Mr Luis Renato Ferreira da Silva > TozziniFreire Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
AV. CARLOS GOMES 222 OPUS ONE 5º ANDAR
90480-000 PORTO ALEGRE
- Go to...
Mr Luis Renato Ferreira da Silva
Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Litigation, Arbitration.
Specialist in Corporate Law, Contract Law, Litigation and Arbitration related to such matters at TozziniFreire´s Porto Alegre office, Luis Renato is also a professor at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, and brings to the firm a distinguished academic background focused on Civil and Contract Law. In private practice, he has built a reputation for his exceptional performance in frequent work before the State Court of Rio Grande do Sul and the Superior Court of Justice in Brasília, and many other arbitration proceedings.
- Associate Professor of the Department of Private Law and Civil Procedure at UFRGS (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul).
- Member of CAM/CCBC (Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce) list of referees; CAMERS/FIERGS (Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation Chamber of the Center for Industries of the State of Rio Grande do Sul) and CAM/FEDERASUL (Chamber of Mediation and Arbitration of the Trade Federation of Rio Grande do Sul).
- Doctor of Laws degree from the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo).
- Master’s degree from the Law School of UFRGS (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul).
- Graduate of the Law School of PUCRS (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul), 1987.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
TozziniFreire Advogados‘ broad service offering covers the full array of contentious matters, including class actions, commercial disputes, distribution agreements litigation, shareholder conflicts and IP litigation. Practitioners have solid experience in litigation and arbitration, and regularly act for well-known domestic and international companies. The department is led by four partners: Eduardo Mariotti, who is experienced in arbitration arising from M&A transactions and construction contracts; civil litigation expert Gabriela Vitiello Wink; Luis Renato Ferreira da Silva, whose areas of expertise include corporate and contractual disputes; and Vinícius de Oliveira Berni, who is noted for regulatory and administrative proceedings. Guilherme Carneiro Monteiro Nitschke is a name to note for commercial and investment arbitration.
The Porto Alegre office of TozziniFreire Advogados is a go-to destination for Southern Brazilian companies involved in major transactions and cross-border corporate transactions. The practice is best known for its expertise in M&A and corporate restructurings, but also demonstrates strength in capital markets, contractual matters and compliance. Its diverse client list operates in a range of industries, including technology, food and beverage, financial services and healthcare. Contract law expert Luis Renato Ferreira da Silva oversees the team alongside dual-qualified Maria Bofill, whose areas of expertise include M&A, private equity and foreign investment. Daniel Born Roman is another name to note in the department.
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre
- Leading individuals - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media