Mr Simon Willis > Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Simon Willis
Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Simon focuses on commercial disputes, often involving financial and professional services institutions, contentious regulatory work and professional negligence.
Simon has wide experience of acting for major financial institutions, companies and professional firms in complex litigation, investigations and proceedings by domestic and overseas regulators, professional disciplinary proceedings, ad hoc governmental inquiries and internal investigations. In particular he has acted for those subject to investigations by a wide range of regulatory bodies including the Financial Reporting Council, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Prudential Regulation Authority, the Serious Fraud Office, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and others. He has considerable experience of advising clients on risk management and reputational risk arising from contentious matters.
College of Law of England and Wales, Chester, L.P.C.
University of Birmingham, LL.B.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP ‘has the resources to conduct heavy litigation effectively‘. The London disputes group routinely acts in high-stakes matters involving the finance, technology and innovation, and energy and infrastructure sectors. London practice leader Simon Willis is a commercial disputes specialist, who is ‘exceptionally good at managing cases and advising on strategy‘; and Mark Beeley predominantly focuses on international arbitration, yet also maintains a significant cross-border disputes practice in the English courts. The next line of key practitioners includes commercial litigation partners Amanda Voss, Adam Rizzo and recently-promoted Sarah Stockley, as well as experienced senior associate Marcus Holmstroem.
- Hall of Fame London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Lower Mid-Market Deals, £100m-£750m
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Employers