Christopher Lewis > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Banking and Finance
Chris is a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance team. He specialises in a range of debt finance work, including secured and unsecured, bilateral or syndicated lending both on a national, and international level.
Chris has a wealth of experience and contacts from previous roles in a top tier Banking & Finance team in Cardiff and in-house counsel at a leading financial services group.
He has particular experience in acquisition and leveraged finance, advising on non-standard lending transactions involving complex structures and security. He acts on behalf of either lenders (be they banks, private equity or other funds) or corporate borrowers.
Chris has extensive experience acting for lenders in respect of reviewing security and facility documents with a view to recovery. His experience covers a wide range of insolvency scenarios including appointing administrators and LPA receivers.
He was recently described as a ‘Rising Star’ in the 2019 Legal 500 rankings in relation to banking and finance.
- Senior Associate, Capital Law Limited (May 2020 – present)
- Associate, Capital Law Limited (May 2018 – April 2020)
- Solicitor, Capital Law Limited (Oct 2016 – 2018)
- Solicitor, Acuity Legal Limited (2015 – Oct 2016)
- In House Counsel, Target Group (Jun 2015 – Dec 2015)
- Paralegal (Banking & Finance), Eversheds LLP (2009 – 2015)
The Law Society of England and Wales, SRA
Loan Market Association
- Cardiff University: LPC (2008 – 2009)
- Swansea University: GDL Law (2007 – 2008)
- Swansea University: History, BA (2004 – 2007)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing