotos S.A. – one of the largest M&A transactions in the history of the Polish economy
- Advising PKN Orlen S.A. on acquisition of control of Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. – the biggest transaction in Poland in the energy sector in recent years.
- Advised RUCH on the distribution, storage and advertising of OTC products within entire sales network. The analysis covered various scenarios of storage and advertising in different types of stores/kiosks, suggestions for alternative scenarios and penalties for excessive advertising in this highly regulated environment.
At SSW Pragmatic Solutions, lawyers are able to assist clients with corporate transactions and the commercial aspects of their operations, with a strength in the new technology and big data services sectors, as well as real estate and manufacturing. Paweł Chyb is highly experienced in M&A and private equity transactions. Szymon Okoń, a capital markets lawyer who ‘commands a strong reputation‘, is often called upon in share deals. The team is coordinated by firm chairman Wojciech Szczepaniak.
Other key lawyers:
Paweł Chyb; Sebastian Ponikowski; Michał Badowski; Katarzyna Solarz; Szymon Okoń
‘Comprehensive solutions that are fully customised to clients’ individual business needs. Legal support provided with all stages of M&A transactions. The team is very client-focused.’
‘Szymon Okoń commands a strong reputation and has a wealth of experience in this sector. He is a professional searching for alternative ways to agree on solutions acceptable to different stakeholders.’
Dirlango Tech FIZAN
Santander Bank Polska
Credit Value Investments
Trakcja PRKiI S.A.
PePe sp. z o.o.
Movens growth equity
- Advised LERG S.A., one of Poland’s leading resin manufacturers, on the acquisition of CIECH Żywice sp. z o.o. from Ciech S.A.
- Acted as legal advisor on the sale of Immo Park to Indigo Polska.
- Acted as a legal advisor to the owners of PePe in the sale of 100% of shares in PePe sp. z o.o. to Brammer S.A. (Rubix Group).
Taylor Wessing Poland‘s team combines corporate and capital markets knowledge to act for clients in a variety of sectors, although especially in the technology industry. The scope of its work includes advice on funding and investments, M&A, share deals and regulatory issues. Olav Nemling is an expert in hi-tech and life sciences acquisitions and business establishment in Poland. Andrzej Mikosz combines transactional expertise with knowledge of corporate governance. Clients note that Jakub Pitera‘s 'devotion to the client’s case is clearly visible'.
Olav Nemling; Andrzej Mikosz
Other key lawyers:
Jakub Pitera; Katarzyna Matusiak; Patrycja Sojka
‘The team meets its commitments to clients, both in offering the needed support in volume, as well as doing such in time.’
‘Great knowledge of the Polish legal system, great support, tuned to specific case sensitivities.’
‘Taylor Wessing’s M&A/capital markets team is highly experienced in working on complex M&A and corporate matters, including cross border transactions and foreign clients. Their experience in capital markets and regulatory matters is well known. They are skilled, pragmatic and solution-oriented.’
‘Jakub Pitera is knowledgeable and experienced. He combines out-of-the-box thinking and capability of finding non-standard solutions with attention to detail. He has proactive approach and is highly responsive. His devotion to the client’s case is clearly visible.’
Emmes Company, LLC
Technische Akademie Wuppertal E.V.
MLP Group S.A.
ING Bank Śląski S.A.
- Advised Bloomreach on the Polish aspects of its acquisition of Exponea.
- Advised Emmes Company on Polish legal aspects of acquisition of Neox s.r.o., a European-based CRO headquartered in Czech Republic.
- Advised MLP Group on the public offering of series E and D stocks with the total value of approximately €51m and the admission of stocks to trading on the main market of the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Also advised on the public offering of bonds (series C1) and their introduction to trading on the alternative Catalyst market.
act BSWW legal & tax advises domestic and foreign corporates and investment companies on their corporate and commercial activities in Poland. The team assists clients with reorganisations, demergers and joint ventures, as well as handling commercial agreements, registration procedures and licensing. Jacek Bieniak's practice spans corporate law and public procurement. He co-heads the group with Piotr Wojnar and Marek Wojnar. Marta Kosiedowska is an up-and-coming lawyer of note.
Jacek Bieniak; Piotr Wojnar; Marek Wojnar
Other key lawyers:
Marta Kosiedowska; Janusz Szeliński
‘Highly qualified and competent lawyers. Always attainable and fast working. Never had an invoice where I felt that this was to expensive for the services granted.’
‘Marta Kosiedowska is a stand out professional not only at BSWW but also compared to any competitors.’
Comp Platforma Usług
Foto Volt Eko
Gaudi Gothic Advisory
Polski System Korzyści
Supernova Polska Limited
- Advising Air France-KLM on its day-to-day operations in Poland. The firm’s services include representing the air carrier in a wide range of court and administrative proceedings.
- Advised Polot Media on a joint venture with Polsat – one of Poland’s leading DTH and DTT platforms.
- Advised Comp on the fourth, final next stage of the sale of 100% shares in PayTel, a Polish payment institution, to a Portuguese company, Sibs-SGPS.
Bakowski Law Firm focuses on corporate and commercial work, advising on M&A and direct investment transactions, as well as assisting Polish start-ups with their operations. It is also able to assist clients with ancillary regulatory, trade, tax and real estate law issues. Also notable is that lawyers have experience in the TMT and new technologies sectors. Jointly leading the practice are founding partner Igor Bakowski and senior associate Aldona Hapyn.
Aldona Hapyn; Igor Bąkowski
‘Very good service. Fast and accurate.’
‘Always answers quickly.’
‘I was impressed with their responsiveness and attention to detail.’
‘Mr. Bakowski was very helpful and clear in his understanding of the issues. He was also very respectful.’
EDC Holdings Ltd
Slovenské elektrárne a.s.
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP)
Belgacom International Carrier Services (BICS)
CK Source Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.
Przyjaciele Kawy Sp. z o.o.
HOLISTIC PHYSIO Sp. z o.o.
Bomm Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.
BYWATER PROPERTIES SP. Z O.O.
Mozaic Group of Poland LLC
TNK Poland Sp. z o.o.
TRT – Trade Sp. z o.o.
UAB BOD GROUP
Kosmetyka Naturalna Sp. z o.o.
RMI Sp. z o.o.
- Advised Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP) on the programme “Legal support for start-ups”, where the law firm provided comprehensive legal advice and support to numerous growing start-up companies, particularly active in new technologies and IT.
- Advised PIT-RADWAR S.A. a leading developer and producer of telecommunications equipment and innovative solutions for the Polish Military restructuring of its portfolio companies, corporate, commercial and regulatory matters.
- Advised SPDC Holding in corporate, commercial and regulatory matters.
Chabasiewicz, Kowalska I Partnerzy Radcowie Prawni
Chabasiewicz, Kowalska I Partnerzy Radcowie Prawni is most known for its expertise in the new technologies sector, with experience advising start-ups and more established businesses on transactional issues, as well as commercial matters, including in relation to intellectual property. Key figures include Agata Kowalska, an M&A specialist, with experience in venture capital and private equity deals; and Magdalena Golonka, who focuses on corporate services. Founding partner Wojciech Chabasiewicz contributes capital market expertise.
Magdalena Golonka; Antoni Liśkiewicz; Agata Kowalska
Other key lawyers:
Wojciech Chabasiewicz; Ewa Kamińska; Anita Gwóźdź
‘Openminded people. No ego people as simple as that. They will share with you complicated law implications knowledge in simple way. CK Legal team has demystify legal complexity for me, whereas other lawyers were trying to present legal implications in as complicated as possible way. Active listeners with experience in inter culture business communication‘
‘Agata Kowalska understands and feels the market of new technologies very well. With her commitment and passion for negotiating and making decisions also based on business sense, her assistance is a real support for the development of any business.’
‘Agata Kowalska is an extremely dynamic process, carried out in a very transparent relationship, with Agata actively listening and with great courage to undertake non-standard solutions. She works very well under tight deadlines, dealing with changing situations and difficult circumstances. In Attorney Kowalska we value commitment, business sense, flexibility and expertise.’
‘First-class professionals! I would highly recommend Agata Kowalska and her team for any investment-related issues. They are very experienced but also have a genuine approach to client care and attention that I just don’t see every day.’
‘Their knowledge and ability to negotiate an investment agreement were outstanding. Amazing professionals throughout the whole due diligence and investment process and ultimately got us a deal that I was more than satisfied with.‘
Summa Linguae Technologies
Agencja Reklamy Wenecja
- Advised Summa Linguae Technologies on a number of transactions including the acquisition of a 100% stake in GlobalMe Localization, Inc. and GlobalVision International, Inc, Canadian and US based language services providers
- Advised the shareholders of Shelfwise on the acquisition of the company by a US-based data collection and business process optimisation business.
