Neasa Quigley > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Neasa is senior partner and joint head of Carson McDowell’s corporate team. She specialises in mergers and acquisitions and also has considerable experience in management buy-outs and buy-ins, private equity transactions, company reorganisations and corporate governance matters. She works across a range of sectors with particular experience in technology and renewable energy fields. Neasa also heads up the firm’s energy team.
Trained William Fry Solicitors in Dublin; qualified 1997; associate 2000. Joined Tughans Solicitors in Belfast 2001; partner 2003. Joined Carson McDowell as partner in September 2010 – 2019; senior parter 2019 – to date.
Law Society of Northern Ireland; Company and Commercial Lawyers Group.
Trinity College, Dublin (BA (Hons) History).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The practice at Carson McDowell runs the gamut of corporate, commercial and finance work relating to energy projects, and also draws on the support of planning and environment specialist Gary McGhee. Neasa Quigley, who leads the team, is an expert in energy-related corporate transactions. Project finance work is primarily handled by Sinead McGrath, while property work is Emma Cooper‘s core area of expertise. Gerard Armstrong has extensive experience in PFI/PPP work.
Carson McDowell is a key name in the market for corporate deals involving the energy and agri-food industries, with a growing foothold in the private equity and venture capital arenas. The ‘truly exceptional’ Richard Gray leads the team and advises major domestic companies including SHS Group and Lagan Investments. Neasa Quigley is a key name for energy and private equity work and was made senior partner in 2019, while Gerard Armstrong stands out for his skills in the agri-food, waste and construction sectors. Former managing partner Michael Johnston is now a consultant.
- Corporate and M&A - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial
- Energy, project finance and PFI - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment