Fernanda Girardi Tavares > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Fernanda Girardi Tavares
Consumer and Product Liability, Contracts, Real Estate, Data Protection, and Corporate Law and M&A.
With over two decades of experience in commercial contracts, including the development and negotiation of infrastructure, distribution, and technology contracts, Fernanda Tavares has wide experience counseling Brazilian and international clients on contractual and data protection matters.
She provides counseling on a regular basis to businesses operating in a wide variety of fields, such as alternative energy, technology, construction, electronics, and service industries.
She also counsels clients in complicated mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions as well as incorporation of joint ventures.
Portuguese (native), English, and Italian.
- Member of the Legal Intelligence Committee of the Brazilian Association of Information Technology Companies (ASSESPRO)
- Member of the International Association of Privacy (IAPP)
- Master’s degree in Private Law from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2008
- Post-graduate diploma in Contracts and Civil Liability from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2002
- Bachelor of Laws from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) – 2000
Coordinator of the Data Protection Committee of the Federation of Business Entities of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL)
- Currently serving as a substitute assistant lecturer at the Department of Private Law and Civil Procedural Law at the Law School at UFRGS, where she has previously taught students in the courses of Civil Law, Institutions of Law, and Intellectual Property (2009)
- Guest lecturer of the post-graduate program in Contracts at the University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos (UNISINOS)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Working in close collaboration with the firm’s tax, labour, real estate and competition departments, the corporate team at Souto Correa Advogados is rated for its track record in complex mandates involving joint ventures, M&A, corporate restructurings and foreign investment. The group is a popular choice for large domestic and international companies pertaining to the energy, agribusiness, tech, manufacturing and software segments, and is noted for its expertise in corporate governance, minority shareholder issues and commercial contracts. Rodrigo Tellechea, who is often engaged in corporate and commercial litigation, leads the practice alongside Raquel Stein, a key contact for cross-border projects, and Fernanda Girardi Tavares, who focuses on commercial, infrastructure and technology contracts. Another key name in the team is Carlos Souto, who regularly advises on complex M&A and commercial transactions.
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre
- Next Generation Partners - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons