Mr Fernando González-Ruiz > Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán > Panama, Panama > Lawyer Profile
Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán Offices
IGRA BUILDING, NO 8 AQUILINO DE LA GUARDIA STREET
- Go to...
Mr Fernando González-Ruiz
• License Certificate: 2009
• ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
Associate since 2009.
Legal Assistant (2004 – 2008).
Spanish and English
- Panama Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA), member of the Anti-Counterfeiting Committee.
- Panamanian Association of Intellectual Property Law (APADEPI)
- American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM), member of the Committees of Environment, Information and Communication Technology Services, and Trade and Investment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Political Sciences, Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología (ULACIT), (2009). Thesis: “The Voting Trust in Panama Corporations and the Anglo-Saxon Voting Trust”.
- Specialization Course in Civil Law, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain, (2009).
- Master in Business Administration (MBA), ADEN Business School, (2018).
- Specialization in Legal Tech and Innovation, The George Washington School of Business/ADEN Business School, (2020).
- Executive Program, Financial Analysis for Lawyers, Tulane University – A.B. Freeman School of Business, (2023).
Photography, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, boxing and reading
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The IP lawyers at Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán are highlighted as ‘very skilled trade mark practitioners‘, but also have expertise in patent matters, with a comprehensive practice which covers filings, oppositions and renewals, as well as anti-counterfeiting litigation. The firm enjoys strong connections with international law firms thanks to its membership of alliances such as Multilaw, allowing it to advise multinationals across a broad spread of sectors, including pharmaceuticals, telecoms, luxury goods, sports, and food and beverages, on the management of their IP portfolios. ‘Excellent‘ practice head Gabriela Tejada de Britton, who is the current president of the Panamanian Association of Intellectual Property Law, is renowned for her experience in the full spectrum of trade mark and patent matters. She is supported by up-and-coming partners Moisés Rivera, an expert in IP litigation (particularly opposition actions), and Mariela de la Guardia (who leads the firm’s growing data privacy and protection department), and ‘remarkable‘ associate Fernando González-Ruiz, whose practice has an emphasis on brand protection and anti-counterfeiting litigation.