David Quli > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Film and TV.
David is a partner and specialises in media finance. He advises financiers, producers and distributors on all matters relating to the financing of the development, production and exploitation of films, television programmes, video games and music. In particular he advises on all production, financing and distribution documents including loan, security, completion guarantee, inter-creditor and distribution agreements and has extensive experience structuring complex international co-productions and financings (single picture, slate and library financings). David represents a number of the banks and funds active in the media sector.
David qualified at Stephenson Harwood in 1996 and joined the film group at Reed Smith (then Richards Butler) in 2000. He joined Wiggin in 2007.
Shrewsbury School; University of Reading (LLB); College of Law, York (LPC).
Skiing, running, football, music.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Wiggin LLP is praised by clients for its ‘incomparable industry expertise’ and ‘excellent commerciality and market knowledge’ across the media and entertainment arena. In the film and TV space, Charles Moore and Medwyn Jones advise clients on all aspects of development, finance and distribution, while David Quli, Neil Gillard and Chris Hanson handle media finance matters. Michael Brader focuses on corporate transactions in the independent television production sector, while Daniel Whybrew acts for financiers, producers and distributors on the financing of TV and film projects. ‘Grand seigneur of games law’ Paul Gardner leads the computer games sector group, which includes Jas Purewal, who joined from Purewal & Partners. In the music space, Rachel Alexander specialises in high profile IP cases and online enforcement matters. Caroline Kean, who leads the defamation and litigation practices, is noted for her expertise in the publishing sector. She works with Matthew Dando and Julian Darrall. Sean James leads the content distribution and transmission team. Sarah MacDonald heads up the advertising, marketing and sponsorship group.
- Hall of Fame - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market