Emma Cooper > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Partner commercial property. Advises in respect of the acquisition, disposal and leasing of commercial property within Northern Ireland and England and Wales, with a particular specialism within the energy sector and advising energy companies in respect of the acquisition and disposal of property interests and property aspects of energy projects. Recent cases/clients: advising various companies including ESB, SSE, Infinis, TCI Renewables respectively in respect of the acquisition of various energy interests within Northern Ireland and advising generally in respect of the property aspects of energy projects; advising Bord Gais and Storenergy in respect of the property aspects of the development of an underground gas facility, acting on behalf of several developers in respect of the leasing, acquisition and disposal of property interests in Northern Ireland and England and Wales, including interests within the leisure sector and various shopping centres.
Trained Herbert Smith, London; qualified 2002; associate Carson McDowell 2006; partner Carson McDowell 2010 to date.
Law Society Northern Ireland; Law Society England and Wales.
High Leys Community College; Exeter University (Law 2(1) (Exhons)); College of Law, Guildford (LPC – Distinction).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carson McDowell advises on some of the biggest property transactions in the market, with a client base that includes major foreign investors such as Threadneedle and Investec, as well as local names such as Belfast International Airport. Dawson McConkey leads the team and has a special interest in the property aspects of major energy deals. Emma Cooper is another key member and similarly has a strong focus on the energy sector. Former practice head Rosemary Carson continues to work with the team as a consultant.
The practice at Carson McDowell runs the gamut of corporate, commercial and finance work relating to energy projects, and also draws on the support of planning and environment specialist Gary McGhee. Neasa Quigley, who leads the team, is an expert in energy-related corporate transactions. Project finance work is primarily handled by Sinead McGrath, while property work is Emma Cooper‘s core area of expertise. Gerard Armstrong has extensive experience in PFI/PPP work.
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Energy, project finance and PFI - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment