Edward Lee > Proskauer Rose LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
- Go to...
Edward Lee is a partner in Proskauer’s Private Funds Group. Edward advises fund managers and investors on the formation of a broad range of funds, including private equity, infrastructure, real estate, debt, venture capital and secondary funds. He also advises on co-investments (including direct co-investments) and buyers and sellers in secondary transactions. In addition, Edward works on various related issues, including single investor vehicles, carried interest arrangements, limited liability partnership agreements and ongoing fund administrative issues.
Proskauer Rose LLP offers clients broad, deep expertise in the private funds space, with experience in acting for a range of GPs and LPs across private and growth equity, infrastructure, credit and renewable energy funds. The team’s expertise covers fund formation, fundraising and transactions; it is increasingly making a name for itself in the secondaries market, handling a steady stream of formations and transactions in this space including advising funds-of-funds and continuation funds. Jordan Hurwitz was promoted to partner in November 2021, joining the ‘outstanding’ Bruno Bertrand-Delfau as secondaries-focused partners in the team. Nigel van Zyl leads the ‘agile’ team and advises prominent clients on the establishment and management of funds. Edward Lee is noted for his focus on venture capital, while Peter Olds specialises in acting for infrastructure funds. The firm is well-known for its strength in funds matters in the United States, and London-based partners frequently collaborate with partners in the US. The group also boasts a strong bench of associates, with Christopher Elson picked out for his ‘calm demeanor, balanced views, network, and work ethic’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+