Paul McBride > Cleaver Fulton Rankin > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Cleaver Fulton Rankin Offices
50 BEDFORD STREET
- Go to...
Corporate & Commercial
Paul is a Director and Head of the Corporate & Commercial team at Cleaver Fulton Rankin.
Paul is recognised as a leading lawyer in Corporate & Commercial, specialising in corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, with particular experience in the technology sector.
Paul has advised leading local, national and international businesses on mergers & acquisitions, equity finance and intellectual property.
Paul was previously a partner in leading UK and Irish law firms and head of office in a top 100 international practice.
He is ranked Band 1 in Chambers UK and Chambers Europe for Corporate and is recognised in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame in Corporate & Commercial law and in TMT.
Paul is a member of the Law Society of Northern Ireland and former member of the Northern Ireland Bar.
Paul has an undergraduate law degree from Queen’s University, Belfast and a Master of Laws from Cambridge University.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Cleaver Fulton Rankin act on both contentious and non-contentious matters, and are particularly active in the technology and software sector. The team is co-led by litigator Michael King, who is experienced in contentious IP, and corporate partner Paul McBride, who joined the firm from Davidson McDonnell Solicitors in January 2022.
Cleaver Fulton Rankin‘s multidisciplinary team is particularly known for its work in the telecoms sector, but also acts for high-profile fintech and cybersecurity companies. Team head Joe Marley also leads the firm’s commercial property team, putting his expertise to use when advising tech companies on real estate elements of investment and infrastructure projects. Paul McBride joined the firm from Davidson McDonnell Solicitors in January 2022, and brings his extensive technology M&A track record to the table. Aaron Moore is also noted.
Cleaver Fulton Rankin‘s offering is active in both property and project finance, and benefits from cross-departmental support from within the firm. The team acts across the entirety of Ireland and the UK for major clients such as Deloitte, AIB Bank and Whitehawk Capital Partners. Team head Stephen Cross is widely recognised for his work advising lenders operating in Northern Ireland, and has developed a practice in providing regulatory advice for banks. He is supported by Paul McBride, who joined the firm in January 2022 from Davidson McDonnell Solicitors. Solicitor Jennifer Rankin is a frequent team member.
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Banking and finance - Northern Ireland > Finance
- IT and telecoms - Northern Ireland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Intellectual property - Northern Ireland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Dispute resolution
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant