Oliver Irwin > Bracewell (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bracewell (UK) LLP Offices
25 OLD BROAD STREET
- Go to...
Mr. Irwin advises lenders and sponsors on the development and financing of cross-border energy and infrastructure projects across a broad range of industries, many of which are the first of its kind in their sector. He has significant experience advising on multi-sourced project financings involving export credit agencies, multilaterals and development finance institutions. He is also a regular speaker at industry conferences and a lecturer at the TXF/CC Solutions “School of ECA Finance”.
Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales; Nottingham Law School, LPC, GDL, 2004; University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, Bachelor of Arts, 2001, honors.
London > Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
US firm Bracewell (UK) LLP has a proven track record of acting in emerging markets, with strength in large Middle Eastern project financing deals, where the team is advising on a 800MW solar plant project, the first of its size in Qatar. Overseen by managing partner Jason Fox, the core practice group includes construction specialist Tracy London and Oliver Irwin, who advises both lenders and sponsors on international projects. Offshore wind projects and UK-wide battery storage work are other areas of focus. The team has recently ramped up its renewable energy offering by recruiting three Clifford Chance LLP associates as partners – Tom Jamieson, Gordon Stewart and Jo En Low all have considerable expertise of energy transactions across the EMEA region.
Bracewell (UK) LLP is recommended by clients as a ‘global leader in project finance, export credit agency-backed deals, restructuring and general corporate work‘. Cross-border work is a strength given the firm’s US heritage and it’s particularly strong in the energy space, notably the key areas of renewables, solar and oil and gas. In addition to its energy work, the practice has experience advising on utilities. Energy and finance expert Jason Fox leads a team that includes Oliver Irwin, who advises lenders and sponsors on the development and financing of cross-border projects.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables) - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Infrastructure - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration