David Harries > Aaron & Partners LLP > Chester, England > Lawyer Profile
Aaron & Partners LLP Offices
5-7 GROSVENOR COURT
- Go to...
Planning, Environmental, Energy and Regulatory Law
Partner, Head of the Planning, Environmental, Energy and Regulatory Team
David has substantial technical knowledge, experience and expertise in managing complex and critical problems, and he seeks to ensure that all projects dealt with by the team are effectively coordinated and properly resourced.
With this commercial litigation background, David is a passionate believer in the need to achieve a commercial solution, and of the role of effective project management in the delivery of legal services. He has lectured in dispute management, emergency remedies and alternative dispute resolution.
He was an early adopter of the process of mediation, in which he has extensive experience and is a CEDR accredited mediator. His technical understanding, industry knowledge and commercial focus can be a significant asset in mediations involving, for example, engineering and energy related issues.
After qualifying at a major London firm, David specialised in commercial litigation, gaining experience in a range of substantial disputes, often involving household names, David is also a CEDR accredited mediator.
Aaron & Partners LLP‘s planning and environment team is ‘approachable and provides solutions‘. Its practice is led by David Harries, who has a strong track record in energy projects. Richard Forrester advises clients on waste-related planning matters, environmental regulations and compulsory purchase law. Recently promoted partner Keith McKinney, who is ‘meticulous in his preparation’, has expertise in renewable energy development. David Delaney is also recommended.
Led by Simon Ellis, Aaron & Partners LLP specialises in acting for partners and shareholders in farming and other agriculture-related businesses in partnership and shareholder disputes, as well as handling succession planning issues, basic payment scheme entitlements, agri-environment agreements, and sales and purchases of land and farms. The team also has a track record in agreements for the development of land for mineral exploitation, waste management, and renewable energy projects. Other names to note are David Harries and Shrewsbury-based associate Ben Brassington.
- Agriculture and estates - North West > Private client
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Leading individuals - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Planning and environment - North West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery