Clifford Chance focuses on offering contracting authorities and contractors high-end public procurement advice, covering both domestic and EU-based public procurement law, the drafting of public procurement contracts, and, with the assistance of the firm’s litigation and dispute resolution department, representing clients before the National Chamber of Appeals, district courts and arbitration courts. Counsel Piotr Bogdanowicz heads up the department with a focus on public procurement and state aid work; he is also on the Management Board of the Public Procurement Law Association.
Public procurement in Poland
Gaz System S.A.
Meridiam SAS and Terminal Link SAS
DCT Gdańsk S.A.
Colas Polska sp. z o.o.
VF Worldwide Holdings Ltd
Towarzystwo Gospodarcze Polskie Elektrownie
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Pfizer Polska sp. z o.o.
Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A.
Acapela Group Babel Technologies S.A.
TOWARZYSTWO FUNDUSZY INWESTYCYJNYCH ENERGIA S.A. (TFI Energia)
- Advised Gaz System on the process of expansion of the LNG terminal in Świnoujście, which consisted of additional regasification installations, a third LNG storage tank, an LNG-to-rail transhipment installation and a second jetty.
- Advised Colas Polska on tender documentation before the National Chamber of Appeal concerning the design and build of the Kobieła bypass in the tender carried out by the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways.
- Advising DCT Gdańsk on a tender procedure carried out by the Gdańsk Port Authority for selecting the lessee(s) of the maritime areas adjacent to the Port of Gdańsk.
The public procurement department at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Posniak i Bejm sp.k. is led by Małgorzata Urbańska, who has expertise in the competition elements of tender procedures. The team is adept at providing public procurement advice on a domestic and EU level to both contracting authorities and contractors throughout the whole spectrum of the tender process. This includes the competition-related aspects of consortia forming, drafting public procurement contracts and advising on public projects. Urbańska is supported by senior associates Krzysztof Sikora and Izabela Biernat-Sadlak, and Marcin Bejm is notable in infrastructure and energy matters.
‘This Law firm provides comprehensive and business orientated legal advice.’
‘Very hands-on approach with an ability to staff the projects efficiently and in a flexible way.’
‘Besides their profound knowledge in the field of public procurement law, the team is very well organised, reachable and work is always client-oriented. It was a pleasure to work with them on our case.’
‘Marcin Bejm has in-depth knowledge of the public procurement law and local regulations, high engagement in day to day project work and good availability to respond quickly to changing transaction dynamics.’
‘Both the Partner Małgorzata Urbańska as well as the Senior Associate Krzysztof Sikora are very experienced and competent lawyers in the field of public procurement law. It was a pleasure to discuss our issues with them and we valued their contribution and their working spirit (always efficient, focused on the legal issue, pleasant, client-oriented and precise).’
‘Mrs. Małgorzata Urbańska has comprehensive knowledge and excellent analytical and communication skills.’
European Investment Bank
Bank Pekao SA
Pojazdy Szynowe PESA Bydgoszcz SA
Centralny Port Komunikacyjny sp. z o.o.
Incheon Airport in Seoul
Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A.
Local Government Investment Fund
Górnośląskie Towarzystwo Lotnicze SA
Polska Grupa Lotnicza SA
- Advised Pojazdy Szynowe Pesa Bydgoszcz SA on strategic public procurement agreements and various remedies depending on the stage of realisation of specific contracts regarding rolling stock with contractors located both in Poland and various European countries.
- Advised Incheon International Airport on negotiations of a contract for the provision of the strategic adviser services for Centralny Port Komunikacyjny sp. z o.o., which included reviewing public contracts, supporting the client during the competitive dialogue, and representing the client before the National Appeals Chamber.
- Supported Corinth Pipeworks in its participation in a major tender organised by GAZ-SYSTEM.
The practice at Dentons has notable strength in the energy, transport and road construction, defence and life sciences sectors. The team has been particularly active in strategic gasoline piping and onshore projects, large road construction tenders and the delivery of tram, train and public transport services. Offering clients the full spectrum of advice, the team represents clients before the NAC and in procurement court proceedings. Department head Aldona Kowalczyk is supported by recently promoted partner Anna Szymańska, who also has a notable defence and security practice.
‘Excellent sense of the topic, good tactics and good preparation for the task.’
The public procurement team at DLA Piper is particularly adept in the infrastructure, energy, construction, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, defence and aviation, life sciences and healthcare sectors. The practice advises local and international clients on public procurement and government contracting work, PPP mandates, issues relating to the drafting of legislation and parliamentary procedures, judicial reviews and regulatory challenges. The team is jointly lead by Krzysztof Kycia, Andrzej Balicki, Marta Frąckowiak and Adriana Mierzwa-Bronikowska, who are all based in Warsaw. Michał Orzechowski, Magdalena Zabłocka-Foulkes and Jolanta Dąbrowicz are also names of note.
‘The leading team regarding public procurement contracts for medical devices. Very approachable and always available. Diversity and the spirit of internal collaboration.’
‘The team is highly experienced in life sciences regulatory, distribution and procurement matters. They really understand all practical, legal and business aspects of distribution of medical products. They support us on both legal and business aspects.’
‘Highly reputable team in terms of medicinal product procurement and reimbursement. Very strong value of the team is diversity.’
‘DLA Piper’s procurement team is highly experienced in both highly complex matters as well as day-to-day public procurement advice.’
‘Adriana Mierzwa-Bronikowska – Very good knowledge of the industry. Practical and business approach to contract provisions. A range of knowledge that goes beyond legal aspects only.’
‘Michał Orzechowski specializes in both antitrust and contentious public procurement matters. He has unique experience in high profile cases at the intersection of public procurement and competition law, including the most prestigious defence procurements in the country. Regulatory team lead, Andrzej Balicki is an outstanding public and regulatory lawyer and has tremendous experience in public procurement procedures in regulated sectors.’
‘Andrzej Balicki has tremendous experience in medical device procurement cases. Jolanta Dąbrowicz smoothly manages contracts with hospitals.’
‘Andrzej Balicki, partner leading the team, is a role model of a trusted adviser, one of the best I have ever met. He has a unique ability to explain practical business implications of complex regulatory requirements. He always comes up with implementable solutions. Michał Orzechowski has innovative ideas on distribution topics. Jolanta Dąbrowicz is a great regulatory lawyer.’
European Bank of Reconstruction and development
European Investment Bank
Polish Development Fund
Smith & Nephew
The Ministry of Funds and Regional Development
- Advising Gulermak, European Investment Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, PPP Solutions, Pekao S.A. on a project aimed at the construction of a new tram line with a total length of ca. 4.5km in the City of Cracow.
- Advising Allergan on the structuring of its distribution network in the context of its participation in public tenders.
- Acting for the Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy in preparing volume IV of the PPP Guidelines in Poland relating to the management of a PPP Contract.
Katarzyna Kuźma leads the public procurement team at Domanski Zakrzewski Palinka while Marcin Krakowiak leads the infrastructure and energy practice. The wider department advises on both Polish and EU public procurement issues, concessions and PPP law with a focus on the construction and engineering, energy, environmental, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, IT, defence and security sectors. Its client roster includes foreign contractors bidding for public contracts in Poland, and the team advises on both contentious and non-contentious matters. Counsels Wojciech Hartung and Tomasz Michalczyk are also notable team members.
Operator Gazociągów Przesyłowych Gaz-System S.A.
Zarząd Morskiego Portu Gdynia S.A.
The Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy and the City of Kraków
Tramwaje Warszawskie sp. z o.o.
TM. E. S.P.A.
The Ministry of Development
- Advising Operator Gazociągów Przesyłowych Gaz-System S.A regarding the public procurement aspects of the Baltic Pipe, a strategic infrastructure project to increase energy security and to create an internal European energy system.
- Acting for Zarząd Morskiego Portu Gdynia S.A.in relation to the construction of the vast capacity Outer Port in Gdynia, which is included in the list of key infrastructure projects of the TEN-T Baltic-Adriatic Corridor at the Gdynia transport hub.
- Advising Urbaser S.A.U., one of the sponsors and future operators of a PPP project in Olsztyn involving waste-to-energy processing.
Warsaw-based Jan Roliński and recently promoted partner Agnieszka Chwiałkowska in Poznań co-lead the public procurement department at WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr; Roliński is also a member of the management board of the Polish Public Procurement Law Association. The team supports clients throughout the whole public procurement process, including during the tender process and the contract performance stage. Sector focuses of the group span the energy, construction, infrastructure, military, water and sewage and public transport industries, allowing the team to leverage the expertise of other lawyers in the firm.
Other key lawyers:
Jarosław Kola; Michal Mielnik
‘Great commitment, full professionalism, vast knowledge, supported by experience, very good cooperation.’
‘The team has empathy, which I appreciate very much, and the ability to accurately assess the situation.’
‘WKB team helped me in an emergency situation – they put together a team of senior lawyers and did the work over the weekend, for standard fees, which allowed me to move forward with a big project. The advice is business oriented and strictly to the point.’
‘Agnieszka Chwiałkowska, Michał Mielnik, Jan Roliński; Jarosław Kola deserves for a special recommendation.’
‘I work with Jan Roliński who is always available and helpful. I like the reasonable level of fees, even though the advice is provided by senior lawyers. The advice is always well balanced from legal point of view, business oriented and easy to understand by those in my business.’
GE Power Sp. z o.o.
Operator Gazociągów Przesyłowych GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
WEBUILD S.P.A. Oddział w Polsce
TOTO S.P.A CONSTRUZIONI GENERALI
POCZTA POLSKA S.A.
Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Komunikacyjne w Poznaniu Sp. z o.o.
Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A.
Grifols Polska Sp. z o.o.
Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizacja w Bydgoszczy Sp. z o.o
Solaris Bus& Coach Sp. zo.o.
Nexera Holding Sp. z o.o.
PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A.
Tramwaje Warszawskie sp. z o.o.
Novo Nordisk Pharma Sp. z o.o.
- Supporting Nowe Jaworzno Grupa TAURON Sp. z o.o. in the construction of the 910MW power generation unit in Jaworzno, in particular during the mediation procedure with the contractor.
- Supporting GE Hydro SAS in a public procurement project run by PGE Energia Odnawialna S.A. regarding the conclusion of an EPC contract for Retrofit of the process part of Porąbka-Żar Pumped Storage Power Plant.
- Supported the University of Arts with its implementation of an innovative R&D project entitled “Strengthening the research and development potential of the University of Arts in Poznań through cooperation with industry and business as part of the newly created prototyping workshop”, co-financed with EU funds.
The Warsaw-based team at Bird & Bird Szepietowski i wspólnicy sp. k. handles major Polish public procurement projects in the energy, infrastructure, construction and aviation sectors. Regulatory matters also fall within the team’s remit, and it also represents clients in the National Chamber of Appeals. Founding member of the Public Procurement Law Association Tomasz Zalewski leads the commercial practice, and senior associate Julita Hoffmann is skilled in mandates involving European Union funds. Magdalena Zabłocka-Foulkes has left the firm to join DLA Piper.
Other key lawyers:
Ministry of Development
Office of Competition and Consumer Protection
- Represented Bergen Engines in a tender procedure organised by the Zgierz gas-fired power plant and supported the creation of a consortium involving the participation of a Polish partner, submitting an offer, preparing an appeal, reviewing all procurement documents and providing representation in negotiations.
- Advising the Ministry of Development, Funds and Regional Policy on a significant PPP project involving the design, construction, financing and operation of over 400 social housing apartments for the city of Zory.
- Assisted ICEYE, a Finnish producer of satellites, with its participation in a public tender for the supply of a training satellite for the Military Technical Academy in Warsaw.
BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sroka Nilsson Sp. k.
The public procurement and infrastructure group at BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sroka Nilsson Sp. k. primarily advises contractors on all stages of the procurement process, particular those within the infrastructure, defence, healthcare and life sciences sectors. Recently, the team has been increasingly involved in tenders concerning the IT and telecoms sectors. Representing clients before the National Appeals Chamber is also an area of expertise for the group. Construction expert Jarosław Sroka heads up the team.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is very organised and competent. They have shown amazing adaptability during the pandemic and introduced new work flow in these hard times. They stand out in many ways compared to other firms, especially important was the adaptability.’
‘The team is outstanding in so many ways in the knowledge of our industry and in the knowledge of laws with our industry. The communication is very easy and every team member is very competent and engaged in their duties, working with them is very efficient and it guarantees good results. However, the team member that showed the most involvement was Jarosław Sroka.’
‘BSJP offers highly professional services supporting our company in Public Procurement Law issues. BSJP is up to date not only regarding current law, but also regarding current technologies supporting public procurement procedures. Their vast experience is an essential benefit.’
‘We work with Mr Jarosław Sroka and Mr Grzegorz Wasiewski. What differs in their approach to their tasks is the readiness to work under really high pressure. It is also very important that these two gentlemen do not work only in reactive mode. They analyse problems by themselves and show invention in protecting our interests.’
Kapsch Telematic Services Sp. z o.o.
SPIE Elbud Gdańsk S.A.
Ericsson Sp. z o.o.
Polaqua Sp. z o.o.
Medtronic Sp. z o.o.
VAMED Sp. z o.o.
P&P Solutions Sp. z o.o.
SBB Energy S.A.
BOMBARDIER Transportation Polska Sp. z o.o.
Berger Bau Polska Sp. z o.o.
Rosetti Marino S.P.A.
Fores Engineering Srl
JSK Architekci Sp. z o.o.
- Advised a consortium including the Kapsch Group on a series of public contracts connected with the implementation of an e-toll.
- Advised Polaqua on a €123m public contract for the design and construction of a section of the A2 motorway.
- Successfully advised SPIE Elbud Gdańsk on a series of public contracts for the provision of power and municipal lighting infrastructure in various locations across Poland.
CZUBLUN TREBICKI Law Office Professional Partnership
Public procurement is a main focus for CZUBLUN TREBICKI Law Office Professional Partnership, which advises both contractors and contracting authorities including international corporations and smaller new entrants to the market. Areas of expertise include drafting correspondences, negotiations with contractors and representing clients before the National Appeal Chamber. Piotr Trębicki and Joanna Hołowińska jointly sit at the helm of the practice.
‘I have been cooperating with the public procurement law team of Czublun Trebicki for years. They are people with enormous legal knowledge, and additionally, which I consider extremely important, in their work they look for solutions in practice, not just legal advice. Their outstanding knowledge of the industry helps them provide the best advice.’
‘What distinguishes Czublun Trebicki Law Firm from others is its comprehensive approach to client problems from a business perspective, which is not limited to legal advice in its classical sense. The good reputation of the law firm speaks for itself. The work done for us is always on time and always brings the expected results. In my opinion, there are three pillars that make the practice of Czublun Trebicki law firm unique: high professional level of legal services, creative approach and openness to challenges.’
‘The law firm is staffed by people with passion. They undertake every task and are helpful in every matter. They respond to questions very quickly. They are available for the client. They adapt to changing situations.’
‘Professionalism, self-control and a variety of options is a decisive element for us in choosing this law firm. The complexities of the legal situation are always thoroughly explained to us, as well as proposed solutions.’
‘Piotr Trębicki, who is an excellent example of a team leader, has extensive experience in legal services. His many years of practice and vast knowledge allow for a professional and comprehensive approach to clients from a business perspective, and his professionalism is evident through his thoroughness and precision in every matter. Piotr’s approach to solving problems is always empathetic, which gives the impression that the cooperation is genuine and not treating the client as just another order.’
‘Joanna Hołowińska deserves a mention because her main attributes are exceptional professionalism, reliability, effectiveness and an individual, creative approach. In my opinion, the combination of such qualities is a guarantee of high-quality legal services.’
‘Piotr Trębicki is a person who deserves a special distinction. His vast knowledge and experience in the field of public procurement law allow him to quickly solve any problems. From my point of view, his business approach to the subject and openness to innovation is important.’
‘It’s a great pleasure to cooperate with Piotr Trębicki and Joanna Hołowińska. They are practitioners, not just theorists so they find the right answers to raised issues right away.’
DXC Technology Polska Sp. z o.o.
Haskoning DHV Polska Sp. z o.o.
3M Poland Sp. z o.o.
ABB Sp. z o.o.
MSD Polska Sp. z o.o.
HP Inc Polska Sp. z o.o.
Corning Optical Communications Polska Sp. z o.o.
Pentacomp Systemy Informatyczne S.A.
Teva Pharmaceuticals Polska Sp. z o.o.
Baxter Polska Sp. z o.o.
Becton Dickinson Polska Sp. z o.o.
Roche Polska Sp. z o.o.
Ex Libris Deutschland GmbH
GTC AMG Sp. z o.o.
Getinge Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Provided DXC Technology Polska Sp. z o.o. with comprehensive legal support and representation during the procedure and negotiation of a contract.
- Acted for Baxter Polska Sp. z o.o. in the preparation of an appeal and representation before the National Appeal Chamber.
- Supported and represented Pentacomp System Informatyczne S.A. in public procurement proceedings for the construction of a nationwide e-procurement platform.
DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k is strong in advising both Polish and international clients on public procurement mandates, government contracts and regulatory issues, with a particular focus on infrastructure projects in the road, rail, energy and defence sectors. Piotr Kunicki leads the team, and counsel Agnieszka Chylińska joined the team in 2021 from DLA Piper, adding strong expertise in complex infrastructure projects. Senior associate Łukasz Gembiś and advocate Paulina Sawicka are also key team members.
Other key lawyers:
Agnieszka Chylińska; Łukasz Gembiś; Paulina Sawicka
‘The DWF Public procurement team provided us with on the spot advice in a very stressful project, usually providing business-oriented advice and well predicted outcomes. They are very pragmatic and can help in the most troublesome situations. Apart from that, they have very good theoretical background and are able to cope even with the most precedent cases.’
‘DWF Poland provides diversified and multifaceted legal and strategic services. The success record is not only impressive when public bodies are involved, but also in cooperating, liaising with or defending against private companies or persons. We strongly recommend cooperation with DWF Poland when public procurement law or construction law applies. Outstanding good experience when discussing PPP-projects and innovation partnership models.’
‘I have worked extensively with Ms. Paulina Sawicka and Mr. Piotr Kunicki. They are a perfect team, brilliantly performing together and supplementing their skills. Paulina is a very hard working and fast thinking lawyer, always coming up with ideas out of the box. Piotr has vast experience coming from his long experience in contentious public procurement matters, thus he can always provide multiple examples of similar cases he was involved in and how they were resolved.’
‘Piotr Kunicki is an expert in public procurement law and construction law. He has a great team putting us into the position so that all interfaces are managed carefully. In case of disputes during or after the tender process in front of the National Appeal Chamber in Poland, he perfectly understands our needs and is able to enforce positive results.’
‘Mrs. Paulina Sawicka is an excellent lawyer in public procurement law, mainly due to previous experience working in public client organisation.’
‘Personally, I have been closely cooperating with Mr Łukasz Gembiś whom I consider an exceptional construction lawyer with a deep understanding of the construction business. The support he has provided was substantial and very efficient. Not only was he analysing the legal grounds of occurring problems, but also he was drawing attention to the economic aspects connected with his recommendations. As a business partner, Mr Gembiś is a kind and helpful person who effectively manages his team. I can definitely recommend his services to future clients.’
Przedsiębiorstwo Usług Technicznych Intercor Sp. z o.o.
Construcciones RUBAU S.A.
Instal Warszawa S.A.
EthosEnergy Sp. z o.o.
Schweerbau GmbH Bauunternehmen Co. KG
Integrale IT Sp. z o.o.
Sinohydro Corporation Ltd.
Ernst & Young Corporate Finance
Paramedica Polska Sp. z o.o.
Diahem AG Diagnostic Products
Siemens Mobility Sp. z o.o.
Siltec Sp. z o.o.
Enter Air Sp. z o.o.
- Represented PUT Intercor Sp. z o.o. during a tendering process and before the National Appeals Chamber in three cases regarding the award by PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. to PUT Intercor the biggest rail modernisation contract in Polish history re railway E75 Czyżew-Białystok.
- Represented Integrale IT Sp. z o.o. before the National Appeals Chamber in three appeal cases arising from a tendering process regarding the delivery of a super computer system.
- Represented the consortium of Graph’IT Sp. z o.o., ECM Group Polska S.A. and Mieszko Niedźwiecki before the National Appeals Chamber in proceedings questioning the award of a design project by Dolnośląskie Centrum Onkologii in Wrocław to Graph’IT consortium.
Hogan Lovells (Warszawa) LLP
The public procurement practice at Hogan Lovells (Warszawa) LLP is adept at advising public entities, private clients and concessionaires regarding infrastructure projects, including preparing pre-implementation analyses, full project documentation, tenders and proceedings. Andrzej Dębiec and counsel Bartosz Clemenz jointly lead the practice.
BBI Development S.A
Saur Polska sp. Z.o.o
Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Energetyki Cieplnej Sp. Z.o.o
Aecom Polska Sp. Z.o.o
- Representing Guivisa in a court dispute resulting from a major construction contract concerning a large sports infrastructure investment, Stadion Śląski in Chorzów.
The public procurement practice at JDP Drapala & Partners advises polish and foreign contractors on all stages of the public procurement procedure, including contentious, regulatory and contractual matters, especially in the infrastructure, energy and services sectors. In particular, the team handles the preparation of tender documentation, represents clients before the National Chamber of Appeal and analyses public procurement regulations on an EU and national level. Wojciech Merkwa heads up the department and was promoted to partner in January 2022.
‘JDP Drapala & Partners are one of the best teams in the area of public procurement that I’ve had the opportunity to work with. This industry requires not only professionalism at the highest level but also keeping track of what is going on the market. With this team I can be sure that the given matter is handled at the highest possible level.’
‘JDP Drapala & Partners represents the highest level of service in the field of public procurement. JDP’s employees represent a very high level of expertise and commitment.’
‘JDP is a top team where the main advantage is in-depth understanding of what is important for the client. They have got excellent experience in public procurement practice encompassing matters arising from the construction and infrastructure sector. I very much enjoy working with them.’
‘Full focus on the problem, reliability in the verification of the facts and immediate contact of law firm employees in highly problematic situations and meeting the declared deadlines.’
‘Based on my experience, the lawyers from JDP always deliver creative, convincing legal arguments concerning issues relevant to the public procurement. Especially Wojciech Merkwa, who is very experienced in the public procurement. He is very meticulous and diligent. I can always ask him about the details of our proceedings.’
‘I mainly have contact with Wojciech Merkwa, the Head of public procurement team. His experience and the knowledge of public procurement make him an excellent practitioner and an indisputable leader. His advice is always to the point and he always keeps the big picture perspective.’
‘Wojciech Merkwa is an expert who is always trying to analyse an issue from all sides. Keeps his clients a step ahead and provides crystal clear communication due to a long-term experience in cooperation with public procurement.’
Polimex Infrastruktura Sp. z o.o.
Polimex Mostostal S.A.
Polimex Energetyka Sp. z o.o.
Track Construction S.A.
NDI Sp .z o.o.
Polbud – Pomorze Sp. z o.o.
Przedsiębiorstwo Usług Technicznych INTERCOR Sp. z o.o.
Mosty Łódź S.A.
Roverpol Sp. z o.o.
Intop Warszawa Sp. z o.o.
EvoBus Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Advised Polimex on the tender proceedings for the award of the multi-million zloty contract for the construction of new tram lines in Olsztyn, including the successful defence of the bid in the National Appeal Chamber and regional courts.
- Represented UNIBEP successfully in the contested bid for the multi-million zloty public contract for the extension of the provincial road No. 835.
- Acted for PORR in proceedings before the National Appeal Chamber and in the appeal proceedings before the Regional Court concerning the public contract for digging across the Vistula Spit, stage II.
Specialist technology firm Maruta Wachta sp. j. has strength in TMT-related public procurement projects, while also handling mandates in the energy, construction, defence and waste management sectors. Chairing the practice from Warsaw is co-founder Bartłomiej Wachta, who is particularly skilled at handling IT infrastructure projects in relation to public procurement procedures. Jakub Krysa left the firm.
Other key lawyers:
‘MW brings a unique quality of provided services that you want to come back for at every opportunity. There are extremely few business partners with whom I repeatedly want to work in the technology sector, who can not only speak IT, but also understand the whole technical aspect of the issue in a formal and legal sense.’
‘THE MARUTA WACHTA team has a unique combination of consolidated competencies from many areas.’
‘Additional support on highest possible level available very quickly. More listening than talking. Looking for back-up solution in advance.’
‘Full commitment and dedication to the case. Wide perspective including both legal and business aspects of the case. Profound knowledge in Public Procurement Law. Deep understanding of the business. Clear and transparent billing rules.’
‘Extensive knowledge as well as a practical approach to solve public procurement challenges. What I appreciate most is the availability and flexibility, as well as out-of-the-box way of thinking.’
‘Bartłomiej Wachta deserves the highest appreciation for his work and vast legal expertise area, with individual approach to each and every customer in parallel.’
Vitronic Machine Vision Polska sp. z o.o.
Fights on Logistics sp. z o.o.
EN: The Social Insurance Institution PL: Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych
EN: Tauron Heat Ltd. PL: Tauron Ciepło sp. z o.o.
EN: Tauron Distribution inc. PL: Tauron Dystrybucja S.A.
Konica Minolta Business Solutions Polska sp. z o.o.
Conduent Business Solutions SAS
Multiconsult Polska sp. z o.o.
Linux Polska sp. z o.o.
Cisco Systems Poland sp. z o. o.
Abramss sp. z o. o.
Ceva Freight Poland sp. z o.o.
EN: National Cloud Operator PL: Operator Chmury Krajowej
- Represented Vitronic Machine Vision Polska sp. z o.o. before the National Appeal Chamber in public procurement procedures for the design, construction and maintenance of control points for the control system in the electronic toll collection system of the National Revenue Administration.
- Advised Fights on Logistics sp. z o.o. on public procurement law matters in procurement proceedings relating to forwarding goods for the Polish Army.
- Supporting EN: The Social Insurance Institution PL: Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych in preparation for the tender procedure for the provision of services to support the operation and maintenance of a comprehensive IT System.
