Matthew Saronson > Debevoise & Plimpton LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP Offices
65 GRESHAM STREET
- Go to...
Matt Saronson focuses on advising sponsors and investors on the U.S. and international tax aspects of private equity funds and representing private equity and corporate clients in connection with complex, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional acquisitions, dispositions, financings and partnership transactions. Working with the firm’s fund formation lawyers in the U.S., Europe and Asia, he has advised on a broad spectrum of private funds.
Clerk Supreme Court of Vermont; qualified 1998; Debevoise & Plimpton New York 1997; London office 2003; partner 2006; admitted to the Bars of New York and Vermont.
Mr. Saronson is a member of the taxation committee of the British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association, and of the international tax and tax reporting working group of Invest Europe.
Mr. Saronson received a B.A. from the University of Massachusetts (Amherst) in 1994, where he graduated with highest honors and a J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he graduated with highest honors in 1997 and was a member of the Law Review. Mr. Saronson was a member of the Order of the Coif and Phi Beta Kappa. He is admitted to the Bar in New York and Vermont.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP fields a ‘high calibre‘ team with significant private equity experience. Co-managing partner Richard Ward works on high value private equity transactions, to which he brings ‘broad perspectives and insight‘. Ward jointly leads the department with Matthew Saronson, whose focus is on advising sponsors and investors on US and international tax. Cecile Beurrier has expertise in the structuring and formation of private equity and debt funds. ‘Excellent’ international counsel Jennifer Wheater is also a key name.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition