Camilla Usher-Clark > Burges Salmon LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Burges Salmon LLP Offices
ONE GLASS WHARF
- Go to...
Camilla’s practice covers M&A, joint ventures, private equity, restructurings and general corporate law. She also has a specialism in co-operative and community benefit society law and community interest companies.
Camilla leads the firm’s award-winning corporate Energy team and her work has a strong focus in this area (particularly clean energy), giving her a much deeper understanding of the issues facing businesses operating in the sector.
Trained Burges Salmon; qualified 2000; partner 2008.
The Red Maids’ School; Bristol University (1997 LLB Hons; 1998 LPC).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
At Burges Salmon LLP, the corporate team is recognised for its expertise in transactions spanning public and private M&A as well as investments. The team continues to have a strong offering in mid-market private equity, counting funds, management teams and portfolio companies amongst its clients. Key sectors for the practice include financial services, technology and renewable energy, where it advises on deals involving energy assets and SPVs. Nick Graves and Rupert Weston jointly lead the team, with wide-ranging experience across the transactional space. Mark Shepherd heads the private equity team and handles a steady stream of mandates in this area, while Richard Spink has notable expertise in cross-border work. Camilla Usher-Clark is another name to note, with a strong track record in the energy and utilities sectors. Amongst the directors in the team, Tim Roberts stands out for his recent work on high-value deals across a range of sectors.
Working across a number of national offices, Burges Salmon LLP regularly handles a strong mix of mid-market deals for clients in financial services, tech, retail, manufacturing, and energy – where the team is best known for its capabilities in nuclear and renewables. Bristol-based practice chair Nick Graves works with a wide range of public and private companies on joint ventures, capital markets fundraisings, and corporate governance projects. Rupert Weston anchors the firm’s hotel and leisure sector offering, acting for a diverse portfolio of high-profile chains and operators on both domestic and cross-border transactions. Camilla Usher-Clark is noted for her specialist expertise in community energy matters, with recent highlights including linked transactions for some of the biggest names in the market. Jonathan Eves is also recommended.
- Corporate and commercial: Bristol - South West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - South West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport