Janine Collier > Tees Law > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Tees Law Offices
- Go to...
Medical Negligence and Personal Injury
Janine is the Head of the Medical Negligence and Personal Injury Team at Tees. She began her career with one of the country’s leading medical negligence London-based practices nearly 20 years ago and is a long-standing member of the AvMA and Law Society Clinical Negligence panels.
Janine has recovered £millions of compensation for victims of medical accidents over the years and, in addition, has achieved significant non-monetary relief through mediation.
Janine’s experience includes birth defects and unintended pregnancies (wrongful birth claims); birth injuries to the child, including cerebral palsy; birth injuries to the mother; brain injuries; deaths; DVTs and pulmonary emboli; substandard general practice care; orthopaedic claims; surgical errors and tuberculosis. Latterly, Janine has sub-specialised in cases involving:
– Cerebral palsy cases
– birth injuries to the mother (obstetric anal sphincter injuries (OASIS));
– adult brain injuries (in particular cases involving delays in diagnosing a brain tumour and strokes); and
– a fatality, where there are a number of surviving dependants
– sight loss
Field Fisher Waterhouse, Trainee 1999-2001; Solicitor, 2001-2004; Professional Support Lawyer, 2004-2006; Joined Lorimer, Longhurst & Lees, Solicitor, 2006-2008; Joined Tees Law, Solicitor, 2008-2010; Associate 2010-2013; Senior Associate 2013-2015; Partner 2015-2016; Executive Partner 2016-Present
Trustee of Support4Sight; Trustee of Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
AvMA Panel Member; Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel Member; APIL Accredited Clinical Negligence Solicitor; APIL Senior Litigator
Portsmouth High School GPDST; BA Honours Classics & Law (II.I), Magdalene College, Cambridge University, 1994 – 1998; Legal Practice Course (Distinction), The College of Law; 1998-1999
Away from work Janine is kept busy by her two children and two dogs.
When she has time, Janine tries to stay fit, playing some tennis, going to the gym, doing some running and on occasion some obstacle course races and/or cycling events.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘professional and sympathetic‘ team at Tees Law is ‘approachable, understanding and shows genuine care’. The firm handles both catastrophic and lower-value medical negligence claims, and it has lawyers who specialise in inquest work and NHS continuing healthcare claims and appeals. Vastly experienced practice head Janine Collier ‘really cares and is a very dedicated person who just wants to help‘. She secured a seven-figure interim payment for a client suffering from cerebral palsy as a result of skull fractures. Tim Deeming is ‘outstanding in his advice and also realistic‘. Widely acknowledged PI expert Vicki Seabrook and ‘polite and efficient’ associate Sarah Stocker also play key roles in the practice.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - East Anglia > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media, entertainment and sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge