Mr Arash Khalili > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Mr Arash Khalili
Capital Markets and Corporate
Co-Chair, Capital Markets and Corporate; Co-Chair, Sports
California Western School of Law, J.D.
University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., magna cum laude
Loeb & Loeb LLP’s M&A team is active in cross-border and cross-industry transactions, leveraging the strengths of the firm’s media and entertainment, technology, advertising, healthcare, energy, sports and financial services practices to provide full legal support to public and private company clients irrespective of industry sector. Mitchell Nussbaum in New York co-chairs the capital markets and corporate group, and specializes in advising growth companies and underwriting banks on IPOs, follow-on public offerings, PIPE deals and other securities transactions. Los Angeles-based Arash Khalili jointly leads the team alongside Nussbaum; Khalili is particularly standout in the media and entertainment sector, advising on brand monetization and disputes in addition to M&A, investment deals and financing transactions. Deputy chair Steven Hurdle (also in Los Angeles) is a key contact for digital media tech start-ups and their founders and investors. Also recommended is Lloyd Rothenberg in New York, who advises both early-stage growth companies and more mature companies in the technology, media, marketing and advertising sectors.
Loeb & Loeb LLP houses a multidisciplinary team with experience in litigation, financing, corporate and commercial work, and intellectual property to provide a full service to sports sector clients. One of the key growth areas for the team is esports, where the firm acts for high-profile individuals in media rights and endorsement deals, as well as representing league operators in broadcast rights and venue licensing matters. The bicoastal practice is chaired by Arash Khalili and Brian Socolow, who are based in Los Angeles and New York respectively, both of whom are highly experienced in IP-related transactions along with a wide range of commercial work. On the contentious side, Chicago-based IP and advertising litigator Douglas Masters is highly active in the brand protection space, working with brand owners, sports leagues, and individual athletes on copyright and trademark matters. In late 2019, the firm saw the arrival of Derek Crownover, who joined the Nashville office from Dickinson Wright PLLC and handles a broad spectrum of commercial work, with a particular specialism in copyright matters.
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
- Sport - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense