International law firm Taylor Wessing advises the Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas on drafting and negotiation of the project contracts for the offshore wind farm “Baltic Power”. The project contracts include the turbine supply agreement (TSA) and the service and maintenance agreement (SMA), as well as further documentation relevant for the financing of the project.

Vestas had already been appointed as Preferred Supplier for the project in September 2022. Baltic Power is the most advanced offshore wind project in the Polish part of the Baltic Sea. Vestas will supply and install 15 MW turbines of the type “V236-15.0 MW” with a rotor diameter of 236 meters (rotor blade length: 115.5 meters). Vestas will also provide their maintenance and servicing for a period of 15 years.

The “Baltic Power” offshore wind farm will be built about 23 kilometers north of the Polish Baltic Sea coast near the towns of Choczewo and Łeba and will after its completion in 2026 have an installed capacity of 1.14 GW. This capacity is equivalent to the demand of more than 1.5 million Polish households. Baltic Power is a joint venture between Poland’s ORLEN Group and Canadian Northland Power. Northland Power holds a 49% stake in the project, with ORLEN retaining the remaining 51%.

Dr. Janina Pochhammer and Henning von der Blumensaat acted as lead advisors to Vestas. Within Taylor Wessing’s Practice Group Projects, Energy & Infrastructure, both focus on large infrastructure projects – especially in the field of renewable energies.

Legal Advisors Vestas

Inhouse Vestas: Manuel Ryan

Taylor Wessing: Dr Janina Pochhammer (Partner and head of Practice Group Projects, Energy & Infrastructure), Henning von der Blumensaat, LL.M. (Salary Partner, Projects, Energy & Infrastructure), Dr Niels Lange, LL.M. (Associate, Projects, Energy & Infrastructure Projects), Hauke Bornschein (Partner, Finance), all Hamburg.

Taylor Wessing advises Vestas on Project Agreements for Offshore Wind Project “Baltic Power”


More from Taylor Wessing LLP