Mark J. Ditto > Vedder Price > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
222 NORTH LASALLE STREET, SUITE 2600
CHICAGO, IL 60601-1003
- Go to...
Mark J. Ditto
Global Transportation Finance
Mr. Ditto represents operating lessors, commercial banks, finance companies, private equity firms and hedge funds in complex commercial aircraft and high-value equipment transactions, including securitizations and warehouse financings, Rule 144A and Regulation S capital markets offerings, including those involving syndicated equity, joint ventures, cross-border operating and finance leases, ECA financings, distressed-debt trades and workouts, and the establishment of offshore leasing platforms.
Mr. Ditto also represents financiers and lessors in manufacturing facility financings, including those in the steel, timber, chemical, distribution and water treatment industries. In addition, Mr. Ditto has considerable experience in financings involving automobile loans and leases, credit card receivables, dealer floorplan receivables, marine container leases, mortgage loans, railcar leases, student loans, trade receivables and vessel loans. He advises clients on various day-to-day matters including tax-based corporate structuring, consignment arrangements, servicing and management agreements, and general corporate and securities law matters.
Mr. Ditto has been involved in several pro bono matters representing political asylum clients from Darfur, the Central African Republic, Sierra Leone, and Tibet.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT)
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2007, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- DePauw University, B.A., 2004, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
‘One of the key law firms in the market‘, Vedder Price fields a ‘very strong‘ global transportation finance team covering the entire spectrum of aircraft finance transactions, from large M&A transactions to aircraft asset-backed security (ABS) deals, portfolio debt financings, structured multi-aircraft financings, bond offerings and leaseback transactions. Chicago-based practice head Geoffrey Kass focuses on structured financings in the aviation transportation industry; and Adam Beringer (also in Chicago) is a highly regarded commercial aircraft finance specialist. In NewYork, Jeffrey Veber has a strong track record in aviation finance transactions; and Cameron Gee (‘one of the best, if not the best, aviation lawyer I have worked with‘, according to one client) recently represented Castlelake in the structured loan financing of 16 737-800 aircraft and two 777-300ER aircraft for Virgin Australia. lso recommended are Los Angeles-based Raviv Surpin, who advises on a range of aircraft finance transactions; and Michael Draz, a specialist in transaction structures, and commercial aircraft deal expert Mark Ditto, both of whom are based in Chicago. New York-based Justine Chilvers is ‘an excellent associate‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)