Sean James > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Sean is a partner and head of the Content Distribution and Transmission group, with a particular focus on the creation, acquisition, licensing and distribution of content via television, online, mobile and other digital platforms. Sean’s many years of experience provides a deep, end-to-end understanding of the commercial, contractual and regulatory issues that confront clients in this sector. Sean is also a director and co-founder of three European video-on-demand businesses and deals with all their content acquisition and platform/OTT regulatory and contractual requirements, as well as helping to formulate and develop their strategy.
Articled Wiggin & Co; qualified 1990; 18 months secondment to United Artists 1991-92; assistant solicitor with Wiggin & Co until May 1996; partner 1996.
King’s School, Canterbury; Queen Mary College, London (1986 BA Hons).
Squash, cars, climbing, rowing.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Wiggin LLP is praised by clients for its ‘incomparable industry expertise’ and ‘excellent commerciality and market knowledge’ across the media and entertainment arena. In the film and TV space, Charles Moore and Medwyn Jones advise clients on all aspects of development, finance and distribution, while David Quli, Neil Gillard and Chris Hanson handle media finance matters. Michael Brader focuses on corporate transactions in the independent television production sector, while Daniel Whybrew acts for financiers, producers and distributors on the financing of TV and film projects. ‘Grand seigneur of games law’ Paul Gardner leads the computer games sector group, which includes Jas Purewal, who joined from Purewal & Partners. In the music space, Rachel Alexander specialises in high profile IP cases and online enforcement matters. Caroline Kean, who leads the defamation and litigation practices, is noted for her expertise in the publishing sector. She works with Matthew Dando and Julian Darrall. Sean James leads the content distribution and transmission team. Sarah MacDonald heads up the advertising, marketing and sponsorship group.
- Hall of Fame - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market