Justine L. Chilvers > Vedder Price > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
1633 Broadway 31st Floor
New York, New York 10019
- Go to...
Justine L. Chilvers
Global Transportation Finance
Ms. Chilvers concentrates her practice in corporate finance, with a special focus on aviation, equipment and commercial bank finance. She has advised clients on a wide range of cross-border and domestic aircraft, rail and corporate finance transactions. Her experience includes representing financial institutions, lessors and borrowers in back-leveraged and operating lease portfolio facilities, cross-border mortgage financings, revolving credit warehouse facilities, securitizations and capital markets offerings, asset purchase agreements and export credit agency-supported financings as well as fleet and portfolio financings.
While in law school, she worked for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York under the Honorable Magistrate Judge Michael H. Dolinger, and for the Commercial Litigation unit of the New York City Law Department.
Ms. Chilvers is the co-founder of City Readers, Inc., a New York not-for-profit, dedicated to promoting literary appreciation and raising funds for books for public and charter school students in New York City. She is also the founder of The Right Pick, a published blog on the New York restaurant and nightlife scene. She holds dual citizenship in the United Kingdom and the United States and is fluent in French.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Pennsylvania, 2008, magna cum laude
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Vedder Price‘s global transportation finance practice covers the entire spectrum of aircraft finance transactions. Representative expertise for the ‘extremely commercial and strategically-thinking aviation team‘ ranges from large-value M&A to aircraft-related asset-backed securities work, portfolio debt financings, and structured multi-aircraft financings in the capital markets. The department also has a robust leaseback transactions practice. Heading up the team, corporate and securities law specialist Geoffrey R. Kass is highly rated for structured financings in the aviation transportation industry. Adam R. Beringer and Michael E. Draz are also widely respected aircraft finance experts, while Mark J. Ditto is regularly sought out for complex commercial aircraft and high-value equipment deals. In New York, Cameron A. Gee routinely handles financing structures established across multiple jurisdictions; and Jeffrey T. Veber has great experience in transportation financings. On the West Coast, Raviv Surpin is an aircraft finance transactions expert in the Los Angeles office. At associate level, Justine L. Chilvers in New York ‘stands out for her ability to drive deals‘, while James Kilner‘s broad banking and finance practice includes aviation sales and leasebacks. All named lawyers are based in the firm’s Chicago office unless otherwise mentioned.
- Rising stars - United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense