Emma Cooper > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Partner commercial property. Advises in respect of the acquisition, disposal and leasing of commercial property within Northern Ireland and England and Wales, with a particular specialism within the energy sector and advising energy companies in respect of the acquisition and disposal of property interests and property aspects of energy projects. Recent cases/clients: advising various companies including ESB, SSE, Infinis, TCI Renewables respectively in respect of the acquisition of various energy interests within Northern Ireland and advising generally in respect of the property aspects of energy projects; advising Bord Gais and Storenergy in respect of the property aspects of the development of an underground gas facility, acting on behalf of several developers in respect of the leasing, acquisition and disposal of property interests in Northern Ireland and England and Wales, including interests within the leisure sector and various shopping centres.
Trained Herbert Smith, London; qualified 2002; associate Carson McDowell 2006; partner Carson McDowell 2010 to date.
Law Society Northern Ireland; Law Society England and Wales.
High Leys Community College; Exeter University (Law 2(1) (Exhons)); College of Law, Guildford (LPC – Distinction).
Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial propertyWithin: Leading individuals -
Carson McDowell has ‘comprehensive knowledge‘ and a ‘client-friendly approach‘. The team advises on local and international investments and major developments in the region, and is noted for its extensive experience in the retail sector, acting for a significant number of retail tenants as well as the landlords of shopping centres and retail parks. Dawson McConkey took over as head of the practice in 2018, following Rosemary Carson‘s move to a consultancy role; both he and Emma Cooper have particular expertise in the energy sector.
Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
Carson McDowell has advised on a range of significant regional energy projects, including the construction of gas distribution networks and power stations, and the sale, acquisition and project financing of wind turbine and AD projects. The team has recently expanded its client base to include a number of energy sector businesses and utilities companies. Practice head Neasa Quigley specialises in M&A and equity funding in the sector. Gary McGhee and Emma Cooper advise on the planning and property aspects of energy projects.
- Commercial property - Northern Ireland > Real estate
- Energy - Northern Ireland > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Real estate > Commercial property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment