Raviv Surpin > Vedder Price > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Vedder Price Offices
1925 Century Park East Suite 1900
- Go to...
Global Transportation Finance
Having focused on commercial aircraft finance for nearly 20 years, Mr. Surpin has amassed significant experience representing and counseling operating lessors, borrowers, finance companies, manufacturers and investors in all manner of aircraft finance transactions. He is well skilled in negotiating and bringing stakeholders together in portfolio securitizations and warehouse financings involving substantial commercial aircraft portfolios, cross-border operating lease transactions, and numerous multi-jurisdictional aircraft portfolio acquisition and disposition transactions, restructuring and commercial lending.
Prior to joining Vedder Price, Mr. Surpin practiced law in London and Los Angeles before serving as Vice President and Corporate Counsel to International Lease Finance Corporation / AerCap (ILFC/AerCap), the world’s largest global aircraft operating lessor. At ILFC/AerCap, Mr. Surpin advised senior management in financing and securitization matters and was instrumental in the extraction of aircraft from difficult jurisdictions. With this distinctive background, Mr. Surpin provides legal counsel and representation to aircraft lessors and lessees that is both real-world pragmatic and efficient.
Mr. Surpin works with clients on various day-to-day matters, such as leasing structures, aircraft and engine maintenance agreements, consignment agreements, modification and conversion agreements, and servicing and management agreements, as well as general corporate law matters. Mr. Surpin has extensive transactional experience in Australia, India and Brazil.
English, Portuguese, Hebrew and Spanish
- University of York, York Law School, LL.M., 1994
- University of Oxford, B.A., 1993
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Vedder Price‘s global transportation finance practice covers the entire spectrum of aircraft finance transactions. Representative expertise for the ‘extremely commercial and strategically-thinking aviation team‘ ranges from large-value M&A to aircraft-related asset-backed securities work, portfolio debt financings, and structured multi-aircraft financings in the capital markets. The department also has a robust leaseback transactions practice. Heading up the team, corporate and securities law specialist Geoffrey R. Kass is highly rated for structured financings in the aviation transportation industry. Adam R. Beringer and Michael E. Draz are also widely respected aircraft finance experts, while Mark J. Ditto is regularly sought out for complex commercial aircraft and high-value equipment deals. In New York, Cameron A. Gee routinely handles financing structures established across multiple jurisdictions; and Jeffrey T. Veber has great experience in transportation financings. On the West Coast, Raviv Surpin is an aircraft finance transactions expert in the Los Angeles office. At associate level, Justine L. Chilvers in New York ‘stands out for her ability to drive deals‘, while James Kilner‘s broad banking and finance practice includes aviation sales and leasebacks. All named lawyers are based in the firm’s Chicago office unless otherwise mentioned.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - finance
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense