Marcus Holmstroem > Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Marcus Holmstroem, a Senior Associate in the London office, is a member of the Complex Litigation and Dispute Resolution group, where he focuses on domestic and international arbitration, and commercial litigation.
He acts for companies and institutions from a broad range of industries and sectors, and has particular experience representing clients within financial services industry and the telecom sector.
Before joining Orrick, Marcus trained with the international arbitration group of a magic circle firm based in Paris and with the arbitration group of a leading law firm in Stockholm. Marcus was a graduate analyst at a global investment bank in London prior to pursuing a career in practice.
Young Arbitrators Stockholm (YAS), Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
University College London, LL.M. – Master of Laws, International Business Law, 2007, Merit
University of Warwick, LL.B., 2005, Upper Second Class with Honours
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP ‘has the resources to conduct heavy litigation effectively‘. The London disputes group routinely acts in high-stakes matters involving the finance, technology and innovation, and energy and infrastructure sectors. London practice leader Simon Willis is a commercial disputes specialist, who is ‘exceptionally good at managing cases and advising on strategy‘; and Mark Beeley predominantly focuses on international arbitration, yet also maintains a significant cross-border disputes practice in the English courts. The next line of key practitioners includes commercial litigation partners Amanda Voss, Adam Rizzo and recently-promoted Sarah Stockley, as well as experienced senior associate Marcus Holmstroem.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Lower Mid-Market Deals, £100m-£750m
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Employers