Mr Luis Alberto Letelier > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Luis Alberto Letelier
- Capital Markets
- Compliance & Corporate Governance
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Investment Funds and Mutual Funds
- Private Equity
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz.
- Partner, Barros & Errázuriz (1996).
- Foreign Associate, Simpson, Thacher y Bartlett LLP, New York, United States (2003).
Spanish and English
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Chairman, Chilean Association of Investment Fund Administrators (ACAFI, spanish acronym for Asociación Chilena Administradoras de Fondos de Inversión).
- Member of the Capital Markets Advisory Council of the Ministry of Finance
- Law School, Universidad Finis Terrae, Santiago, Chile, 1997
- LL.M., American University, Washington, D.C., United States, 2003
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Barros & Errázuriz fields one of the largest, most specialised capital markets teams in the Chilean legal market. Both domestically and internationally, the team consistently advises on the issuance of securities and public offerings of bonds, shares and other securities. The team also assists with local and foreign investment fund placements; is strongly supported by the firm’s M&A, corporate, tax and real estate practices; and boasts longstanding expertise in capital markets regulations. Luis Alberto Letelier, whose key clients include BTG Pactual and Ameris, heads the capital markets department, which also showcases: Cristián Barros, who has over 30 years’ experience in capital markets advisory work; Víctor Barros who handler issuer registrations and the issuance and placement of private and public investment funds and bonds; and Javier Díaz, the team’s regulatory expert. Also integral to the practice group: associated practice director Juan Cristóbal Schmidt; and senior associates José Miguel Diez (recently returned after a year as a Credicorp Capital legal manager), Pedro Pablo Cruz (elevated in 2020), Juan Ignacio Galdámez, Cristián Risopatrón and Fernando Campino.
The large, 63-strong team at Barros & Errázuriz is held in high esteem in the market and advises on private acquisitions, cross-border takeovers of listed companies, acquisitions of controlling and minority interests, divestitures, and corporate restructuring programmes; moreover, the ‘unique‘ group has also developed a substantial public M&A presence. Clients additionally benefit from the firm’s full-service status, which affords access to business-oriented tax expertise, as well as specialist antitrust, banking and finance, restructuring, energy and real estate practices. Widely respected for public M&A and international cross-border transactions, Pablo Guerrero heads the department, which includes Bernardo Simian (M&A, foreign investment, financing and capital markets); Fernando Barros (investment projects and corporate and financing structures – in addition to heading the tax practice); and M&A, finance and capital markets specialists Cristián Barros and Luis Alberto Letelier. Also integral to the practice are Emilio Vásquez and Carlos Ducci, who both focus on corporate law, foreign investment, M&A and joint ventures; and José Tomás Errázuriz , who handles corporate matters in addition to leading the dispute resolution group. The next generation partners to note are Vicente Cordero, who was promoted in 2020, and Sergio Eguiguren, while counsel Daniela Peña and senior associate Lucas Marinovic are also experienced advisers.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Venture capital
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon