David Quli > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Film and TV.
David is a partner and specialises in media finance. He advises financiers, producers and distributors on all matters relating to the financing of the development, production and exploitation of films, television programmes, video games and music. In particular he advises on all production, financing and distribution documents including loan, security, completion guarantee, inter-creditor and distribution agreements and has extensive experience structuring complex international co-productions and financings (single picture, slate and library financings). David represents a number of the banks and funds active in the media sector.
David qualified at Stephenson Harwood in 1996 and joined the film group at Reed Smith (then Richards Butler) in 2000. He joined Wiggin in 2007.
Shrewsbury School; University of Reading (LLB); College of Law, York (LPC).
Skiing, running, football, music.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
The team at Wiggin LLP ‘set the gold standard when it comes to media law’. Charles Moore and David Quli head up the film & television division, Paul Gardner the interactive entertainment team, Rachel Alexander and Alexander Ross jointly lead on music, and Ross together with Adrian Jones and Caroline Kean additionally co-heads the publishing department. For their extensive expertise pertaining to the television sector and large Hollywood productions respectively, Neil Gillard , Medwyn Jones , and Chris Hanson come recommended. Sarah MacDonald leads the firm’s advertising, marketing and sponsorship team and is a specialist on regulatory issues. Additionally noteworthy is Sean James ‘ practice focused on content exploitation via media platforms and Daniel Whybrew is another key name in film financing.
- Hall of Fame - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market