Mr Antonio Marzagão Barbuto Neto > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Antonio Marzagão Barbuto Neto
Litigation, Arbitration , Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, Education
Partner in the Arbitration and Litigation practice groups, Tony has wide experience in cases before Brazilian courts and complex arbitration matters before domestic and international arbitration institutions, as well as in the assistance to Brazilian clients with New York-related disputes. He served as a foreign associate in the New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton and is licensed to practice law in the courts of that state. Tony also represents clients in advertising cases brought before the Brazilian Advertising Self-Regulating Body (CONAR).
- Member of IADC (International Association of Defense Counsel).
- Member of NYSBA (New York State Bar Association).
- Member of the Advisory Board at ITA (Institute for Transnational Arbitration).
- Specialized degree in Business Management from Business School São Paulo, 2007.
- M. in General Studies from the New York University School of Law, USA, 2005.
- Graduate of the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 2001.
High-value commercial disputes are at the core of the litigation practice at TozziniFreire Advogados, which represents clients from several industries, including infrastructure, banking and technology. The team, which is also noted for its knowledge of the automotive sector, excels in contractual and technology-related disputes. Fernando Eduardo Serec has considerable experience in contentious matters involving financial contracts and administrative law. He jointly leads the practice with Luíz Virgílio Pimenta Penteado Manente, who is highly regarded for consumer litigation. Mônica Mendonça Costa is a highly regarded practitioner for contentious matters arising from M&A and real estate transactions. Other noteworthy practitioners include Antonio Marzagão Barbuto Neto. Since publication, Julio Neves left the firm, in March 2022.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- International trade
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Life sciences
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Media
- TMT: Telecoms
- Intellectual property