Huw Thomas > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Huw joined Capital in April 2017, having gained extensive experience over 20 years in London (the City and Westminster) and Chester.
Huw’s expertise is in both secured lending work and general commercial real estate transactions. He acts for numerous funders involved in facilitating purchases, refinancing (including on property portfolios) and development. In addition, he has advised on various transactions involving site acquisition and development.
Huw enthusiastically helps deliver training on property law and developing the skills of trainees.
The Legal 500 publication has stated that Huw is ‘noted for his transactional expertise’ and that a client singled out his ‘astute legal brain’. He has been profiled in Property Week.
- Consultant, Capital Law Limited (Apr 2017 – present)
- Partner, Jolliffe and Co LLP (2013 – 2017)
- Consultant, various law firms (2011 – 2013)
- Partner, Bircham Dyson Bell (2007 – 2010)
- Senior Associate, Bircham Dyson Bell (2004 – 2007)
- Associate, Bircham Dyson Bell (2002 – 2007)
- Solicitor, Ashurst (Sept 1996 – Oct 2000)
- Trainee Solicitor, Frere Cholmeley Bischoff (Sept 1994 – Sept 1996)
The Law Society of England and Wales
- University of Oxford: Law (1990 – 1993)
Capital Law Limited has a ‘wide knowledge of financial transactions’ for a balanced roster of lenders and borrowers. Reshma Jogia leads the firm’s corporate banking offering which has expertise advising stakeholders throughout the capital structure and continues to pick up financing work from the firm’s growing private equity client base on their investments. Consultant Huw Thomas is well-versed in commercial property finance mandates, while Rachel Hillier takes the lead on financial regulatory matters, including advice to fintech providers.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing