Nick Clarke > Aaron & Partners LLP > Chester, England > Lawyer Profile
Aaron & Partners LLP Offices
5-7 GROSVENOR COURT
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution & Insolvency Law
Senior Partner & Head of Dispute Resolution & Insolvency
Nick deals with a variety of commercial disputes including shareholder disputes, partnership disputes and disputes in the logistics sector. Through the firm’s close connection to the UK Warehousing Association, Nick has considerable experience of resolving disputes involving liens and situations where customers of warehouse keepers have become insolvent. In addition, he has handled numerous professional negligence claims including against accountants, solicitors, architects and financial advisers.
In terms of insolvency, Nick acts for insolvency practitioners, directors of insolvent companies and individuals and companies with financial difficulties. He advises on claims to recoup assets in bankruptcies and corporate insolvencies (acting for both insolvency practitioners pursuing such claims and individuals resisting them, though not at the same time.) and on the procedures available to assist companies and individuals with financial problems, particularly IVAs and CVAs.
Nick read Jurisprudence (Law) at Wadham College, Oxford.
Clients praise Aaron & Partners LLP for its ‘ability to handle any litigation matter without research time’. Among the team’s core fields of expertise are disputes relating to shareholder issues, corporate transactions, partnerships and restrictive covenants; it also handles contractual disputes, particularly those pertaining to the IT and logistics sectors. Nick Clarke heads the team, which includes John Devoy, hailed for his ‘superb attention to detail’ and David Mann who has a track record of handling cross-border disputes.
Aaron & Partners LLP act as advisers to the boards of directors of companies facing financial distress, utilising its bench of experienced practitioners. Nick Clarke and Mark Davies jointly lead the team. The duo have notable contentious and non-contentious expertise in insolvency and restructuring matters; Davies particularly acts on personal insolvency issues for a national client base.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West - North West > Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - North West > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery