Ms Mônica Mendonça Costa > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Mônica Mendonça Costa
Arbitration, Litigation, Mediation
Mônica has more than fifteen years of practice at TozziniFreire in the Litigation and Arbitration practice groups. She counsels on civil court cases deriving from bidding procedures, contracts with public entities and investigations in alliance with the teams of the Administrative Law, and Compliance & Investigations practice groups. She has extensive experience in arbitration proceedings administrated by domestic and international institutions and has had ample practice in commercial mediation, both ad hoc and institutional, representing clients during all phases of the proceedings. Her practice comprises disputes related to corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, distribution and sales representation contracts, real estate and timberland investments.
- Member of CBAr (Brazilian Arbitration Committee).
- Vice-chair of the Brazilian Advisory Board – CPR (International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution).
- Mediator for CAMARB (Brazilian Chamber of Commercial Arbitration).
- Mediator for CBMA (Brazilian Center of Mediation and Arbitration).
- Member of AASP (São Paulo Lawyers Association).
- Studied at the Trial Academy organized by IADC (International Association of Defense Counsel), Stanford University, USA, 2013.
- Specialized degree in Business Management from Business School São Paulo, 2009.
- Master’s degree in Civil Procedural Law from USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 2008.
- Graduate of the Law School of USP, 2001.
- Graduate in International Relations from the Faculty of Social Sciences of PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 1998.
High-value commercial disputes are at the core of the litigation practice at TozziniFreire Advogados, which represents clients from several industries, including infrastructure, banking and technology. The team, which is also noted for its knowledge of the automotive sector, excels in contractual and technology-related disputes. Fernando Eduardo Serec has considerable experience in contentious matters involving financial contracts and administrative law. He jointly leads the practice with Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente, who is highly regarded for consumer litigation. Mônica Mendonça Costa is a highly regarded practitioner for contentious matters arising from M&A and real estate transactions. Other noteworthy practitioners include Antonio Marzagão Barbuto Neto. Since publication, Julio Neves left the firm, in March 2022.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- International trade
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Life sciences
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Media
- TMT: Telecoms
- Intellectual property