Pieróg & Partnerzy
Pieróg & Partnerzy acts for domestic and international clients, both procurers and contractors, in the energy, IT, rail, construction and waste management sectors. The team also represents clients before the National Appeals Chamber. Owner and founder of the firm, and member of the Association of Public Procurement, Jerzy Pieróg and company law and public procurement specialist Joanna Presz-Król jointly lead the practice.
‘They are well-oriented in how law works in action and they finely combine expertise from different regulated markets. Partners excel in business-oriented advice.’
‘The law firm specialises in advising on matters regarding public grants, including financing projects from EU funds. They have a strong team of experienced professionals able to find solutions to various problems a company may encounter during proceedings and audits of the use of public funds.’
‘Time of response from PIERÓG & Partnerzy is very unique for the kind of services they provide. All of employees have exceptional knowledge of the topic they are currently working. They are always ready to respond, and they surpass the expectations on how fast they resolve or give their opinion on any kind of legal issue.’
‘PIERÓG & Partnerzy specialises in public procurement procedures and this undoubtedly distinguishes it, but an important issue is the possibility of providing services in other areas, e.g. environmental protection, administrative proceedings, construction process. PIERÓG & Partnerzy has a team that is able to provide comprehensive and professional services according to the client’s needs.’
‘This legal firm provides advice tailor made for the client. They adjust to every case they receive from the client. Leading manager is always available for the client.’
‘I work the most with my patron Joanna Presz-Król. She is a very experienced and versatile person, and at the same time always caring about the client’s interests.’
‘Jerzy Pieróg and Joanna Presz-Król understand client needs and manage the team with the aim of the client.’
Social Insurance Institution
Regional Director for Environmental Protection in Bydgoszcz
Energy Corporation in Siedlce sp z o.o.
Fast City Rail Sp. z o.o.
Solidarity Transport Hub Poland
Court of Appeal in Warsaw
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
Cancer Center Hospital in Kielce
National Water Management Holding Polish Waters
Rohill Engineering B.V. / Rohill Technologies B.V.
Research Institute of Horticulture in Skierniewice
Varian Mecical Systems
Central Archives of Modern Records
The Witelon StateUniversity of Applied Sciences in Legnica
National Freedom Institute
Polskie Linie Kolejowe PLK S.A.
PHU “Urbanowski” Zenon Urbanowski
MS-EKO Sp. z o.o.
Diagnos Sp. z o.o.
Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Realizacji Inwestycji w Warszawie Sp. z o.o.
The “Wieliczka” Salt Mine
The city of Konin
National Center for Agriculture Support
Polish Post S.A.
- Advised Social Insurance Institution in the tender named “Maintenance of the Complex IT System of the Social Insurance Institution.”
- Advised National Water Management Holding Polish Waters on an engineering investment.
- Advised Regional Director for Environmental Protection in Bydgoszcz on an innovation partnership procedure.
Wardynski & Partners
The Wroclaw-based public procurement team at Wardynski & Partners handles domestic and EU matters for clients including governmental authorities, utility companies, power plants and transport operators, including the organisation of tenders, negotiations of and amendments to contractual and financing packages, execution of projects and resolution of pre-court disputes. The practice also handles bid rigging matters and M&A-related public procurement matters. Of recent note is the team’s advice on an incineration plant project in Warsaw carried out by Posco E&C. Mirella Lechna-Marchewka and Anna Prigan jointly chair the department.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very professional team with strong leadership. Able to support companies in almost all areas. Always up to date with current regulations.’
‘The most unique part of the team is the language they use; it’s language for non-lawyers, easy to understand where the issue is and it’s really supportive when making decisions. If the cooperation is long-term, then they are able to act like in-house lawyers.’
‘We use the services of the Wardynski law firm mainly in the field of PPL. Advice is always provided promptly in a clear and transparent manner, taking into account up-to-date legal provisions and a wealth of experience in jurisprudence on provisions that could be ambiguously interpreted.’
‘What makes them different from the competitors is their overall performance. Time of responding is always short and answers are complete. Stand out partners are Anna Prigan and Mirella Lechna.’
‘Wardynski & Partners, especially Ms. Lechna, the leader of the team, is not only capable but also proactive in all tasks. The team members, including Ms. Prigan, are very cooperative and meticulous.’
‘The persons with whom we most often cooperate in public procurement is Mrs. Anna Prigan and Mrs. Mirella Lechna. I assess both attorneys at law as experts in the field of public procurement law. I appreciate the instant response to reported cases that require legal support.’
Bureau Veritas Polska Sp. z o.o.
Centiro Solutions AB
China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd.
China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Company
COOK (UK) Ltd.
DB Netz AG
Dolnośląskie Centrum Onkologii we Wrocławiu
Diller Scofidio + Renfro
Fundacja Centrum PPP
Grimaldi Studio Legale
Mitsubishi Power Europe GmbH
Hach Lange GmbH
LG CNS Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Europe Ltd. Sp. z o.o. Oddział w Polsce
PKP Energetyka S.A.
Posco Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.
SBB Energy S.A.
UAB MT Group
Undenkaupungin Työvene Oy
- Advised Posco Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. on the project ‘Construction of a waste incineration plant in Targówek in Warsaw’.
- Advised Mitsubishi Power Europe GmbH on the construction of a 430-450MWe power block at the Turów Power Plant.
- Advised Systra S.A. on a project relating to the development of the Małaszewicze cargo handling area.
Eversheds Sutherland Poland advises public entities and contractors throughout all stages of the procurement lifecycle, including preparing and conducting proceedings, amending contracts and settling contractual claims. Michał Drozdowicz leads the practice and is active in advising clients on public contracts and handling the related disputes.
City of Warsaw
Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne
- Advised Polish and Lithuanian transmission system operators on the public procurement matters related to the Harmony Link Project matters.
- Represented Veolia Warsaw in the public procurement dispute related to exclusion from the tender on the alleged distortion of competition on local market.
- Advised MODERTRANS POZNAŃ Sp. z o.o. on approximately two €50m each tenders for supplies of tramways in Poland.
KKLW Legal Kurzynski Wierzbicki sp.k.
KKLW Legal Kurzyński Wierzbicki sp.k. advises both contractors and contracting parties on public procurement projects, from the tender procedure to the performance of contract, as well as representing clients in the National Appeals Chamber. Litigator Przemyslaw Wierzbicki heads up the department.
‘Professionalism, clarity in thinking and justifying, speed of reaction.’
‘The team was a real help in sorting things out with quick responses.’
Arup Polska Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością
Hochtief Polska S. A.
Garden – Com Sp. z o.o.
- Representing Arup Polska Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością in proceedings before National Appeals Chamber.
- Providing PKP POLSKIE LINIE KOLEJOWE S.A. with ongoing services in the field of public procurement law.
- Providing Hochtief Polska S. A. with ongoing services in the field of public procurement law.
NGL Legal has an interdisciplinary team with lawyers specialising in regulatory, corporate and commercial law working on all stages of public procurement matters for contractors, with a strong focus on the defence, security and aviation sectors. The practice is jointly led by Krzysztof Wiater and Jarosław Witek.
‘Our company faced one of its biggest and most challenging international transactions essential to our strategic initiatives. It involved numerous parties and myriad perspectives from impacted actors. Through the dogged determination of NGL’s team, we were able to close the deal favourably after many years of effort.’
‘Krzysztof Wiater and Jarosław Witek showed dedication and commitment to our company and to getting the job done with the best possible result for all involved – rarely found in an outside counsel firm.’
- Advising Raytheon Company on offset matters connected with a large defence procurement of Phase I mid-range air and missile defence system.
SDZLEGAL SCHINDHELM advises clients on a range of public procedure matters, especially regarding construction-related projects . Anna Specht-Schampera leads the department and has expertise representing Polish and foreign contractors in municipal projects, including in the waste management sector. Witold Sławiński and associate Adriana Gostępska also contribute to the practice.
Other key lawyers:
‘Brilliant knowledge on Public Procurement, always devoted and very well prepared, strategies are developed carefully, and they are trustful.’
‘Accessible and transparent, always delivering honest and clear opinions, professional and the highest ethical standards.’
‘The SDZLegal team has become known as professional and far-reaching in dealing with the issues raised in the implemented projects. Quick response to the issues raised, active and professional participation in the process. The firm brings a lot of its own experience to the process of negotiating contract terms with the client and how to achieve them.’
‘We cooperate primarily with attorney Witold Sławiński and associate Adriana Gostępska who are always substantively prepared for meetings, active in creating necessary solutions, impeccable personal culture, punctuality, taking care of the client’s image in front of contractors. Excellent knowledge of English, which is necessary when representing our company in international contracts and legal issues.’
Daikin Airconditioning Poland
The Polish Association of Construction Employers
INSTAL-FILTER Przemysłowe Systemy OchronyPowietrza S.A.
Max Streicher S.p.A.
Wojciech Byśkiniewicz, operating under business name: „BYŚ” Wojciech Byśkiniewicz