- Advised Izoblok on its acquisition by investors.
FKA Furtek Komosa Aleksandrowicz
FKA Furtek Komosa Aleksandrowicz's team is particularly well-placed to advise German and Finnish clients on their transactions and operations in Poland, as well as assisting local corporates. Department head Tadeusz Komosa also leads the real estate practice and has handled numerous deals in the sector. The transactional lawyers work closely with other departments within the firm, with Jolanta Zarzecka-Sawicka providing employment law advice.
Other key lawyers:
Jolanta Zarzecka-Sawicka; Patrycja Kurowska
‘Have provided local counselling in an M&A project and have done it well.’
iSpot Poland Sp. z o.o.
Van Group S.A.
- Advising Wallstein Rothemühle on various corporate matters and commercial agreements related to its activity in Poland (equipment and machinery for the energy, oil and gas plants).
- Advising Ferratum Group on day-to-day corporate issues.
JDP Drapala & Partners acts as a one-stop-shop to clients, with its team advising on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and commercial contracts, among other matters. Maciej Chrzan‘s practice is predominantly real estate-driven, but he also provides supports M&A deals. Chrzan and practice head Marcin Chomiuk are both noted for their English and German language capabilities.
Other key lawyers:
Maciej Chrzan; Magdalena Zasiewska; Adrian Andrychowski
‘Our firm followed Adrian Andrychowski from another firm to JDP and have found his work with our firm consistent and technically reliable with positive results and sound advice. JDP also offered to our firm a depth and breath of expertise from HR contracts to litigation assistance in addition to introducing us to firms outside of Poland, collaborating with foreign firms with relevant information and solid guidance.’
‘JDP understands foreign firms that enter the Polish market and is able to ‘bridge the gap’ with not only the language but also a different approach.’
‘I have worked with Adrian Andrychowski on a number of different corporate and commercial matters involving cross-border legal issues. I have chosen to work with JDP because it is a reputable Polish business law firm and provides good value for money advice.’
‘I work on my matters with Adrian and he is a very capable commercial lawyer, who is able to advise in complex commercial issues. I have also worked together with Magdalena Zasiewska, who is a qualified tax adviser, having particular experience in customs and VAT issues in a cross-border setting. She is able to advise in the most difficult matters under pressure from the client for a fast answer.’
‘High quality delivery in reasonable time, very cost efficient.’
‘Marcin Chomiuk as German-speaking lawyer makes communication easy with German clients.’
‘This team worked extremely hard. What really struck out to me was how supportive and collaborative they were, especially during the depths of COVID. The client was very demanding and constantly changed its mind, and JDP was always willing to accommodate us.’
‘Team was excellent. I routinely work with firms around the globe and I can say JDP is among the best. Both in terms of affordability for quality of work and just good client care. In particular, Marcin Chomiuk was attentive to our needs and was able to accommodate our cost concerns (client was price sensitive as we were in the midst of the worst of COVID).‘
Mosolf SE & Co. KG
Scope Fluidics S.A.
Fluid Ice Family Office Ltd.
The Greenpack Group
4PL Central Station AG
- Advised Mosolf SE on its €20m cross-border joint venture with CAT Group.
- Advised Scope Fluidics on establishing a new phantom share loyalty program for the employees and contractors of a company who significantly contributed to its PCR|ONE and Bacteromic projects
- Advised Fluid Ice Family Office on establishing a corporate structure and financing for ReOil sp. z o.o. the pioneer tire recycling plant that devised and implemented continuous pyrolysis technology to fully recycle used car tires without any waste by-products.
Prof. Marek Wierzbowski and Partners Advocates and Legal Counsel handles day-to-day corporate and commercial matters for a multitude of clients, as well as assisting with M&A, share transactions and corporate reorganisations. Founding partner Marek Wierzbowski leads the team, which includes Sławomir Jakszuk.
Other key lawyers:
Sławomir Jakszuk; Anna Jaskułowska
‘The lawyers provide services at the highest level, and very efficiently. I would also like to point out that our company was regularly informed about the status of the pending case. The lawyers are very “fast-working” and carry out all the tasks assigned to them before the pointed deadlines.’
‘In my opinion, the fees charged by the firm represent good value for money. The billing process is always very good organized and transparent. The quality of services offered by Wierzbowski & Partners is worth their price (the price is optimal).’
‘In my opinion Sławomir Jakszuk has deep knowledge and great experience of M&A transactions. He is well-organized and open to the ideas of clients. He is also the one who is looking for a solution which satisfies the client the most. Moreover he is more than effective.’
‘Anna Jaskułowska also has deep knowledge and great experience of M&A transactions. She is well-organized, effective and detailed in her actions.’
- Advised MaxiPizza S.A. on the process of increase of share capital, preparations of the regulations of the company’s bodies, and the organization and fulfilment of duties related to the general meeting of shareholders, including preparation of all necessary documents and chairing the general meeting.
- Providing general corporate advisory to STALEXPORT AUTOSTRADY including preparation of corporate documents as well as ongoing consultancy in corporate matters. Advising the company on its information duties as well as prepare draft reports on current and periodical information.
- Providing general corporate advisory to Grupa LOTOS including preparations of corporate documents, as well as ongoing consultancy in corporate matters. Supported the company in the process of creating internal procedures defined by law (for example the remuneration policy) and on information duties.
NGL Legal‘s corporate and M&A practice consists of private and public M&A, share transactions and equity investments, as well as a variety of restructurings and distressed transactions. Following the departure of Grzegorz Godlewski to WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr in July 2021, the team was taken over by Tomasz Ciećwierz, who is an expert in M&A and private equity.
Alior Bank S.A.
Crispy Food A/S
FixMap sp. z o.o.
KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.
PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A.
PKP Cargo S.A.
Tauron Polska Energia S.A.
Yokaba sp. z o.o.
Guss-Ex sp. z o.o.
- Advised ATM S.A., as a target company, in the process of the sale of all of its shares by MCI.EuroVentures and Mezzanine Management to Global Compute Infrastructure LP, a platform supported by Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
- Advised Egeria Group on the acquisition of Klafs Group, a leading global producer of high-end sauna, spa, and bath solutions.
- Advised all the sellers on the vendor due diligence and disposal of 100% shares of PGE EJ 1 sp. z o.o., a special purpose vehicle responsible for preparing the investment process and construction of Poland’s first, 3000 MWe nuclear power plant to the Polish State Treasury.
PATH augments its private client work with a strong corporate practice under the leadership of ‘trustworthy, professional and reliable‘ Dominika Mizielińska, who is a seasoned corporate lawyer. The team has significant experience of advising on cross-border and domestic M&A and restructurings, in addition to advising high-net-worth individuals on their business interests.
‘The team works with both corporate and private clients. High quality of work. Business-oriented approach. Very responsive.’
‘Dominika Mizielinska is trustworthy, professional and reliable. She has huge theoretical and practical knowledge. She has impeccable manners and very good communication skills. She remains my favourite corporate lawyer to work with.’
‘PATH team has strong experience of working with domestic and international clients, including private clients, on complex tax and corporate matters. They are trustworthy, very devoted to their clients, pragmatic, solution-oriented and efficient.’
‘Dominika Mizielińska is highly qualified adviser with many years of experience in notable US law firms. She combines excellent attention to detail with professional and personalized service. She is very approachable, reactive, and efficient. She is always responsive and easy to work with. She is exceptional lawyer.’
‘Dominika Mizielińska is super efficient in her work, able to explain complex structure to companies managers focusing on their specific (e.g. finance). Calm, responsive, doing the business with the clients like it was her own business and not only the client’s issue or problem.‘
RKKW – Kwasnicki, Wrobel & Partners
RKKW – Kwasnicki, Wrobel & Partners is known for advising Polish and international clients on share transactions and it also has an active corporate M&A practice. The group also assists private investors and funds with their deals. The team is jointly led by founding partners Radosław Kwaśnicki, Krzysztof Wróbel and Jaroslaw Szewczyk.
Radosław Kwaśnicki; Krzysztof Wróbel; Jarosław Szewczyk
Other key lawyers:
Shareholders of IMPERA CAPITAL ASI
IPOPEMA 72 Fundusz Inwestycyjny Zamknięty Aktywów Niepublicznych
Przedsiębiorstwo Produkcyjno-Usługowe ZAP-Mechanika
- Advised shareholders of Impera Capital ASI on the sale of their shares.
- Advised IPOPEMA 72 Fundusz Inwestycyjny Zamknięty Aktywów Niepublicznychon the implementation of a joint venture relating to various properties.
- Advising DRUTEX on shareholder matters.