Christopher Elson > Proskauer Rose LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
- Go to...
Private Investment Funds
Chris advises fund managers on a range of matters, focusing on fundraising and fund structuring, internal governance and ongoing fund maintenance. He has experience in management spin-outs as well as a variety of carried interest and co-investment issues. Chris also advises a number of institutional investors on primary investments and secondary transactions.
Chris has spent time working in the private equity industry, having previously been seconded to Hg in London for 9 months.
Representative clients include AnaCap Financial Partners, Axa Venture Partners, Avedon, Bregal, G Square and Hg.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Proskauer Rose LLP offers clients broad, deep expertise in the private funds space, with experience in acting for a range of GPs and LPs across private and growth equity, infrastructure, credit and renewable energy funds. The team’s expertise covers fund formation, fundraising and transactions; it is increasingly making a name for itself in the secondaries market, handling a steady stream of formations and transactions in this space including advising funds-of-funds and continuation funds. Jordan Hurwitz was promoted to partner in November 2021, joining the ‘outstanding’ Bruno Bertrand-Delfau as secondaries-focused partners in the team. Nigel van Zyl leads the ‘agile’ team and advises prominent clients on the establishment and management of funds. Edward Lee is noted for his focus on venture capital, while Peter Olds specialises in acting for infrastructure funds. The firm is well-known for its strength in funds matters in the United States, and London-based partners frequently collaborate with partners in the US. The group also boasts a strong bench of associates, with Christopher Elson picked out for his ‘calm demeanor, balanced views, network, and work ethic’.
- Rising stars - London > Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Private funds - London > Investment fund formation and management
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+