Neasa Quigley > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Neasa is senior partner and joint head of Carson McDowell’s corporate team. She specialises in mergers and acquisitions and also has considerable experience in management buy-outs and buy-ins, private equity transactions, company reorganisations and corporate governance matters. She works across a range of sectors with particular experience in technology and renewable energy fields. Neasa also heads up the firm’s energy team.
Trained William Fry Solicitors in Dublin; qualified 1997; associate 2000. Joined Tughans Solicitors in Belfast 2001; partner 2003. Joined Carson McDowell as partner in September 2010 – 2019; senior parter 2019 – to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland; Company and Commercial Lawyers Group.
Trinity College, Dublin (BA (Hons) History).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
As a leading Belfast firm, Carson McDowell has longstanding experience in the manufacturing sector and is also becoming a key name in Northern Ireland’s emerging tech sector. Richard Gray heads up the ‘very professional’ team and is highly skilled in M&A, corporate finance and competition work. Senior partner Neasa Quigley is a respected name for private equity work, with a particular emphasis on technology and more specifically IT infrastructure. On the manufacturing side, Gerard Armstrong is active in the agri-foods sector, with additional strengths in the waste and construction sectors.
Carson McDowell has a diverse offering and particularly stands out for its expertise in advising private equity houses on energy investments; it assisted Brookfield Renewables with its investments in Northern Ireland. Other core areas of focus for the group span wind energy work, natural gas mandates and electricity regulations. The team is led by Neasa Quigley, who is an expert in corporate energy deals. Corporate partner Gerard Armstrong is also active in this area, along with planning specialist Gary McGhee, financing expert Sinead McGrath, as well as property experts Emma Cooper and Dawson McConkey.
- Corporate and M&A - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial
- Energy, project finance and PFI - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment