Andrew Savage > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Commercial Litigaiton/Dispute Resolution
Andrew is a partner, he focuses his practice on commercial and finance disputes and international arbitration. He has a wealth of experience across all sectors and industries, including finance, insolvency, energy, insurance (for policy holders), fraud, commodities, shipping, construction, IT and art theft.
Visit our website for more: https://www.mwe.com/people/andrew-savage/
Law Society of England & Wales
London Court of International Arbitration
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP’s litigation department is well known for high-value disputes that are frequently internationally focused; and its experience covers contract disputes, security enforcement and insolvency, along with whistleblower claims, economic torts, and privacy and data breach. Andrew Savage focuses on commercial and finance disputes, along with international arbitration; recently promoted counsel Armando Neris is a former Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP lawyer; and senior associate Kimberley Smith is experienced in energy, commodities and construction-related contractual disputes.
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP continues to build a strong presence in emerging markets work from its London office, having hired Ranajoy Basu and Priya Taneja two years ago. Both are experienced in finance transactions, including structured finance, complex securitisations, debt capital markets and high yield related deals, and they have at their disposal a range of talent in capital markets, corporate and M&A, banking and finance, commodities and derivatives matters. Corporate partner Mark Fine assisted Africa-focused oil and gas production and development company Sirius Petroleum PLC with the acquisition of a stake in COPDC Petroleum Development Company Limited, which has executed agreements with Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation to develop onshore projects. The firm is also active in cross-border disputes with litigator Andrew Savage and associate Romilly Holland key members of a team representing Amnesty International in various disputes with the Government of India, including advice on a potential investment treaty arbitration.
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP‘s international arbitration team represents states and private entities in proceedings under bilateral and multilateral investment treaties and free trade agreements. It is also active in commercial arbitrations. Team head Andrew Savage is ‘a fantastic lawyer‘, while associates Romilly Holland, Kimberley Smith and Edward Perkins are also active practitioners. In 2021, the London office recruited partner Michael Darowski and ‘superstar‘ counsel Armando Neris from Gowling WLG and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, respectively.
- Leading individuals - London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Emerging markets - London > Industry focus
- Commercial litigation: mid-market - London > Dispute resolution
- International arbitration - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Finance > High yield
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech