Andrew Savage > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial Litigaiton/Dispute Resolution
Andrew is a partner, he focuses his practice on commercial and finance disputes and international arbitration. He has a wealth of experience across all sectors and industries, including finance, insolvency, energy, insurance (for policy holders), fraud, commodities, shipping, construction, IT and art theft.
Visit our website for more: https://www.mwe.com/people/andrew-savage/
Law Society of England & Wales
London Court of International Arbitration
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP’s ‘exceptionally strong‘ commercial litigation department excels in high-stakes, cross-border disputes. In addition to handling arbitration cases, Andrew Savage acts for clients in commercial and financial litigation. According to a client, Kimberley Smith is ‘clearly developing into an exceptional lawyer‘; she is experienced in handling contractual disputes before the High Court. Ben Lamble is active in contentious matters that are connected to the financial services, commodities and energy sectors.
Acting in high-value, commercially critical and multi-jurisdictional international arbitrations, McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP‘s recent work spans Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Asia, the US, Africa and the Cayman Islands. Leading the team, Andrew Savage‘s sector experience covers the finance, insolvency, energy, insurance, fraud, commodities, shipping and construction industries, among others.
‘The team is affable and approachable at all levels, and proficient in its legal advice‘, says a client of McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP, adding that ‘the commercial insight of the team coupled with its negotiation and drafting expertise makes the firm a pleasure to deal with‘. Ranajoy Basu and counsel Priya Taneja joined from Reed Smith LLP to form the firm’s India group, bringing extensive experience in high yield and other capital markets transactions. Andrew Savage‘s practice covers commercial and finance disputes and international arbitration proceedings, frequently in emerging markets. Hamid Yunis handles cross-border M&A, investment issues and private equity transactions, predominantly within the health and infrastructure sectors. Nick Azis is also a key adviser on M&A deals.
- Leading individuals - London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Emerging markets - London > Industry focus
- Commercial litigation: mid-market - London > Dispute resolution
- International arbitration - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Finance > High yield
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting