Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP | View firm profile
Vitaly Mozharowski, Real Estate and Construction Partner at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner Russia (formerly Goltsblat BLP in Russia), has been named first among the top legal advisers in CRE-100, which ranks the most influential people on the commercial real estate market.
CRE-100, produced annually by the editorial team of the Commercial Real Estate magazine, a top national property market publication, is a truly coveted annual industry league table in Russia. It takes stock of a firm’s overall performance, professional wins by its lawyers and their personal contribution to shaping the market over the previous year, then picks out the 100 most eminent persons on the commercial real estate market.
Vitaly Mozharowski has led the firm’s Real Estate and Construction Practice, one of the biggest and most successful teams on the market, for over two decades. During this time, the Practice has won broad recognition within the professional community, as well as an outstanding reputation as one of the most sought after legal teams in Russia.
Spearheaded by Vitaly, the Practice successfully handles the most challenging and large-scale mandates while advancing new work streams.
Over the last year, the Practice has continued advising the following clients:
Tinkoff Group: on the biggest office lease ever in Russian commercial real estate history, the office is to be Tinkoff’s headquarters, including all key departments of the Group.
Orientir: on a major deal on the logistics real estate market involving sale of Sever-1 Logopark, a modern A+ warehouse complex.
Novaya Riga Outlet Village: on tenants “moving into” a unique, European type, designer outlet village in a prestigious Moscow Region district.
Accent Capital Partners: on acquisition of Sokolniki shopping mall, a major deal on the retail real estate market in 2020.
Gorky Film Studio: on disposal of non-core assets for their development as residential real estate, as well as for construction of new stages and manufacturing process facilities in Moscow.
Valischevo Warehousing Complex: a comprehensive due diligence related to acquisition of PNK Valischevo Park.
Podari Zhizn Charity: on the high-profile restoration and reconstruction of Izmalkovo Historical Estate into an out-patient care home for children with oncohaematological deceases.
Invest AG: on legal and tax structuring of a project, as well as drafting of the transaction documents for setting up a JV with PIK Group for complex development of a territory in the Ochakovo-Matveyevskoye District.
Full legal support for a unique infrastructure project to construct a 1 km crossborder cableway across the Amur River between Russia and China. Construction of the cableway and terminal was launched in Blagoveschensk in late 2020.
ESN Group: on construction of the Amur Region methanol plant producing 1 m tonnes a year, including legal assistance with the documents for concluding a 20-year Investment Protection and Promotion Agreement with the Russian Ministry for Economic Development.
Team Awards over the last year:
- Our Real Estate and Construction Practice has been at the top of the Russian legal market for 11 years running, ranked in Band 1 by Chambers Europe 2011 – 2021 and in Tier 1 by The Legal 500 2011-2021.
- For several years, the Practice has been listed in Band 1 for Real Estate and Construction by Pravo.ru-300, Russia’s top national legal rating.
- Seven lawyers of the Practice have been named among the best lawyers in Russia by Best Lawyers 2022 Edition.
- The Practice has been top-listed in real estate in Moscow and in land use and zoning in Moscow and Russia (by number of recommended lawyers) by Best Lawyers 2021.
2020-2021 also saw Vitaly Mozharowski:
- recognised as an Eminent Practitioner by Chambers Europe 2020,
- named Construction Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers 2021 and
- ranked as a Leading Individual by The Legal 500 2021.
- He was also recommended in the Pravo.ru-300 (2020) individual rankings based on lawyers’ personal achievements, contributions and successes on legal projects that had been brought to fruition during the previous year. Vitaly was highlighted in: Commercial Real Estate/ Construction; PPP/ Infrastructure Projects.