Mr Fernando Eduardo Serec > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Fernando Eduardo Serec
Litigation, Arbitration, Mediation, Technology & Innovation
Partner and firm’s CEO
TozziniFreire’s CEO and head of the Litigation and Arbitration practice groups, Fernando has broad experience in litigation and international arbitrations involving real estate matters, complex financial contracts, and a wide range of administrative law issues. He has worked on international arbitrations in Brazil, USA, and Europe at major international and local arbitration institutions involving mergers and acquisitions, joint venture agreements, financial and banking disputes, infrastructure projects, insurance coverage, construction contracts, distribution agreements, and intellectual property issues, among other areas.
- President of the AMCHAM Arbitration and Meditation Centre’s Advisory Council.
- Member of the Advisory Council of the Brazil Corporate Arbitration Chamber (CAMARB – Câmara de Arbitragem Empresarial Brasil).
- Member of the Advisory Board of ITA (Institute for Transnational Arbitration).
- Member of CBAr (Brazilian Arbitration Committee).
- Member of IADC (International Association of Defense Counsel).
- Studied at the Academy of American and International Law, organized by the Center for American and International Law, USA, 1993.
- Master’s degree in Civil Law from the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 1992.
- Graduate of the Law School of Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, 1985.
TozziniFreire Advogados‘ diverse client base includes companies operating in a range of sectors, including construction, automotive, food, energy, transport, agribusiness and life sciences. Domestic and international arbitration proceedings are among the typical mandates for the team, which is skilled at assisting with cases involving M&A-related issues, distribution agreements, construction projects, joint ventures and and shareholder disputes. Practice head Fernando Eduardo Serec has notable experience in international arbitration. Recently promoted partner Guilherme Carneiro Monteiro Nitschke, Lucas Britto Mejias and senior associate Pedro Bento de Faria are other key practitioners.
Strategic litigation is at the core of TozziniFreire Advogados’ dispute resolution team, which excels in civil and commercial disputes. The practice has a strong presence in the automotive industry, and has also recently witnessed a growth in mandates related to the technology industry. Other areas of activity for the department include electoral disputes. Fernando Eduardo Serec, whose track record covers complex financial, real estate and administrative litigation, and Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente, who is noted for consumer claims, jointly lead the team. Lucas Britto Mejias is active in construction, corporate and commercial disputes. Since publication, team expanded further with the hire of Elias Marques de Medeiros Neto from logistics company Rumo in February 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media