Mr Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente
Litigation, Consumer Affairs , Automotive, Agribusiness, Arbtration
Luiz assists clients with compliance issues and litigation relating to consumer law. His experience includes the filing of actions, preparation of defenses and appeals, and representing clients in proceedings before the Departments of Consumer Protection, Ministry of Public Prosecution, Special Civil Courts, and Common Justice.
English and French.
- Board member of AASP (São Paulo Lawyers Association).
- Councilor of the Legal Committee of CCFB (France-Brazil Chamber of Commerce).
- Studied at the Academy of American and International Law within the Center for American and International Law, USA, 2008.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 1988.
Standing out for its strong capabilities across all types of litigation, TozziniFreire Advogados ‘provides an excellent service in civil litigation‘ and has a strong track record in bet-the-company cases. The team, which acts at all judicial levels, is particularly noted for its strength in commercial disputes, and litigation involving the automotive and technology industries. Its sectoral coverage is not restricted to these segments, as the team is also regularly engaged by leading domestic and international clients operating in the construction, financial services, chemicals and pulp and paper industries. The nationwide practice is further bolstered by the firm’s strong presence in Porto Alegre. Singled out for his track record in construction-related cases, Fernando Eduardo Serec jointly manages the team with Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente, the latter of whom is counsel of choice for major telecoms companies in a host of commercial litigation matters. Disputes arising from M&A, distribution and agency agreements are among Mônica Mendonça Costa‘s legal specialisms. Elias Marques de Medeiros Neto, who possesses a strong background in strategic litigation and alternative dispute resolution as in-house counsel, joined from Cosan in February 2021.
TozziniFreire Advogados is routinely retained by domestic and foreign clients, particularly from the US, operating or looking to enter the Brazilian telecoms market. The practice is spearheaded by Marcela Waksman Ejnisman, who is an expert in regulatory and commercial matters pertaining to the telecoms and tech sectors, and often advises on transactions and commercial agreements. Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente is the go-to lawyer for consumer law issues. Senior associate Mariana Del Nero Cornibert Da Barrosa is adept in corporate and partnership agreements within the sector.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Tax > Customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- International trade
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Life sciences
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Media
- TMT: Telecoms
- Intellectual property
- White-collar crime and investigations