Mr Lucas Marinovic > Barros & Errázuriz > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Barros & Errázuriz Offices
AV. ISIDORA GOYENECHEA 2939, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Lucas Marinovic
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Aquisitions
- Senior Associate, Barros & Errázuriz
- Senior Associate, Barros & Errázuriz (2011).
- Foreign Partner, Sidley Austin, New York, United States (2015-2016).
- Aide to the Chief of Staff of the President (2010).
- Assistant, Commercial Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago (2007 – 2009).
- Assistant, Business and Taxation, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago (2009).
Spanish and English
- Law, Law School, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, 2010.
- LL.M., Stanford University, California, United States, 2015.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The large, 63-strong team at Barros & Errázuriz is held in high esteem in the market and advises on private acquisitions, cross-border takeovers of listed companies, acquisitions of controlling and minority interests, divestitures, and corporate restructuring programmes; moreover, the ‘unique‘ group has also developed a substantial public M&A presence. Clients additionally benefit from the firm’s full-service status, which affords access to business-oriented tax expertise, as well as specialist antitrust, banking and finance, restructuring, energy and real estate practices. Widely respected for public M&A and international cross-border transactions, Pablo Guerrero heads the department, which includes Bernardo Simian (M&A, foreign investment, financing and capital markets); Fernando Barros (investment projects and corporate and financing structures – in addition to heading the tax practice); and M&A, finance and capital markets specialists Cristián Barros and Luis Alberto Letelier. Also integral to the practice are Emilio Vásquez and Carlos Ducci, who both focus on corporate law, foreign investment, M&A and joint ventures; and José Tomás Errázuriz , who handles corporate matters in addition to leading the dispute resolution group. The next generation partners to note are Vicente Cordero, who was promoted in 2020, and Sergio Eguiguren, while counsel Daniela Peña and senior associate Lucas Marinovic are also experienced advisers.
Enjoying strong relationships with a range of incubators, accelerators and investors from Chile and beyond, full-service legal practice Barros & Errázuriz brings its renowned expertise in corporate, M&A and financing matters to the VC table, together with its high-level knowledge of the VC ecosystem. The group advises national and international startups and investors throughout all stages of a company’s development, including planning, growth, finance and exit phases. A partner since 2018, M&A and corporate and commercial specialist Sergio Eguiguren leads the VC practice as well as the firm’s innovation and entrepreneurship practice, with senior associate Lucas Marinovic also active on the VC front; Marinovic advises emerging companies on their growth paths (including both financing and M&A matters). Associate Juan Sebastián Alonso provides additional support.
Barros & Errázuriz‘s mining practice advises on areas ranging from mining concessions, financing and mining project acquisitions to regulatory matters, leasing agreements and judicial defences. It is also expert in allied-areas that are integral to mining operations, such as desalination plants, ports, transmission lines, mining roads, water rights, community issues, and environmental matters. Experienced partners: Fernando Garrido (energy industry specialist); Vicente Cordero, whose international experience includes several years in New York; and senior associate Lucas Marinovic, who has an extensive corporate law practice, are the principal advisors. Moreover, since research concuded, the team has been strengthened with the significant hire of senior associate Felipe Allende, formerly at Bofill, Mir & Álvarez Jana, in October 2021.
- Corporate and M&A - Chile
- Rising stars - Chile > Corporate and M&A
- Rising stars - Chile > Venture capital
- Venture capital - Chile
- Mining - Chile > Energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Consumer and advertising law
- Corporate and M&A
- Data privacy
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Venture capital
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon