Blumenthal Richter & Sumet Ltd. | View firm profile
Partner Anuwat Ngamprasertkul, Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution as well as Co-Head of Tech-Media-Telecoms (TMT) at Blumenthal Richter & Sumet, presented at the “Making an Ultimate Goal of Data Management (MUM3): Practical Techniques for Complying with the Data Protection Law”, a full two-day seminar on personal data protection law organized by the National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA), on 17-18 March 2022.
Anuwat presented on techniques for solving practical problems that arise during the implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (PDPA) for different entities in both the private and public sector based on his experience, covering:
- Approaches to PDPA compliance for the private and public sector
- Case studies and impact on the data controller
- PDPA procedure, timeline and tools for implementation of the PDPA before full enforcement on 1 June 2022
- Minimum standard and checklist of requirements under the PDPA
- Key note takeaway for each participant to develop compliance inside their organization
Also, Anuwat answered questions from the participants about the PDPA in relation to their current situation, including:
- Facial recognition technology systems
- COVID-19 temperature checks
- ID card copies
The event was held at NIDA university.