Rodrigo Tellechea > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Arbitration; Capital Markets; Corporate Law and M&A; Restructuring and Insolvency; Startup Hub; and Wealth and Succession Planning.
Partner and head of the firm´s Corporate and M&A practice.
Rodrigo Tellechea’s practice focuses on consultancy and litigation in corporate law, arbitration and restructuring and insolvency, assisting national and international clients from a wide range of sectors in domestic and foreign matters.
He is a member of the multidisciplinary team of the firm’s Startup Hub and stands out as an expert in counseling startups and related matters.
He is an honorary associate of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies (IEE), of which he was chairman in the 2016/2017 term, having led the organization of the 30th Liberty Forum (Fórum da Liberdade).
He is an author of books and articles, a professor in post-graduate programs, and a speaker at many events in his area of expertise.
Portuguese (native), English, and Spanish
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAR).
- Member of the Arbitration Committee of OAB-RS
- Coordinator of the LL.M. Program in Business Law at the Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos (Unisinos)
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association Brazil (TMA)
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Turnaround Studies (IBR)
- Member of the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Honorary Associate of Instituto de Estudos Empresariais (IEE)
- PhD in Commercial Law from Universidade de São Paulo – 2015
- Alumni of the Global Competitiveness Leadership Program (GCL), through which he obtained a specialist degree in Leadership and Business from the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University (USA) – 2014
- Visiting Researcher, Banking, Finance and Corporate Law, Columbia Law School, 2012
- Visiting Researcher, Banking, Finance and Corporate Law, New York University School of Law, 2021
- Specialist in Corporate Law from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)- 2009
- Bachelor of Laws from the Catholic Pontifical University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC- RS)- 2006
Lecturer in extension courses and post-graduation programs in Commercial Law
Working in close collaboration with other departments in the firm (including tax, labour, competition and bankruptcy), the corporate and M&A group at Souto Correa Advogados offers multidisciplinary advice in the context of M&A deals, corporate restructurings and joint venture agreements. The team, which is often retained by major players in the energy, technology, agribusiness, infrastructure and manufacturing sectors, excels in foreign investment mandates, where it acts for global and regional clients in incorporations, restructurings or the expansion of operations in Brazil. The practice is under the joint leadership of managing partner Carlos Souto and Rodrigo Tellechea, both of whom possess in-depth knowledge of M&A transactions, corporate reorganisations and contractual structures. Gilberto Deon Corrêa Junior and the ‘incredibly talented‘ Mauricio Negri Paschoal are also recommended for corporate, commercial and M&A matters. Clarissa Yokomizo excels in cross-border transactions, joint ventures and financing issues. The firm’s diversity committee is focused on the promotion of measures to reduce unconscious biases in hiring processes and career progression. It has recently partnered up with Pretos no Direito and Black Tax Matters, which seek to connect black students and professionals and companies that are committed to making the legal profession more diverse and inclusive.
Working in close collaboration with the firm’s tax, labour, real estate and competition departments, the corporate team at Souto Correa Advogados is rated for its track record in complex mandates involving joint ventures, M&A, corporate restructurings and foreign investment. The group is a popular choice for large domestic and international companies pertaining to the energy, agribusiness, tech, manufacturing and software segments, and is noted for its expertise in corporate governance, minority shareholder issues and commercial contracts. Rodrigo Tellechea, who is often engaged in corporate and commercial litigation, leads the practice alongside Raquel Stein, a key contact for cross-border projects, and Fernanda Girardi Tavares, who focuses on commercial, infrastructure and technology contracts. Another key name in the team is Carlos Souto, who regularly advises on complex M&A and commercial transactions.
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre
- Next Generation Partners - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Corporate and M&A - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons