Priya Taneja > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Capital Markets/Structured finance
Priya is a counsel, her practice includes a broad range of structured finance transactions advising on debt capital markets, securitisations and debt restructurings. She represents issuers, trustees, noteholders, borrowers, servicers and corporate service providers as well as specialising in acting for corporate trust clients on high yields, securitisations, MTN programmes and cross border defaults. Priya is also chair of the Women’s Corporate Trust Network – a global network of women working in the corporate trust and agency industry.
Priya has a particular focus on emerging markets and impact finance work advising on India related finance and capital markets work. Priya also has extensive experience on cross border impact finance transactions. She advised on the Educate Girls social impact bond, the ‘Utkrisht’ development impact bond, the British Asian Trust Quality Education impact bond as well as a recent social impact bond in relation to the PAUSE programme in Derbyshire, UK.
View more at: https://www.mwe.com/people/priya-taneja/
- Women’s Corporate Trust Network, Co-Chair
College of Law, LPC, 2006
London > Industry focus > Emerging markets
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP continues to build a strong presence in emerging markets work from its London office, having hired Ranajoy Basu and Priya Taneja two years ago. Both are experienced in finance transactions, including structured finance, complex securitisations, debt capital markets and high yield related deals, and they have at their disposal a range of talent in capital markets, corporate and M&A, banking and finance, commodities and derivatives matters. Corporate partner Mark Fine assisted Africa-focused oil and gas production and development company Sirius Petroleum PLC with the acquisition of a stake in COPDC Petroleum Development Company Limited, which has executed agreements with Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation to develop onshore projects. The firm is also active in cross-border disputes with litigator Andrew Savage and associate Romilly Holland key members of a team representing Amnesty International in various disputes with the Government of India, including advice on a potential investment treaty arbitration.
London > Finance > High yield
At McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP ‘the team concentrates on representing trustees, and you really need some pragmatic and commercial advice after the deal is done in the event of a restructuring or liability management exercise‘, notes one market source, adding that head of finance Ranajoy Basu is ‘the best at helping to facilitate and manage trustee-related issues‘. Counsel Priya Taneja has significant experience in highly complex cross-border transactions in emerging markets and she is ‘always available and finds a pragmatic solution‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Finance > High yield
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech