Mr Michael Darowski > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Michael Darowski
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Michael Darowski focuses his practice on international commercial and investment disputes resolved through arbitration. He handles cases under English and other governing laws, and under the rules of all of the main arbitral institutions. Michael has substantial experience of acting in national court proceedings in various jurisdictions relating to all aspects of the arbitration process.
Michael has particular skill in advising clients in the natural resources, oil and gas, energy, food & beverage, financial, transportation and telecoms sectors. He has arbitrated disputes all around the world, but has a wealth of experience of disputes from the CIS and Central Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and the Far East. Michael’s client base is fully international, ranging from multinational corporations and financial institutions to wealthy private individuals.
Read full biography here: https://www.mwe.com/people/michael-darowski/
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP‘s international arbitration team represents states and private entities in proceedings under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties and free trade agreements. It is also active in commercial arbitrations. Team head Andrew Savage is ‘a fantastic lawyer‘, while associates Romilly Holland, Kimberley Smith and Edward Perkins are also active practitioners. In 2021, the London office recruited partner Michael Darowski and ‘superstar‘ counsel Armando Neris from Gowling WLG and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, respectively.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Finance > High yield
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech