Richard Ward > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
Richard Ward is Co-Managing Partner for the firm in London, and Chair of the firm’s UK Tax practice. A broad-gauged UK corporate and transactional tax lawyer, Mr. Ward has advised an array of multinational clients on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, financing transactions and private equity fund formation and operation.
Law Society; International Fiscal Association (British branch).
Mr. Ward is a member of the international tax and tax reporting working group of Invest Europe.
Cranleigh School, Surrey; St Edmund Hall, Oxford.
The group at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP draws heavily on the firm’s US presence to advise US investors on the tax aspects of fund formation, M&A, finance and capital markets transactions in the UK. The group is led by co-managing partner of the London office Richard Ward, who is a transactional tax expert. Matthew Saronson takes the lead assisting sponsors and investors on the US and international aspects of UK private equity investments.
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP has an active presence in the project finance and energy spaces, with particular experience advising on matters in the renewable energy sector. PPP is another key area of focus. The team has advised on infrastructure projects ranging from wastewater plants to schools. Dani Kabbani heads the practice. Richard Ward leads the contentious work and has a broad range of experience in engineering and construction disputes. Legal director Alexander Whyatt and Shalagh Massingham advise on non-contentious construction matters as well as construction-related dispute resolution and arbitration.
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP has a wide dispute resolution offering that covers arbitration, mediation and litigation. Richard Ward leads the team and is particularly experienced in construction and engineering disputes. Shalagh Massingham, who is based in Dubai, also has a strong contentious practice, with a particular focus on construction arbitration.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition