Mr Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente
Litigation, Consumer Affairs , Automotive, Agribusiness, Arbtration
Luiz assists clients with compliance issues and litigation relating to consumer law. His experience includes the filing of actions, preparation of defenses and appeals, and representing clients in proceedings before the Departments of Consumer Protection, Ministry of Public Prosecution, Special Civil Courts, and Common Justice.
English and French.
- Board member of AASP (São Paulo Lawyers Association).
- Councilor of the Legal Committee of CCFB (France-Brazil Chamber of Commerce).
- Studied at the Academy of American and International Law within the Center for American and International Law, USA, 2008.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 1988.
Strategic litigation is at the core of TozziniFreire Advogados’ dispute resolution team, which excels in civil and commercial disputes. The practice has a strong presence in the automotive industry, and has also recently witnessed a growth in mandates related to the technology industry. Other areas of activity for the department include electoral disputes. Fernando Eduardo Serec, whose track record covers complex financial, real estate and administrative litigation, and Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente, who is noted for consumer claims, jointly lead the team. Lucas Britto Mejias is active in construction, corporate and commercial disputes. Since publication, team expanded further with the hire of Elias Marques de Medeiros Neto from logistics company Rumo in February 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media