Mrs Gabriela Tejada de Britton > Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán > Panama, Panama > Lawyer Profile
Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán Offices
IGRA BUILDING, NO 8 AQUILINO DE LA GUARDIA STREET
- Go to...
Mrs Gabriela Tejada de Britton
Head of the Firm's Intellectual Property Department
Intellectual Property: Trademarks, patents, utility models, industrial designs, slogans, copyrights, trade and domain names.
• License Certificate: 1990
• ICAZA, GONZÁLEZ-RUIZ & ALEMÁN
Partner since 2000 – In charge of the IP Department.
Associate (1990 – 2000).
• Panama Conciliation and Arbitration Centre
Qualified Arbitrator (2002 – 2003).
• She actively participated in the drafting and discussion of the Law in force regarding Industrial Property.
Spanish, English and French
Panama Bar Association; President of the Panamanian Association of Intellectual Property Law (APADEPI) 2020-2022; Inter-American Association of Industrial Property (ASIPI); Association Internationale Pour la Proteccion de la Propriete Intellectual (AIPPI); International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law and Political Sciences, Universidad Santa Maria La Antigua, Panama, (1989). Thesis: “Legal Challenge to Arbitral Decisions in the Panamanian Judicial Code”.
- D.E.A in General Private Law, University of Paris Panthéon-Assas, (Paris II), Cum Laude, Paris, (1990).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Icaza, González-Ruiz & Alemán is active in trade mark, patent and copyright matters, handling the registration of IP rights nationally and internationally, as well as IP-related litigation. The practice predominantly acts for well-known multinationals from the beauty, pharmaceutical, automotive, luxury goods, food and beverages, and entertainment sectors. Practice head Gabriela Tejada de Britton has longstanding experience in trade mark and patent prosecution, and leads the IP team that provides ‘deep expertise and pragmatic advice‘. She ‘is backed by an excellent team‘, which includes recently promoted partner Moisés Rivera, whose specialisms encompass trade marks, brand protection and anti-counterfeiting litigation, and associate Fernando González-Ruiz, who handles infringement actions, particularly in the e-commerce sector.