Reshma Jogia > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Banking and Finance
Reshma leads our corporate banking practice, with 20 years’ experience in acting for lenders including most UK clearing banks and investment funds, and borrowers including corporates and clients in the social housing, education and healthcare sectors.
She advises on all aspects of finance and secured lending and is used to handling large and complex transactions.
Reshma specialises in all aspects of secured lending and has extensive experience in, negotiating complex syndicated multi-currency loan facilities often drafted on a Loan Market Association format, amendment and restatement agreements and refinancing of facilities, all forms of security, security trustee arrangements, mezzanine finance and priority and intercreditor documentation. She also has knowledge of the bond market and her experience includes providing advice on private placement facilities.
Reshma has particular expertise in social housing finance and has advised a number of housing associations and lenders on their funding arrangements.
Reshma also undertakes security reviews and advises on restructuring of loan and security and works closely with our regulatory lawyers to provide regulatory advice on the Consumer Credit Act and the Financial Services and Markets Act.
- Partner, Capital Law Limited (Nov 2020 – present)
- Consultant, Capital Law Limited (May 2020 – Oct 2020)
- Legal Director, Blake Morgan LLP (Jan 2020 – May 2020)
- Senior Associate, Blake Morgan LLP, Cardiff (April 2000 – January 2020)
- Solicitor, Eversheds Sutherland, Cardiff (circa. 1997 – April 2000)
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Loan Market Association
- Cardiff University, Legal Practice Course (1995-1996)
- Cardiff University, LLB Law (Hons) (1991-1994)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Capital Law Limited has a ‘wide knowledge of financial transactions’ for a balanced roster of lenders and borrowers. Reshma Jogia leads the firm’s corporate banking offering which has expertise advising stakeholders throughout the capital structure and continues to pick up financing work from the firm’s growing private equity client base on their investments. Consultant Huw Thomas is well-versed in commercial property finance mandates, while Rachel Hillier takes the lead on financial regulatory matters, including advice to fintech providers.
- Banking and finance - Wales > Finance
- Next Generation Partners - Wales > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing