Richard Ward > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
Richard Ward is Co-Managing Partner for the firm in London, and Chair of the firm’s UK Tax practice. A broad-gauged UK corporate and transactional tax lawyer, Mr. Ward has advised an array of multinational clients on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, financing transactions and private equity fund formation and operation.
Trainee and associate Freshfields; qualified 1985; Freshfields 1983-92; associate Bird & Bird 1992-93; partner 1993-2003; partner Debevoise & Plimpton LLP 2004 to date. .
Law Society; International Fiscal Association (British branch).
Mr. Ward is a member of the international tax and tax reporting working group of Invest Europe, (previously the European Private Equity & Venture Capital Association).
Cranleigh School, Surrey; St Edmund Hall, Oxford.
London > Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP stands out for its expertise in the interplay between US and UK tax regimes, predominantly advising on fund formation, M&A, financing and capital markets tax issues with US-UK aspects. The team is jointly-led by London co-managing partner Richard Ward and Matthew Saronson, whose practice consists of advising sponsors and investors on the US and international tax aspects of private equity funds and their operations.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Finance > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition