Daniel Whybrew > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Film & TV
Daniel is a partner in the Film & TV Group and advises a wide range of film and television industry clients including financiers, producers, studios, sales agents and distributors. Daniel has worked on a series of structured international finance transactions involving Hollywood studios, networks and independent producers and a large number of single picture financings for banks, funds and producers as well as a broad range of television broadcast financings. In 2013 Daniel spent six months on secondment at Film Finances, Inc. in Los Angeles, working at the heart of many significant independent film transactions.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Wiggin LLP is praised by clients for its ‘incomparable industry expertise’ and ‘excellent commerciality and market knowledge’ across the media and entertainment arena. In the film and TV space, Charles Moore and Medwyn Jones advise clients on all aspects of development, finance and distribution, while David Quli, Neil Gillard and Chris Hanson handle media finance matters. Michael Brader focuses on corporate transactions in the independent television production sector, while Daniel Whybrew acts for financiers, producers and distributors on the financing of TV and film projects. ‘Grand seigneur of games law’ Paul Gardner leads the computer games sector group, which includes Jas Purewal, who joined from Purewal & Partners. In the music space, Rachel Alexander specialises in high profile IP cases and online enforcement matters. Caroline Kean, who leads the defamation and litigation practices, is noted for her expertise in the publishing sector. She works with Matthew Dando and Julian Darrall. Sean James leads the content distribution and transmission team. Sarah MacDonald heads up the advertising, marketing and sponsorship group.
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Next Generation Partners - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market