Mrs Gabriella Maranesi Najjar > Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados Offices
RUA SÃO TOMÉ 86
SÃO PAULO, SP, 04551-080
- Go to...
Mrs Gabriella Maranesi Najjar
M&A / Finance / Infrastructure
Partner – M&A / Finance / Infrastructure
Gabriella Maranesi Najjar is a partner in the Corporate and Finance practice in the São Paulo office, and is also the head of the Capital Markets practice group for Latin America and the Caribbean and one of the global practice leaders. Before joining the firm in 2018, Gabriella practiced for 8 years at Barbosa, Mussnich, Aragão Advogados and for 3 years at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown.
Gabriella has nearly 20 years of experience in complex transactions, acting in all kinds of investments, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. She assists clients in numerous corporate and governance matters, with focus in publicly held entities.
She also focuses her practice project finance and development, corporate finance, trade finance, acquisition finance, asset-based lending, bonds and notes issuances.
With particular expertise in Infrastructure & Energy, Gabriella has been involved in some of the most significant deals in the industry, including: (i) the M&A transaction that formed the largest Brazilian private player in the electrical energy sector, as well as its subsequent corporate restructuring, tender offer and IPO; (ii) a R$4.3 billion transaction to share the control of one of the largest toll road players in Brazil; (iii) the formation of a JV between three major airlines in Latin America and the USA; (iv) acting as counsel to the controlling shareholders of one of the largest Brazilian integrated port systems operators in connection with the sale of the controlling equity investment held by it in the country’s second largest private port terminal; and (v) the assistance to leading international group on the acquisition of two important transmission lines in Brazil, as well as in the negotiation of the corresponding shareholders’ agreement, EPC and financing agreements.
Portuguese, English and Spanish.
- Member of the Banking and Capital Markets Commissions of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB);
- Banking and Capital Markets Professor at ESA;
- Brazilian Co-Head of Dentons Women Lead initiative;
- Author of several articles in prestigious publications, such as: Revista de Direito Bancário e do Mercado de Capitais, Revista de Direito das Sociedades e dos Valores Mobiliários, Revista Capital Aberto, Practical Law Multi Jurisdictional Guide, etc.
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Specialization in Business Law (Corporate and Capital Markets);
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Specialization in Banking Law;
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro – PUC/RJ, Bachelor of Laws (J.D.).
- “O processo administrativo sancionador da CVM e o crime de manipulação de mercado”. In: Revista de Direito das Sociedades e dos Valores Mobiliários, n. 1. São Paulo: Almedina, 2015.
- “Capital Markets 2014: Brazil”. In: Practical Law Multi-Jurisdictional Guide: Capital Markets. London: Practical Law Company LTD, 2014/2015.
- “Capital Markets 2012: Brazil”. In: Practical Law Multi-Jurisdictional Guide: Capital Markets. London: Practical Law Company LTD, 2012/2013. p. 113-121.
- “Transparência e segurança jurídica”. In: Revista de Direito Bancário e do Mercado de Capitais, n. 44. São Paulo: Revista dos Tribunais, 2009. p. 118-125.
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados represents a broad selection of domestic and international borrowers and lenders. The firm regularly advises on acquisition and project financings, as well as syndicated loans and sector-related corporate work. The team also has an increased focus on regulatory matters for fintech companies, including advice on payment products, credit cards, joint venture agreements and banking services. Corporate finance partners Gabriella Maranesi Najjar, Denise Chachamovitz Leão de Salles and Rodrigo Vilardo Vella each have a good track record in this area. The firm’s alliance with Dentons gives it an edge in cross-border matters.
The experienced capital markets team at Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados is especially active on the debt side. The team can regularly be found advising real estate companies and investment funds on CRI issuances, and it also has good expertise assisting clients in the energy and financial services sectors. The lawyers also advise on capital markets in the context of broader issues, including restructurings and M&A, while the firm’s strategic alliance with Dentons helps in cross-border matters. Gabriella Maranesi Najjar leads the team, with Daniel Lopes Coelho often involved in real estate offerings.
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados continues to attract top-end M&A mandates, regularly acting on behalf of numerous household names in the healthcare, retail, energy, financial services, and media and entertainment industries, to name a few. Its strategic alliance with Dentons makes it a popular choice for clients, including private equity and financial services players, engaged in high-value, cross-border transactions with ties to Brazil. As a result of this association, the firm has implemented a global strategic business plan based on four main pillars (grow, protect, operate and finance), through which it has already adopted numerous cybersecurity measures and technological tools to address clients’ most pressing needs. Corporate partner Bruna Gobbi serves as co-head of the firm’s D&I committee and WomenLEAD In Brazil, a programme centred around gender equality in the legal profession. The corporate and M&A group is under the joint leadership of founding partners Frederico Buosi and Rodrigo Vilardo Vella, both of whom possess decades of experience in corporate transactions, including joint ventures and private equity investments. Denise Chachamovitz Leão de Salles specialises in M&A and compliance matters; Gabriella Maranesi Najjar is a key figure in the group, with a particular focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors; and recently promoted partner Fernanda Le Tassinari is singled out for her track record in the life sciences space. Fernando Henrique Lopes, who was also welcomed to the partnership, ‘is an invaluable advisor‘ in the areas of corporate law and compliance.