Mr Giovanni Caruso > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Giovanni Caruso
Capital Markets & Corporate
Giovanni Caruso represents public and private companies in a broad range of corporate and securities matters, including general corporate governance, private placements, mergers and acquisitions and federal law compliance in connection to the Securities Act and Exchange Act and Sarbanes-Oxley, as well as the various exchanges (NASDAQ, NYSE and the NYSE Amex). Giovanni also regularly represents issuers and underwriters in SPAC offerings.
Giovanni has drafted and negotiated a variety of agreements in connection with his representation of clients, and has experience in drafting various securities documents such as annual, quarterly, and current reports; registration statements; and private placement documents.
New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
New York University, B.A., cum laude
Loeb & Loeb LLP is experienced in the purchase and sale of closely held businesses, with special expertise in the entertainment, media, technology, marketing and communications sectors. The team advised notable client Oprah Winfrey and her company, Harpo, on recent critical investments and strategic partnerships, including the sale of a 24.5% stake in The Oprah Winfrey Network joint venture to Discover Communications. It also assisted NeuLion, a technology product and service provider, with its agreement to be sold to entertainment leader Endeavor; acted for Clearview Capital Fund II in the sale of its majority interest in GCR, a provider of vertical specific software and services, to an affiliate of HKW Capital Partners; and advised Little Airplane Productions, an Emmy-winning animation studio, on its sale to Studio 100 Group, one of the largest animation and live-action studios in Europe. New York-based Mitchell Nussbaum and Los Angeles’ Arash Khalili are co-chairs of the firm’s capital markets and corporate practice. In addition to Nussbaum’s work with US-based companies in technology, life sciences and energy, his international practice includes working with companies from Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Greece, India, Israel, Russia, South Africa and the UK; and Khalili is recommended for complex corporate and commercial transactions in the media, entertainment, technology, sports, health, wellness and fitness industries. Lloyd Rothenberg in New York, who works with both early-stage growth and more mature companies, and Los Angeles’ Steve Hurdle, who has acted for numerous buyers and sellers of scripted and unscripted television production companies in cross-border transactions, are the deputy capital markets and corporate chairs. Other highly regarded attorneys are Chicago-based Ross Emmerman, Allan Duboff in Los Angeles and New York’s Giovanni Caruso.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (Fortune 1000 private foundations, and national trade associations and charities)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious