Magnalex Abogados | View firm profile
Costa Rican legal entities must file the 2021 Transparency and Final Beneficiaries Registry declaration before April 30th, 2021.
What is the Transparency and Final Beneficiaries Registry?
The Transparency and Final Beneficiaries Registry allows to identify the final beneficiaries of all Costa Rican legal entities, according to the legal nature of each entity. To comply with this obligation, an annual declaration must be filed.
Which companies must file the declaration?
- Corporations (Sociedad Anónima)
- Limited Liability Companies (Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada)
- Partnerships (Sociedad en Nombre Colectivo)
- Limited Partnerships (Sociedades en Comandita)
- Foreign companies with Costa Rican corporate identification number (Sociedades Extranjeras con cédula jurídica nacional)
- Individual Limited Liability Companies (Empresas Individuales de Responsabilidad Limitada)
- Civil Partnerships and Professional Corporations (Sociedades Civiles y Sociedades Profesionales)
What information should be filed?
The declaration should include the composition, distribution and ownership of the capital stock, as well as the identification of the natural persons that are final beneficiaries by direct and indirect participation, and those who exercise a substantive influence, that is, by other means of control.
Is my company compliant with the Transparency and Final Beneficiaries Registry
A public consultation to verify the compliance of said legal entities can be done by entering the corporate identification number in the following link:
If you would like advice on this subject please contact Magnalex Abogados, Víctor José Mora, firstname.lastname@example.org. We are ready to help you comply.