Priya Taneja > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Capital Markets/Structured finance
Priya is a counsel, her practice includes a broad range of structured finance transactions advising on debt capital markets, securitisations and debt restructurings. She represents issuers, trustees, noteholders, borrowers, servicers and corporate service providers as well as specialising in acting for corporate trust clients on high yields, securitisations, MTN programmes and cross border defaults. Priya is also chair of the Women’s Corporate Trust Network – a global network of women working in the corporate trust and agency industry.
Priya has a particular focus on emerging markets and impact finance work advising on India related finance and capital markets work. Priya also has extensive experience on cross border impact finance transactions. She advised on the Educate Girls social impact bond, the ‘Utkrisht’ development impact bond, the British Asian Trust Quality Education impact bond as well as a recent social impact bond in relation to the PAUSE programme in Derbyshire, UK.
View more at: https://www.mwe.com/people/priya-taneja/
- Women’s Corporate Trust Network, Co-Chair
College of Law, LPC, 2006
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP joins that ranking this year having recruited in 2020 to create a new high yield practice. Lead partner Ranajoy Basu and counsel Priya Taneja, who joined from Reed Smith LLP, are the key practitioners and clients describe ‘a very professional firm that has taken on some very talented individuals who are fully up to speed with very complex and demanding transactions‘. Though it is less involved in new issuance on behalf of banks or corporate issuers, the firm has a strong presence on the trustee side, acting for clients such as Wilmington Trust and U.S. Bank Trustees.
‘The team is affable and approachable at all levels, and proficient in its legal advice‘, says a client of McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP, adding that ‘the commercial insight of the team coupled with its negotiation and drafting expertise makes the firm a pleasure to deal with‘. Ranajoy Basu and counsel Priya Taneja joined from Reed Smith LLP to form the firm’s India group, bringing extensive experience in high yield and other capital markets transactions. Andrew Savage‘s practice covers commercial and finance disputes and international arbitration proceedings, frequently in emerging markets. Hamid Yunis handles cross-border M&A, investment issues and private equity transactions, predominantly within the health and infrastructure sectors. Nick Azis is also a key adviser on M&A deals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Finance > High yield
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting