Cameron A. Gee > Vedder Price > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
1633 Broadway 31st Floor
New York, New York 10019
- Go to...
Cameron A. Gee
Global Transportation Finance
Mr. Gee concentrates his practice in transportation finance with a special focus on aviation finance. He has more than 20 years of experience in law and finance.
Mr. Gee represents clients in the financing of aircraft, railcars, engines and industrial equipment, and he routinely handles financing structures established across multiple jurisdictions with aircraft and other assets deployed globally. His experience includes aircraft predelivery payment financings, EETCs, mortgage financings, leveraged leases, off-balance-sheet financings, securitizations and warehouse financings.
- Member, International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT)
- New York University, LL.M., 2005
- Bond University, LL.B., 1998, first class honors
United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
Vedder Price fields ‘a vast team‘, with expertise across a full range of aviation finance transactions, including M&A deals, aircraft ABS and debt financing, structured multi-aircraft financing, and sale and leaseback transactions. Global transportation finance head Geoffrey Kass and Los Angeles-based Raviv Surpin advised BBAM on an acquisition by its managed entities of 132 Airbus aircraft, and options to purchase an additional 50 A320/321 NEO family aircraft, from AirAsia Berhad and its subsidiary, Asia Aviation Capital. New York-based Cameron Gee advised Macquarie AirFinance on a $3bn term loan facility, secured by 145 aircraft, and also assisted with its related $1bn unsecured revolving facility. Kass and Adam Beringer advised Castlelake Aircraft Structured Trust 2018-1 (CLAS 2018-1), as issuer, and Castlelake, as servicer, on its fifth structured ABS financing. In New York, Jeffrey Veber, who is praised for his ‘longstanding experience’ and his ability to ‘foresee the client’s needs’, and Michael Draz acted for ITE Management as the anchor equity investor in Air Lease Corporation’s Thunderbolt II asset backed securitization, which is secured by a portfolio of 18 jet aircraft on lease to 16 lessees based in 15 countries. Christopher Setteducati in New York, Dean Gerber, Los Angeles-based associate Clay Thomas, Mark Ditto, Robert Hankes and John Bycraft are also key figures. Named individuals are based in Chicago unless otherwise indicated. Mehtap Cevher Conti joined Arnold & Porter in 2018.
United States > Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
Vedder Price’s asset finance and securitization practice acts for a range of lessors, lenders, manufacturers, government agencies and equity investors in complex rail finance and leasing mandates. Cameron Gee in New York advised National Steel Car on various railcar leasing and financing transactions. Other key figures include John Bycraft, who is experienced in rolling stock transactions, and Michael Draz, who is involved in a number key rail sector transactions. Also recommended are senior associate Clay Thomas in Los Angeles and associate Joel Thielen. Geoffrey Kass heads the firm’s transportation finance group. Named individuals are based in Chicago unless otherwise stated.
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
- Transport: rail and road - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/ exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense