Schoenherr (Schönherr Rechtsanwälte) | View firm profile
Schoenherr won the “CEE Wide Law Firm of the Year” award at this year’s Chambers Europe Awards Gala hosted by the renowned legal publisher Chambers and Partners.
Every year Chambers and Partners hosts the Chambers Europe Awards, recognising top law firms across the region and reflecting achievements from the past year including outstanding work, impressive strategic growth, and excellence in client service. On 22 April Michael Lagler, Schoenherr managing partner, accepted the award on the firm’s behalf in Madrid.
“We are very pleased to receive this recognition, underlining our strong CEE footprint,” said Michael Lagler. “This award confirms what we experience every day in our offices across the region: teams working together cross-border on an extraordinary level, and continuously going further for our clients.”
In 2021 Schoenherr advised on numerous significant deals covering several legal areas, as well as jurisdictions. Headline deals include Schoenherr advising:
- Starwood Capital on the public takeover offer for CA Immo;
- Herba Chemosan board on its management buy-out, in particular on the finance aspects of the transaction;
- Sanofi, a global leader in healthcare, on the acquisition of 100 % of the shares in Origimm Biotechnology GmbH;
- UNIQA on its successful issue of new EUR 375m green tier 2 notes and notes repurchase;
- Bitpanda on Austria’s largest scale-up financing round, and on the expansion of its product portfolio to include exchange traded cryptocurrencies;
- Nofar Energy on the acquisition of a 153 MW photovoltaic park under development in Romania;
- HE Dabar on its EUR 190m loan facility granted by the Export-Import Bank of China for the development of the 160-megawatt Dabar hydropower plant;
- Enery on the acquisition and refinancing of the biggest solar park in Bulgaria; and
Vitruvian Partners on the acquisition of Fotona from AGIC Capital.