Raquel Stein > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Corporate/commercial law; M&A transactions; Commercial Agreements especially distribution and agency; and Cross-border projects.
Raquel Stein’s practice focuses on the commercial contracts area, with particular expertise in international transactions and in matters pertaining to distribution, franchising, and sales representation. She has a track record in handling corporate matters, having been engaged in several M&A transactions in Brazil and in Latin American countries.
Her mastery of multiple languages allows her to work in implementing international projects, representing national and international clients.
She is also a member of the multidisciplinary ESG team of the firm, providing legal counseling to clients from many sectors in matters related to her core practice areas.
Portuguese (native), English, Spanish, and French
- Brazilian Bar Association
- Women in Law Mentoring Brazil (founder and current board member)
- International Steering Committee of the Women in the Profession of the Vance Center for International Justice.
- Master’s degree in Private Law from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)- 2011
- Post-graduate diploma in Civil Procedural Law from the Brazilian Academy of Civil Procedure Law (ABDPC) -2008
- Bachelor of Laws from the Catholic Pontifical University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC- RS)- 2005
Working in close collaboration with the firm’s tax, labour, real estate and competition departments, the corporate team at Souto Correa Advogados is rated for its track record in complex mandates involving joint ventures, M&A, corporate restructurings and foreign investment. The group is a popular choice for large domestic and international companies pertaining to the energy, agribusiness, tech, manufacturing and software segments, and is noted for its expertise in corporate governance, minority shareholder issues and commercial contracts. Rodrigo Tellechea, who is often engaged in corporate and commercial litigation, leads the practice alongside Raquel Stein, a key contact for cross-border projects, and Fernanda Girardi Tavares, who focuses on commercial, infrastructure and technology contracts. Another key name in the team is Carlos Souto, who regularly advises on complex M&A and commercial transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons