Richard Gray > Carson McDowell > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Carson McDowell Offices
- Go to...
Richard is a partner and heads Carson McDowell’s corporate team. His main areas of practice are in corporate and finance work. He has more than 20 years experience in mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance work. He has advised on numerous high value transactions in recent years both in Northern Ireland and Britain and has been recognised as a leading figure in corporate law in Northern Ireland.
Called to Northern Ireland Bar 1989; CMS Cameron McKenna (London) 1989-92; re-qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and Northern Ireland 1992; L’Estrange & Brett, Belfast 1992-2009, partner 1996; partner McGrigor LLP following its merger with L’Estrange & Brett 2009-11; partner Pinsent Masons LLP 2011-13; partner Carson McDowell 2014 to date. Directorship: Council member of the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce.
Law Society of England and Wales; Law Society of Northern Ireland.
Methodist College, Belfast; Queen’s University, Belfast (1988 LLB (Hons)).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
- Hall of Fame - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment